[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
LordVondrake wrote:
"
LordVondrake wrote:
First of all, thanks for the guide. I'm enjoying it a LOT, especialy since i got a 6-L Harbringer with only 37 fuses.

I have a question regarding Puncture. Atm i use this setup:

But soon i want to do atziri so i'll switch to trap and point black. Anyway, i have a question about both setups... is really mandatory "Faster attack" in the Puncture setup? Even if the tooltip dmg is increased, the real damage is not. Shouldn't be better to get a dmg gem?

I have another problem: Every lvl i get, my dps is being lowered cause accuracy. Plus i tried the Drillneck (But with only 79% piercing) and my dps got lowered a lot if i compare it with my other quiver.

Atm: 10.214 vs 8.381 (Tornado).

Why is so "low"? I'm doing something wrong?

Gear:
Spoiler

You could also vaal the quiver for an additional arrow if you have balls ;)
"
Desm0nt wrote:

If you want to have profit with drillneck - you must get 30% pierce node and pierce gem instead added fire. With it you can get around 100% pierce (that mean 100% proj.dmg increase)

Yeah, the dmg was with pierce gem, but not 100% (79%).

"

Don't worry about this. Your tooltip dps is an estimation against a monster of your level. Since monster evasion increases with level, your tooltip dps decreases if you don't raise your accuracy. But this is nore more relevant once you go above level 80 as there's no monster of such a level. That being said, it's a good idea to keep a decent accuracy, above 1800 i'd say.

As for your quiver, it's an excellent one with all dps stats except attack speed. Don't bother with Drillneck and enjoy the saved passive points.

Crap... don't tell me that because i spended some exalteds in the Drillneck :(

Anyway, i will get the Drillneck plus the nodes to reach 100% Pierce so I can compare both DPS. If the Drillneck is worse, i just need to use 5 respect points and get something else for DPS instead :)

"
dEus__ wrote:

Hell, no, I have no balls to ruin my quiver. Bought it long time agoo, before the crit nerf patch so i doubt i can get a similar one if i ruin it xD

Thanks to all for the help :D
Last edited by LordVondrake on Feb 4, 2015, 8:52:58 AM
Is my bow worth going for 6 links or should I get an upgrade then shoot for 6 linking?

Also need to get off my ass and level up an ICD gem, rather than a ICS gem in that puncture link...

On gems. I finally figured out that I could level up gems in my alternate weapon slots. How did I not figure that sooner! Newb problems... Is the best strategy for a new player to level gems to 20, while leveling needed gems in alternate slots then convert main gems to +20 quality? Once converted to +qual use the leveled alternate gems until the +qual gems are high enough level again? I could try to purchase +quality gems but gear upgrades more important for now?

On a related note, got lucky with a self found Lioneye's Glare, 5 socket. Thinking of also properly linking/chroming and testing that out with the build... The bow is a rather low rolled item though.

Newb Player Jan. 2015 IGN: Ripcurve, Ripspell
-He who forgets will be destined to remember...
Last edited by jvtrain on Feb 4, 2015, 6:22:51 PM
"
LordVondrake wrote:

"
dEus__ wrote:

Hell, no, I have no balls to ruin my quiver. Bought it long time agoo, before the crit nerf patch so i doubt i can get a similar one if i ruin it xD

Yeah I know what you mean :)
Hi Guys,

On the topic of Drillneck. If you have your pierce gem 20Q and Lvl20, then you would be above 70% pierce chance from that alone. Then you grab the 30% pierce chance on the passive tree, and you have capped out. The 100% pierce chance is a hard cap. Then getting any of the corrupted Drillnecks would seem a better option than the 10% pierce chance (which literally has zero influence on your pierce chance at this point)... right?
How much life leech % do we need to stay alive vs. reflect using Tornado Shot?
I use Vaal Pact and kept dying on reflect maps, then realized I only have 3% life leech (2% from tree, 1% from ring).

Now I bumped it up to over 10% leech, but as Vaal Pact applies only 40% of leech it seems impossible to outleech the damage, as the mobs reflect 18% of it?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
DaneOfTheHill wrote:
Hi Guys,

On the topic of Drillneck. If you have your pierce gem 20Q and Lvl20, then you would be above 70% pierce chance from that alone. Then you grab the 30% pierce chance on the passive tree, and you have capped out. The 100% pierce chance is a hard cap. Then getting any of the corrupted Drillnecks would seem a better option than the 10% pierce chance (which literally has zero influence on your pierce chance at this point)... right?

The best option is drillneck with +1 arrow. With it you can change GMP to LMP and increase your dmg =)
IGN: DesRaven
"
Jadran wrote:
I use Vaal Pact and kept dying on reflect maps, then realized I only have 3% life leech (2% from tree, 1% from ring).

Now I bumped it up to over 10% leech, but as Vaal Pact applies only 40% of leech it seems impossible to outleech the damage, as the mobs reflect 18% of it?

With our crit dmg probably we just can't leach so much, as mob reflected (i mean 18% phys. reflect. For ele reflect just replace hartred with haste for dps or grace for aditional eva). I have 9% leach (2% from tree and 7% from jewel) and just die from crit of my pucture.

We put about 120k damage ie is reflected around 20k (slightly less from mobs with armor). We do not have armor. Our stock - 4-4.5k our HP and about 10k HP Life leach (if 9%), which is clearly not enough to compensate reflection. The only reason we do not die from every shot - our evasion, which sends some of the damage passing us. But with 90-92% accuracy it don't realy help.
IGN: DesRaven
Last edited by Desm0nt on Feb 5, 2015, 4:50:49 AM
"
Jadran wrote:

For reflect maps, you might as well use the Life Gain on Hit gem, if you ever have a red socket (I do as I use Added Fire Damage with TS). This clearly helps with about 50+ hp per arrow hit.

This lowers damage a bit but anyway, with reflect you have to act carefully, therefore I prefer survivability over damage in these cases.
Last edited by Bashibouzouk on Feb 5, 2015, 5:03:58 AM
"
Jadran wrote:

Another option is just avoid those maps or do it with another character (A elemental one for physical reflect, for example).

Also, if is a single rare mob, you can use puncture traps to stay alive. (Traps plus Point Black gems)

But since we don't have rarity, i preffer to just switch those maps to other character because i preffer to don't lost 10% exp due crits.
Last edited by LordVondrake on Feb 5, 2015, 6:20:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info