Freezing Pulse Templar Build [1.3.0 updated!]

"
SlightRedeye wrote:
Essentially, Glass Cannon Freezing Pulse builds are throwback builds of a time where it was considered a decently strong spec.

It is difficult to justify choosing this build over a simple Arcer/Flameblast/Incinerate other than it is fun.

Other than that, something to consider as an improvement would be to drop the Taryn's completely and use dual Daggers. The Cold Penetration cluster above the Witch is in the same place as the Dual Wielding cast speed nodes, so not much adapting is required. The benefit is 70%+ crit chance with good gear and better freezing. If you are going Glass Cannon, fully commit to it.

Using Cold to Fire will drastically make reflect easier to deal with, too. Forget about Added Lightning and run Herald of Thunder. You can still shock bosses without it.

Freezing is a useless defence if you kill things instantly.

He can't go crit, his build and gear doesn't work with it. He needs atleast 17 nodes to change basically spec out of his damage towards power charges / vaal pact.

Also i agree with you with his staff, it seems to be absolutely pointless. If i would go the staff way i would go for judgement staff, better on every level. But for crit builds ( as freezing pulses freezes on crit ) i would go full crit build for sure. But even then the staff he got now will be useless as it will be 1 hitting everthing anyway.

The whole build just doesn't seem to work very well at all for crit that is.

Therefor he made a glasscanon high dps freezing pulse build that doesn't relay on crit. I'm not sure why he goes into crit at all to be honest. He can better go for raw cold / spelldmg then and pick those increased freeze gems / buffs whatever else solutions.

Last edited by GATYGUN on Dec 30, 2014, 4:00:22 PM
Hi! I just checked out your build as i wanted to go for a freeze pulser myself.

As I play Bloodlines selffound and didn't get a Taryns yet i won't be able to go that glasscannon, but i recognized, that you picked up an unnecessary int note at Zealot's Oath. You could grab some more crit for that.
What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D
what bandits have u choosen?
found it, sorry
I need Passive Tree. Now I can't see it. need patch 1.3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info