1.3 Crit Bow Ranger

"
Opinionated wrote:

Much easier for me to help you.

Vaal Pact will not counter reflect. Neither will Atziri gloves. That is why I did not mention them in the part about countering reflect damage. There are 3 things that will counter reflect: damage mitigation, insanely large life pool (much more than you have), or damage conversion.

Honestly, I can not remember the last time I died with this build. Can you give me a more specific example of how you die?

Normal mobs rarely even get close to me. No defense needed when you literally 1 shot them.

Some bosses I can understand. My general goal when fighting bosses is to not get hit. I accept, that if I have to face tank a boss I will most likely die. Then again, I have been bear trapped by exiles and survived. I did the Whaka unique map without dieing.

No offense, but the stats you describe tell me you are not following my build. I would appreciate it if you actually gave my build a legit try before you put it down. :)

I am not offended; I will try to use more :). :) maybe a few more <3 as well. :)

*Edit* While leveling I used ice shot on some harder bosses. I used to have a video of freeze locking Kole but I was not happy with the quality so I deleted it. When I get around to it I will add some 6 link options for ice shot.

I dont die from reflect, TY. It's because i invest into defense seriously. All my last deaths were from spells, mostly - physical ones. Reflext just hurts me, making it easier for mobs to kill me, that's all.

As for mitigation, the amount of evasion i have is close to upper limit a player can have. Raising it higher requires heavy investments with little benefit (due to diminishing). The only reasonable way to get even more mitigation is using Lightning Coil. I dont feel like i need it, though. Maybe, if i had a bow with close to perfect stats and 6-link... Then Lightning Coil would be must-have.

But ATM, i'm more concerned at surviving spells. That's why i want high HP and
first
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 6, 2014, 3:17:19 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

All my last deaths were from spells, mostly - physical ones.

As for mitigation, the amount of evasion i have is close to upper limit a player can have. Raising it higher requires heavy investments with little benefit (due to diminishing). The only reasonable way to get even more mitigation is using Lightning Coil. I dont feel like i need it, though. Maybe, if i had a bow with close to perfect stats and 6-link... Then Lightning Coil would be must-have.

first

Evasion will do nothing against spells.

You can Enfeeble curse.
You can use endurance charges. (Only helpful against physical spells)
You can use Lightning Coil. (Probably why I haven't had problems against EK)
You can use Rearguard quiver.
You can use Incandescent Heart. (Only helpful against elemental spells)

<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Opinionated wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

All my last deaths were from spells, mostly - physical ones.

first

Evasion will do nothing against spells.

You can Enfeeble curse.
You can use endurance charges. (Only helpful against physical spells)
You can use Lightning Coil. (Probably why I haven't had problems against EK)
You can use Rearguard quiver.
You can use Incandescent Heart. (Only helpful against elemental spells)

Evasion doesnt help against spells, but spell dodge does.
Enfeeble doesnt have much effect on bosses (-70% effect lol), and strongboxes cant be cursed at all :).
Rearguard, in my opinion, isnt worth using. It provides little avoidance against spells, but requires to sacrifice life and a lot of DPS stats on quiver. My boots provide higher avoidance, 30% MS and life. And i feel i need reduction, not avoidance, as avoidance isnt reliable.
As for Insadescent Heart - LOL! I have 75% elemental resists and -60% chaos resist. Equipping that item will be suicidal move! It's also provides no evasion at all! I better get Belly of the Beast, as it provides nice life boost with no drawbacks. Or Kaom's Heart even.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Cleaned up formatting a bit.

Added a leveling passive tree.

Added changes to personal gear.
<3 Free Tibet <3
I think this will be the last time I bump the thread. Bookmark so you can find easily. As long as the build stays "recognizable" through the patches, I will be editing anything that needs changing. As always feel free to ask questions or praise <3.

Well, some of the criticism I have gotten is that the build does not have enough life. Here is my point of view:

Bow builds are not immortal.
My gear while typing this gives 3.5k hp. This was enough to survive a slam from Colonnade boss.
I have done double Piety in 77 map.
More life is never really a bad idea; but if you play smart, this build has enough to clear 99% of the content. The only thing I have not beaten is uber Atziri (likely will never even try sorry).

=

Fixed some typos
Improved readability
wrote a rant
<3 Free Tibet <3
Bumperino.
New gem added.
New unique chest added.
Finally got level 8 masters and made a new bow <3
<3 Free Tibet <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account: