[2.3 Pro]Datboishagg's Ball Lightning/Vortex Elementalist

Hi, loving the build. I'm using the pledge with life leach plus the atziri's belt and thinking of going for Vaal Pact..doesn't take that much points and i can grab Inner Force in the way.

Would it be worth it ? suggenstions or critiques?
Thanks

Edit : Also planning on using Kaom's Roots for saving some points and avoiding the nasty stuns
Last edited by Mujics on Sep 13, 2014, 9:21:28 AM
"
Mujics wrote:
Hi, loving the build. I'm using the pledge with life leach plus the atziri's belt and thinking of going for Vaal Pact..doesn't take that much points and i can grab Inner Force in the way.

Would it be worth it ? suggenstions or critiques?
Thanks

Edit : Also planning on using Kaom's Roots for saving some points and avoiding the nasty stuns

Glad you are enjoying the build =] . I've always seen vaal pact as a way out for a heavy hitting crit build, so they dont 1-shot themselves. I can't see it being extremely valuable over giving up other nodes, But you could take a look at the changes i've made yesterday regarding the use of dual cursing with warlords mark which gives an insane amount of life+mana leech which is absolutely perfect for this build, but trading those nodes plus maybe Elementalist+Athleticism section could get you into vaal pact, but that leaves out the mana leech from warlords, where self casting it might work also. But i plan to look into vaal pact if i ever get around to a crit+block version of my build, as i have never used the node before.

Edit: If you use warlords you can give up life leech gem for added lightning, use purity of lightning and you should be fine against reflect, it did lower my combined life pool but its ok since i can kill so much faster and still have great leech.
GG GGG
Last edited by datboishagg on Sep 13, 2014, 5:16:48 PM
Added triple curse gear
GG GGG
Hey nice build some intense gear though I am thinking of switching my crit based Ball lightning witch to something like this for more survivability and consistent dps output.

For someone who cant afford a 5l pledge, what should I do in the meantime?
"
Kevii wrote:
Hey nice build some intense gear though I am thinking of switching my crit based Ball lightning witch to something like this for more survivability and consistent dps output.

For someone who cant afford a 5l pledge, what should I do in the meantime?

warlords mark for leech, grab a 5L cloak of defiance and you should be set up pretty nicely, otherwise possibly drop faster casting (or increased aoe) for life leech so you can curse with conductivity.

moonsorrow is a good cheap wand, spell block items are really nice pre-pledge, rathpith can be expensive but it can be a good stepping stone for when your ready to sell it and grab a pledge. rainbowstride, stone of lazhwar are a good combo.

Assassination and Annihilation nodes are still really dps upgrades, u can shatter with herald of ice and the reflect shouldn't be too bad. Spiritual Guardian is really good with rathpith.
GG GGG
"
datboishagg wrote:
warlords mark for leech, grab a 5L cloak of defiance and you should be set up pretty nicely, otherwise possibly drop faster casting (or increased aoe) for life leech so you can curse with conductivity.

moonsorrow is a good cheap wand, spell block items are really nice pre-pledge, rathpith can be expensive but it can be a good stepping stone for when your ready to sell it and grab a pledge. rainbowstride, stone of lazhwar are a good combo.

Assassination and Annihilation nodes are still really dps upgrades, u can shatter with herald of ice and the reflect shouldn't be too bad. Spiritual Guardian is really good with rathpith.

I can prolly afford a 5L Cloak , and Im running BL - Echo - Lightning Pen - Faster Casting - Life Leech

I tried to do a 18% reflect map recently, and had to take out the spell echo since I was pwning myself lol.

Moonsorrow + Rathpith would be cool. I guess by looking at your old gear I can probably figure it out. My tree would probably look something like this :

Btw do you really need practical application? Just a thought
Last edited by Kevii on Sep 20, 2014, 1:41:11 PM
"
Kevii wrote:
"
datboishagg wrote:

I can prolly afford a 5L Cloak , and Im running BL - Echo - Lightning Pen - Faster Casting - Life Leech

I tried to do a 18% reflect map recently, and had to take out the spell echo since I was pwning myself lol.

Moonsorrow + Rathpith would be cool. I guess by looking at your old gear I can probably figure it out. My tree would probably look something like this :

Btw do you really need practical application? Just a thought

Passive tree looks legit!, i actually need practical application sorta for the dex node, and also i haven't tested not having it so i can't really say if its worth it or not. I would have to spec into a +30 dex node if i got out of it, so i would be trading it away for like 1 extra point and atm i dont see the value in giving it up.
GG GGG
I forgot about the dex needed for some gems lol!

Also, I been having a great time messing with the build; basically I just changed my gear and it lowered my dps (byebye crit) but I can definitely tank way more and feel safer doing maps.

Have you tried atziri ;) ?

I want to see if I can come up with a crit/block version; does block counter ele reflect? I've almost killed myself to reflect by random beyond packs spawning and chests
Sooo, how did you die? :^)
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
Kevii wrote:
I forgot about the dex needed for some gems lol!

Also, I been having a great time messing with the build; basically I just changed my gear and it lowered my dps (byebye crit) but I can definitely tank way more and feel safer doing maps.

Have you tried atziri ;) ?

I want to see if I can come up with a crit/block version; does block counter ele reflect? I've almost killed myself to reflect by random beyond packs spawning and chests

i have not tried atziri, she was never a goal for me since i prefer to map, but maybe i will test her out on the char since i rip'd lol. spell block does work against your own reflect, but im not sure how it works with ball lightning exactly. i did add a section about those exact situations about beyond mobs with reflect aura spawning over an area you are already going full blast into, basically topaz flask+ cloak of defiance should be enough as long as you have life leech gem.

"
ZoRoXo wrote:
Sooo, how did you die? :^)

i usually never party, my computer cant handle it, and of course my fps dropped in a full party 78 map with devourers and got completely surrounded. so i pretty much panicked and mis-played my lightning warp, tried to lightning warp over an obstacle so it didnt work, and potioned wrong, i should not have been in a party to begin with so that was my fault lol.
GG GGG
Last edited by datboishagg on Oct 1, 2014, 1:00:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info