[2.2 updated, sub 5 min lab run video] low life kinetic blast by ddddddddddddddddddddime

"
razzle wrote:
"
Firnefex wrote:
"
razzle wrote:
Hi, I messed up and chose this build thinking it would be a good end game build for a new player. I have since realized that I am not going to afford a 6L Shavronne's and crown of eyes.

I don't want to start all over though-- is there another more newb friendly build that can use almost the same passive tree? I'm level 54 atm so I have Ghost Reaver and am at Blood Magic (but havent' taken yet). I've followed the passive tree pretty closely-- is it a safe one to use for other builds as well?

Overread the line with ~Lvl90 required? If you see mirror service its always a really expensive endgame build.
At least you have to show us your tree and gear to help! How many Respec points and Orb of Regrets do you have?

Here it is:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAecNfA48DkgPqxGWFr8ZihqPJIsqCy2oNug6UkZpRnFKyFivWlJd8l8_X2pfsG1sbpduqm-ecFJw1XcHeA15aH_GgwmExYZghxOJ04_6m12btZykns2nMKiaqW6xkLQMtUi18rfWwBrBBMHFwzrKStDQ21nquuwY8pfynPPq9tr3vvsJ

I have about 10 respec poitns all combined

Puh, you could go for a Life based BM Spectral Throw crit build with high Regen and Leech, then you don't loose that much points.
Here a generic high Lvl Tree:
Spoiler
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABOygDlm49YEODCUZx4Ygdqm-enKSHE3cHykpfsJu1wzqExRmK-wn22hqPJIsPqxa_Ax4fQSaVYeJVS4w2bWy1SPPqKgtwUonTcNU2PeywjAu5fJ2qbIxirPKXm12omnvDSsiXBsSitz7-Cti9g8w8LYNfxq535Vfi7SCCmzKJOtgnL5BVGji-gOFzogDwH2jyr2wLYQxfHKdTpW6qtfI1klpSXfIGI2ae-tIXL4CkVdZk53IPWfN4DcAabzupblivNuiGYDpSDjzfv9tP4MMlvHlowQRfP1W1ns3ynG6X974=

First I removed ES in the middle and Ghost Reaver until Coldhearted Calculation. If you use Daggers, then save 2 points and grab Nightstalker. At Lust for Carnage I saved 1 point with another route, you don't need US with high HP pool.
hey dime,
what is your conclusion about the CWDT setup? Im using it now and I just feel more "safe". Also, I see your setupd, CWDT+IC+ID+VH, what do you about Enduring cry? Shouldnt we use it so that we get longer IC duration/more physical damage reduction?
"
Aerinqq wrote:
hey dime,
what is your conclusion about the CWDT setup? Im using it now and I just feel more "safe". Also, I see your setupd, CWDT+IC+ID+VH, what do you about Enduring cry? Shouldnt we use it so that we get longer IC duration/more physical damage reduction?

Enduring Cry cannot be triggered! If we want to have max Charges all the time (unsure when we need it) its necessary to be near the Mobs and stop attacking every few seconds.
So it can be more dangerous and we loose DPS. And what gem would you switch out for that?
Yeah enduring cry doesn't count as a spell anymore and we can't link it to cwdt anymore. I don't value it enough to manually cast it either.

Immortal Call is somewhat usefull but I think I will probably switch out to CWDT + enfeeble or some other curse. I watched my last phys ref map video and it's not like IC actually saves me from dying, the cooldown means it only triggers every 3 seconds and I don't have a problem surviving. I'm think in a regular playing situation, if something manages to hit me before I kill it, it's probably a pretty bad ass mob and enfeebling it is a good idea.

Maybe poachers mark to get some frenzy charges could be nice as well. It also gives some vry decent life on hit at higher levels which is nice too. Problem is I'm already bored of the game and hardly have the motivation to test all this shit lol.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
"
stzbttln wrote:
Problem is I'm already bored of the game and hardly have the motivation to test all this shit lol.

Lol, ok. If you no longer need it, can I get your gear? ;-)

Don't know if you have seen it, I made some calculations for you on page 20.
Last edited by Firnefex on Jul 19, 2015, 11:21:10 PM
What is the reasoning behind using Pierce?
i'm using power siphon with this, but struggling between pierce / faster attacks / chain these 3 for the last green gem slot on my shav. chain just lowered my damage by so much...ouch...but clear maps like dry lake very fast...faster attacks gives most deepz, pierce good at maps like aqueduct but if it fails to pierce. woots.

And why dont you take the Wandsliger clusters? but went further ahead for the power charge and spell damage per power charges nodes along with the jewel nodes? say you have 6 p.charges tht gives 24% dmg. But tht cluster alone gives like 46% dmg and 8 attack speed. hm?
"
i'm using power siphon with this, but struggling between pierce / faster attacks / chain these 3 for the last green gem slot on my shav. chain just lowered my damage by so much...ouch...but clear maps like dry lake very fast...faster attacks gives most deepz, pierce good at maps like aqueduct but if it fails to pierce. woots.

And why dont you take the Wandsliger clusters? but went further ahead for the power charge and spell damage per power charges nodes along with the jewel nodes? say you have 6 p.charges tht gives 24% dmg. But tht cluster alone gives like 46% dmg and 8 attack speed. hm?

I do use wandslinger, check my level 99 tree. The level 90 tree has less dps nodes, including throatseeker and wandslinger, because it focuses on getting as many jewels along with power charges and blood magic, etc.

You can use power siphon all you want, but it's a fact that it clears slower than kinetic blast. With KB you will 1 shot large packs no matter how many mobs are in it, while with PS you are limited to the number of projectiles you fire, so you have to fire more than once, wasting time. It also costs a lot more life/mana per cast because of chain, and single target dps is abysmal and requires barrage, can't just spam in a frost wall.

@Detroilen: KB along with pierce makes it so everytime a projectile pierces a mob, it will trigger an explosion.

@Firfenex: Thanks for all those calculations, though I am not certain how applicable they are to real playing. I use a legacy rumi to give me 65% block chance, along with topaz flask or granite flask depending on the reflect map, altering my defenses. You have to factor in block in all of this, can't just calculate how many mobs I have to hit to kill myself because that really never happens. Pretty much every time I block I go back to full health, and I would even say that I go back to full life sometimes without even blocking.

I cleared a double reflect map with elemental weakness and died twice, somewhat randomly too. Had it not had elemental weakness, I could have used purity of lightning instead of herald of thunder to increase my max lightning resist and most definitely survive it. I'll try again soon.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
thing is i dun have a gg wand, if i replace siphon with kb and ics with pcoc, my crit rate will be sitting at 73% instead of 87% ...if its worth the exchange then i will go for it...i dun have gee gee wand =(
u really ran a double reflect map + weakness without slotting purity of elements? Oo
how much overcapped r u at all?
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info