[2.2 updated, sub 5 min lab run video] low life kinetic blast by ddddddddddddddddddddime

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

sub 5 min labyrinth run : https://youtu.be/o1WqhVeFkl4

principles behind this build
-Get a shavs,
-run as many auras as you can while picking up aura nodes on the tree.
-Use crown of eyes and stack spell damage (because it increases both elemental damage and physical damage at once).
-Aim for around 4 attacks per second, ideally a bit more.
-Try to cap crit chance at 95% using ice golem and power charges.
-If you dont have skyforth, use pcoc gem and a GGRRBB shavs
-Get vaal pact or acuity for instant leech and reflect safety
-You can easily dual curse with this build and herald of ice + curse on hit. I recommend poacher's mark for the frenzy charges and big accuracy boost and assassins mark for obvious reasons.
-On jewels, aim for "attack speed with wands", "spell damage while holding a shield", "damage, proj damage, spell damage", "crit multi"
-For enchants, aim for the 2 KB enchants and on the boots aim for leech.

Gear setup for running labyrinth:

Stats are 300k gmp dps with life leech gem, 8K ES. You can easily swap dps for more ES or vice versa, but aiming for 8K ES is a good idea.

Also, if you want to mirror any of these items, please head to my mirror service thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804/page/1[/b]

Will be updating this further soon.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
Last edited by stzbttln on Mar 14, 2016, 5:53:44 PM
Last bumped on Jul 9, 2016, 4:15:37 PM
"
stzbttln wrote:
You will not have reflect problems, as long as you use lioneye's paws and have a surgeon's jade flask of reflexes and use life leech gem instead of WED for double reflect (to be safe I always use life leech on any reflect map). This is a big difference from fyndel's build where he uses rainbowstrides and unwavering stance. He cannot handle reflect and as a result recommends using chaos damage rings instead of foe eye. My personal preference is to stick with foe eye and use lioneye's paws to be able to evade reflected damage.

I want to make it clear that this isn't a diss to his rings, they are very well rolled, it is just that we both have different solutions to the same problem : reflect. I choose to be able to evade and keep using the top dps rings in the game, while he prefers the rainbowstrides and using chaos damage which can't be reflected.

I understand that dropping unwavering stance means that you can evade attack damage, but here's why I don't think this is a good solution:

1) You only spec into three evasion nodes, don't stack a particularly large amount of dexterity, and don't grab Ondar's Guile. This leads me to believe that you don't have a high amount of evasion. Do you mind telling me how much evasion you have (not the % chance to evade but the net amount of evasion)?

Keep in mind that the probability of evading reflected damage is dependent on your accuracy. I assume you have >90% accuracy, in which case the amount of evasion you have is considerably less effective for reflected damage than damage from other sources. All of this leads me to believe that evasion is an extremely unreliable method to counter reflected attack damage for this build.

You should probably calculate the odds of evading reflected physical damage based on your evasion and accuracy rating to check for yourself, though.

Formula
chance to hit = attacker_accuracy / ( attacker_accuracy + ((defender_evasion/4)^0.8))

2) You can only evade reflected attack damage so evasion provides zero benefit for reflected elemental damage, which is a substantial part of your build. I don't see how enabling yourself to evade attack damage makes it okay to use flat lightning damage on your ring rather than flat chaos damage since evasion won't help avoid reflected lightning damage.

3) You drop 40% to 50% movement speed (depending on whether the alternative boots are rainbowstrides or rare boots) since Lioneye's Paws have a net -20% movement speed on low-life.
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Bhai on Aug 26, 2014, 2:36:06 PM
"
Bhaisabh wrote:
2) You can only evade reflected attack damage so evasion provides zero benefit for reflected elemental damage, which is a substantial part of your build. I don't see how enabling yourself to evade attack damage makes it okay to use flat lightning damage on your ring rather than flat chaos damage since evasion won't help avoid reflected lightning damage

You are wrong. Elemental damage is attack damage and can be evaded.
Attack damage = damage from gems with "attack" keyword. Spell damage = damage from gems with "spell" keyword.
Thanks for posting, I'll reply to your questions in the same order you asked them.

1) I currently have 87% chance to hit with a taming ring, with another foe eye i will most likely be at 89% or 90%. I do have low evasion, but I always use a suregeon's jade flask of reflexes (with a bad roll too) which puts me at 49% chance to evade.

Similar to how fyndel relies on his rumi's concoction flask to survive reflect, I use a jade flask, but rumi's doesn't have surgeon's mod and block is chance based, while evasion is entropy based. When I can afford to die, I will try running a double reflect map without my jade flask and see what happens.

With the taming, I'm currently at 108.6K gmp dps and I can survive double reflect maps easily when using life leech gem instead of WED. I don't need to swap life leech for phys reflect map, and for elemental reflect I always do, to be safe. Once I get my other foe eye, I expect to be at around 125k gmp dps, we will see how I handle double reflect then. Currently, I don't drop under 1/3 of my 7.3k ES pool.

2) That is incorrect. Elemental damage =/= spell damage. You can evade elemental damage attacks, which is what this build deals. Spell damage cannot be evaded, but this is not what this build uses. At least this is my understanding and if this isn't how the game works, well I would have died a billion more times. I'm pretty sure this is how it works, however I could be wrong. In any case, I can survive double reflect so...

3) Movement speed for this build is irrelevant, because you use whirling blades linked with faster attacks. I have played with many other low life spectral throw players wearing rainbowstrides, the difference is not noticeable at all. I prefer being able to handle reflect and double reflect over a bit of movement speed which I won't even notice. Lioneye's paws also provide a ton of dexterity and strength, which makes me save 2 passive points spent in dexterity. They also have 12-24 fire dmg which is nice.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
Last edited by stzbttln on Aug 26, 2014, 3:18:22 PM
Thanks for clearing up my mistake/lack of understanding for elemental damage.

"
stzbttln wrote:
1) I currently have 87% chance to hit with a taming ring, with another foe eye i will most likely be at 89% or 90%. I do have low evasion, but I always use a suregeon's jade flask of reflexes (with a bad roll too) which puts me at 49% chance to evade.

Similar to how fyndel relies on his rumi's concoction flask to survive reflect, I use a jade flask, but rumi's doesn't have surgeon's mod and block is chance based, while evasion is entropy based. When I can afford to die, I will try running a double reflect map without my jade flask and see what happens.

The reason I asked you for your evasion rating and not your % chance to evade is because of this:

"
GGG_Neon wrote:
When you are viewing your character stat sheet you are provided with an estimated chance to evade (you here have stated 60%), this is an estimated value of evasion when monsters are hitting you, but as this is not the same circumstance that occurs when reflecting damage to yourself, this value is inaccurate in this case.

Your % chance to evade is solely your % chance to evade damage from shitty monsters. Presumably, your accuracy rating is much higher than these shitty monsters. As a result, your % chance to evade your own reflected damage is much lower than what your tooltip indicates.

If you give me your net evasion rating (with Jade Flask) and accuracy rating, I would be more than happy to calculate your odds of evading reflected attack damage.

My evasion with this trash-rolled flask is 8100. It's possible that I could drop it entirely and not notice a thing, or maybe use atziri's flask or rumi's concoction and it could be better. I'd have to test, but as it stands right now, I can still handle double reflect without losing 1/3rd of my ES.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
"
stzbttln wrote:
My evasion with this trash-rolled flask is 8100. It's possible that I could drop it entirely and not notice a thing, or maybe use atziri's flask or rumi's concoction and it could be better. I'd have to test, but as it stands right now, I can still handle double reflect without losing 1/3rd of my ES.

I still don't know your accuracy rating. Assuming you're striving for 90% accuracy in a L78 map, I used an accuracy rating of 2357 (to put this into perspective, L78 monsters have an accuracy rating of 562.0 lol).

Chance for Reflected Damage to Hit = 2357/(2357+((8100/4)^0.8)) = 85% chance to hit

So you have a 15% chance to evade your own reflected damage.

I think you having only one Foe Eye has more to do with you surviving double reflect than evasion does.

Last edited by Bhai on Aug 26, 2014, 4:07:04 PM
"
Bhaisabh wrote:
"
stzbttln wrote:

I still don't know your accuracy rating. Assuming you're striving for 90% accuracy in a L78 map, I used an accuracy rating of 2357 (to put this into perspective, L78 monsters have an accuracy rating of 562.0 lol).

Chance for Reflected Damage to Hit = 2357/(2357+((8100/4)^0.8)) = 85% chance to hit

So you have a 15% chance to evade your own reflected damage.

I think you having only one Foe Eye has more to do with you surviving double reflect than evasion does.

I guess my evasion flask is pretty useless then. The taming does add quite a bit of actual dps though, it has 30 WED and 30% increased damage against mobs that I hit, so the actual elemental damage difference between taming and foe eye isn't that big. The accuracy part is, though. I'll have to see when I get the other foe eye what happens. I don't think it'll be enough to make me 1 shot my self on reflect, if it is, I'll switch to rumi's concoction.

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
He use GMP, so it lower the dps and reflect. The dps are mostly because attack speed.

Thing is if he can evade a little he can refill a lot. Whereas when he cant evade anything he will always drop the ES.

I think it dont matter if he cant evade a lot, just if he can, because when he can, he refill.

Just my 2 cents.
"
swib wrote:
He use GMP, so it lower the dps and reflect. The dps are mostly because attack speed.

Thing is if he can evade a little he can refill a lot. Whereas when he cant evade anything he will always drop the ES.

I think it dont matter if he cant evade a lot, just if he can, because when he can, he refill.

Just my 2 cents.

True. There is a big difference between never evading damage at all, and evading it some of the time. With the amount of projectiles and attacks that I shoot, if I can evade even 10% of it ti'll be a difference.

In other news, finished my belt and divined the spell crit version of the shield (I know Bhai was a little interested in the shield)

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
Last edited by stzbttln on Aug 26, 2014, 5:50:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info