an idea

"
DanParts wrote:
"
"
DanParts wrote:
None of the keys are being wasted. Almost every key distributed is being used. You're just claiming that every key that isn't given to you is a waste. That's bullshit.

i asked for no flames, and could u plz first check those accounts for activity>>> after getting beta key? than if u still thinking they are being used in way they should be its fine for me:)

if GGG wants new member inside beta every 25mins, and gets like 1/2 or even 1/3 from that its something wrong dont u think?
...but if u r right, and im wrong its ok by me, just want to check it... i think im not bothering any1 and you?

btw i just want to get some sort of result after lets say 3 days, to not have to much to check every log in/ day.
You've missed the point. Your ability to find 3 accounts that are inactive out of the ~1700 keys that the timer gives away each month( don't forget all the friend keys get distributed ) does not equate to a trend where only a minority portion of the keys are activated.

Your solution to this vastly overblown problem is to not give anybody who doesn't waste their time talking to other people about how they aren't in the beta a key. It's bullshit.

so if u r talking to me so why u r wasting ur time? just dont bother, go play beta, leave it:)
and not 3 out of 1700, ill check as many as i can get in 3days. so if i was able (not spending to much time on forum) to get 4 in 2hours= ???
just dont bother to waste time on responding to this keep doing ur important stuff u got there good luck:)
DanParts is trying to logically explain why tracking beta accounts is a vain effort. Simply identifying 10-20 inactive accounts that were just selected by the timer isn't evidence of anything.

To do this correctly, you would have to do the following:
-Identify as many beta accounts as possible. Given the thousands of beta accounts, you would need a large sample to get anything close to accurate (meaning hundreds, if not a thousand accounts).
-Log when the account was given beta access.
-Track each account on a regular schedule to see if it has logged in since gaining beta access.
-Keep track of trends for all this data.

You also have to consider that some people may be away from home for lengths of time, and allow a buffer before declaring an account "inactive."

Overall, it's a vain effort that will garner no useful results. So what if you find 25 beta accounts that are inactive? That just means you now have a better chance of being selected by the timer. It's not logical to request that GGG delete the accounts, or remove their beta access (that would actually lower your chances).
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info