1.2.0 Patch Notes - Forsaken Masters

This is not a patch, not an extension worth 30$ like s.o. said couple of pages back...

-The so called "masters" are boring as fuck, missions way too easy, no added value (for me)
-Hideout is okay, nothing special here, still cool idea
-Nerfs all over - only answer GGG obviously knows
-"supporter packs" at exorbitant prices, it's up to you to buy ofc, anyways extremely expesive (500$, former 1500$ for the most expensive one)
-chickens... sigh
-destroyed SC economy
-no trading system ("trade chat" or poe xy is embarassing imo). New trade system had been promised since more than a year - still nothing happened.
-no new endgame content, 1x79 map, 2x 78 maps, 2x77 maps, atziri - that's it. In order to level up you have to run those maps hundreds of times - exciting!
-drop rate ridiculous, If you're out of maps you have to pay....
-desync will never be fixed

People "hyping" this should put their rose coloured glasses off...

I'm saying this as a person playing since beta donated over 500$ in sum so far, but I don't see any major improvements since beta.

If GGG has only graphic designers and no coders, why do we donate then anyway?

IGN Soultakerr
"
Kanata wrote:
The patch is a huge nerf for me. I have less life, less ES, and notably, the 16% Chaos resist is gone. Basically, I feel that a hybrid Life/ES (what I used to play) has become impossible. It's now much harder to fork out of the Witch tree quickly, because you need more passives to gain the same amount of Life/ES as before. I feel like I'm being pushed to go for CI, which is harder because of the nerf of ES on armor. I also have less damage but ok, that's not my main issue. My survivability dropped by a lot. On top of that, they made the monsters in higher level maps tougher, so where I was able to do level 78 maps before, I now die all the time in lvl 73 maps.

Basically GGG is forcing us to move to proven strong builds, like all the MF'ers are doing. No more casual play like before. Pick a build, stick to it. It's not the game I came to love any more. Instead of just upgrading a few nodes in the previously useless Witch tree, they reworked it, forcing people to almost stay in it, and making it expensive to branch out. Really, who has the passive points to actually get Whispers of Doom or Pain Attunement, Minion Instability, WHEN IT'S NOT PART OF YOUR CORE BUILD?? Where's the fun? Being forced into a build has made it all so serious.

Just my 2 cents.

"
This is not a patch, not an extension worth 30$ like s.o. said couple of pages back...

-The so called "masters" are boring as fuck, missions way too easy, no added value (for me)
-Hideout is okay, nothing special here, still cool idea
-Nerfs all over - only answer GGG obviously knows
-"supporter packs" at exorbitant prices, it's up to you to buy ofc, anyways extremely expesive (500$, former 1500$ for the most expensive one)
-chickens... sigh
-destroyed SC economy
-no trading system ("trade chat" or poe xy is embarassing imo). New trade system had been promised since more than a year - still nothing happened.
-no new endgame content, 1x79 map, 2x 78 maps, 2x77 maps, atziri - that's it. In order to level up you have to run those maps hundreds of times - exciting!
-drop rate ridiculous, If you're out of maps you have to pay....
-desync will never be fixed

People "hyping" this should put their rose coloured glasses off...

I'm saying this as a person playing since beta donated over 500$ in sum so far, but I don't see any major improvements since beta.

If GGG has only graphic designers and no coders, why do we donate then anyway?

Omg , i cant believe you guys actually read my mind . I too , felt the nerfs are making the game worst .... and i believe GGG wont even lift a bloody finger to address all these issues . Well , i loath myself the day i started spending money to "support" them .
Congratulations, you have made the game even worse than it already was. You people saying "good patch" are idiots. The game was already hard, now it's even harder. GGG are you TRYING to make people leave? Well, it's working. I've not played for months because:

1. There's no REAL new content, just little adjustments that add nothing of interest. So, the grind is still boring.

2. The game was already insanely hard, so not only have you guys nerfed the characters, you've then actually made the mobs HARDER on top of that.

3. The economy is still screwed, trading broken, and builds and end game content restricted because the gear you need to do it is virtually impossible to get or you have to grind currency for years to afford it.

In conclusion, I have even less reason to come back to this game and support it. It is even more broken now, and if they are happy with ruining their game and everyone leaving it, then so be it. It was a great game that could have been even better, but instead, sadly, it's been ruined. All you noobs have fun finding out how shitty this game is when you are higher level. And if you're a veteran that still plays then you are a loser with no life because no self-respecting person would continue to play this grindfest with no new additions or rewards.

Nobody with any kind of semblance of a life would continue to play this boring piece of garbage. If you find it fun still, then I don't know what to say except you are insane and I can't imagine the type of mind that would continue to find this chore of a game entertaining or rewarding - you must have some kind of mental illness. I'd rather eat glass in a hornet's nest wrapped in poison ivy with barbed wire shoved up my ass.
Hm. Looks like GGG made the game more "hardcore"?
So maybe i won't try the new expansion as soon as i thought. I don't have the time to invest in research about what i want to play and then figuring out that you have to play build XYZ to be able to enjoy the game. No thank you.
Hope they can life of from hardcore gamers.
PoE was once a great idea that seems to fly away in the clouds.
"
Garrotte wrote:
"
Viper Strike: This skill now adds 10% of physical damage as Chaos Damage and has a 50% chance to deal 175% of the attack's damage as chaos damage over seven seconds.

my skills gem says it's only 25%, can anyone maybe clarify?

20% not the 175% i mean

25% of damage every second for 'over seven seconds'. 25 * 7 = 175% delivered.

My CI claw shadow build became stronger - more damage, more mana (despite the fact aura reserve has been nerfed), more ES :)
GGG, please provide me with a free Divine orb for my Chin Sol ! :)

wow i feel silly for not noticing that myself lol. thank you so much for clarifying!
"
masonikraft wrote:
Congratulations, you have made the game even worse than it already was. You people saying "good patch" are idiots. The game was already hard, now it's even harder. GGG are you TRYING to make people leave? Well, it's working. I've not played for months because:

1. There's no REAL new content, just little adjustments that add nothing of interest. So, the grind is still boring.

2. The game was already insanely hard, so not only have you guys nerfed the characters, you've then actually made the mobs HARDER on top of that.

3. The economy is still screwed, trading broken, and builds and end game content restricted because the gear you need to do it is virtually impossible to get or you have to grind currency for years to afford it.

In conclusion, I have even less reason to come back to this game and support it. It is even more broken now, and if they are happy with ruining their game and everyone leaving it, then so be it. It was a great game that could have been even better, but instead, sadly, it's been ruined. All you noobs have fun finding out how shitty this game is when you are higher level. And if you're a veteran that still plays then you are a loser with no life because no self-respecting person would continue to play this grindfest with no new additions or rewards.

Nobody with any kind of semblance of a life would continue to play this boring piece of garbage. If you find it fun still, then I don't know what to say except you are insane and I can't imagine the type of mind that would continue to find this chore of a game entertaining or rewarding - you must have some kind of mental illness. I'd rather eat glass in a hornet's nest wrapped in poison ivy with barbed wire shoved up my ass.
+1
For those who don't like the new adjustments - the developers can upload the old patch on the website- and those who prefer can go back to previous version and play with the previous patch instead - hopefully it can be done in practice.
What they should have done, is making extremely useful passives for strong builds more expensive. For example, CI, EB nodes should be worth like 3 or 4 passive skill points. This would make it more difficult to move to specific builds, and would make people play more hybrid and varied builds. Instead, they just made everything more expensive which makes is impossible to get to the fun nodes to play around with your build, UNLESS YOU FOLLOW A SPECIFIC BUILD.

Everybody is just going for survivability and resists. I have no passive points for a balanced build. I need mana because of expensive Aura's. I need life, ES. I need damage nodes etc etc. There's no way I could have it all if I don't do something specific.

I think one of the reasons GGG did it this way is because they're going to add passives as rewards in Act 4, but it totally sucks until Act 4 comes out.

So yes, nicely disguised, but a huge nerf.

I do think the masters are a fun addition, but I haven't met any after ~3 hours of play :-/
Dunno for other build. my Detonate dead full block (faming uber few days before patch easy) iw ruined 100%. so i rlly dont see how some1 can paly detonate dead anymore. In 6l armour u cant sustain amna. i linked also mana leech but no way. and dps is with all dps nodes (i did nto have that ele and fire nodes before) so week so i cant even run normal atziri. Obv ur goal is to ruin our months of play...in just one patch all that i made in last year is ruined.. rlly shame for u guys. And yes i have currency to make new build but im rlly sick of u, every single patch u just destory some builds so only way is to make new one or just to quit the game...
Im rlly sick of changing my builds every single patch so i will probbly donate my exalts and stop to play since u doin same shiti mistakes lik wow designers (this is reason why all old players stop to play wow) same shit u will do here..GG for u one more time
[‡RTN‡] Remember The Name (Thread #1196726) - Leader
Playing OMGwtfwasthat lvl99/ Detonate dead - (Thread #991083)
OMG's Marketplace - (Thread #708436)
Last edited by doktorhit on Aug 22, 2014, 8:07:48 PM
Forsaken Nerfs is way more fun than SotV.
Thanks GGG. 😠

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info