FoxTactic's - [1.2] Pledge Of Arc 26k dps Updated: 2014-09-08

"
MuFeR wrote:
Are you still planing to take Oak for normal difficulty bandit after the nerf to %hp?

Probably yes, Life looks better in my eyes than the mana or the flat res if you know you can max that out later on.
"
patlefort3 wrote:
I'm thinking of doing something like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CCEAelAuNJsiycBUJBlq6z0PVMsy0fUDAEB5Ug216D2x8CaxfB81XGNsW86oIeoqM6WNgkwFTbC3_GD8SnCGpDCPQc3CepflkRli-dO3za3Z2ukyctRw5IBx4W87jKGmzviLQMUEJjQ13ylS4mPBZv5CL5N0ZxjDZw1fDVJKopT45k18-DCVVLidOP-klRNumFfew496ZJsW-eYeJwUuv142r60lfiGji2-pyk8bMmlcMJFy8yiaeEhxNLVxa_uZNk5wSzkFV3B8Dj8h1V1hRN8B8CcYCkogDfig==

I would also use pledge of hands and probably cloak of defiance. It would be crit based and I would use arc -> empower/life leech -> lightning pen -> pcoc -> critical damage -> faster casting.

Yeh i wanted to stick with curse on hit arc though due to the 0% mana cost for the curses applied, it will make arc cost basicly nothing and leave a lot of mana for cloak of defiance.
"
FoxTactics wrote:
"
xiltex wrote:
will this be viable with shadow?

I might stay out of the shadow tree totally, so i can't garauntee that.

just downloaded the new tree, yea i can tell why it won't be viable. too bad tho, cause my last one was the rf version with shadow class. i guess its time to reroll a new witch :P
Will you still be using the totem?
We were using the totem in the old build for shock stacks. Since shock doesn't stack anymore i don't see then point in using an arc totem.
Hey man, I know you are still writing the guide and there is going to be more information soon but there are a few concerns I have about what you've shown and maybe you could include a few points in a Q/A section when the guide is finished.

1. Reflect, there are a few easy ways to deal with this through spellblocking for example. You are going to use a Pledge which makes this more difficult. My inclination would be to lose the aura nodes for purity of lightning and get 40%+ spellblock going with less investment in points. Solving reflect will get more obvious as the build is used soon but right now it is unknown to me.

2. 150% life bonus is a fair amount, when you add in CoD, Pledge staff and maybe a Doryani's Invitation you may wind up with very low life pool of 3500+/-. I understand you have a mana pool backing it up but DoT's will wreck this instantly. On the bright side there are many nodes nearby, Blood Siphon and Cruel Preperation are good clusters but that's around 115 points in.

3. I can't help but think that those flask nodes above the Witch would help this build a lot. A Rumi's Concoction would give 52/26 block for 5 seconds, 64% with a pledge and capping with a shield. Rainbowstride would put you at 42% spellblock at the cost of life, ~46% with a shield. Resistance flasks are really nice too. The nodes aren't necessary but they provide some decent mitigation for builds which rely on a large HP buffer, which is all that Cloak of Defiance is - an extension of your lifepool.

Of course, you've probably been harassed enough about the shadow area. After all, it's preference and you needed the points for auras. Fair enough.

I'll be rethinking the idea of dual curse on hit for a while, I'll most likely come back with a tree of just branch off and do my own thing. +1 Curses corruption would help a lot with saving points, this makes me lean towards using a Stone of Lazhwar since they are easier to corrupt than rare amulets. Thanks anyway man, gl.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Aug 20, 2014, 2:41:33 PM
"
FoxTactics wrote:
"
MuFeR wrote:
Are you still planing to take Oak for normal difficulty bandit after the nerf to %hp?

Probably yes, Life looks better in my eyes than the mana or the flat res if you know you can max that out later on.

Ye obviously res and mana are still terible choices but maybe the skill point isn't anymore, I don't know I just hear everyone saying that oak is terrible now on normal and the passive point will become the "standard" choice.
So i have been playing around the tree trying to find a good way to make a good crit build. So i made this build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CCEAelAuNJsiycEFgreAVCdhEfx0GWLYuus9D1bRlMswj0UDAEB8BU217r5IPbakO86hEPXypVxmsXfq86WJUgjRnB8-ASgh6io9lff8YPxN2MHNwRli-dO3yTJw5IBx4W87jKtAzjhGNDXfKVLiY86rpGcTY9cNV-M_DVDXyDCZ2qidOkkY_6SVFXyW-eYqxsjHBSE57r9Sj6nKTxs4w2ZJ3r7oLHhxNLV3OzVUvyHZrg-egMfXcHwOPwa2HiRZ1BhxB_FecmlVNStz7GnpeXFr_-CkV88kXYvTrhplc=

I after some experimentation, i found out that going for the shadow and templar side is way too expensive. So i had to drop one of the side. The templar side only 50% crit chance and 30% crit multiplier. So thats why i don't use that side.

With the extra point i was able to get the scion life wheel and pretty much all the important node from the shadow and witch side.

what do you guys think about it?
Hey Fox, first i got to say that i love ur build, its both tanky and offer good clear speed, and even have an end-game twist whitch is really nice

I've benn comparing the 2 trees, 1.1.5 and 1.2 and i've notice that you took way less damage node with the new tree and a bit more life nodes (scion wheel), how do you think its gonna impact the clear speed, do you think the dual curse will make up for taht lost ?

Thanks
Hmmm dont know what to say...I assume this is the "standard build" analogous to your dual wand COD build of last season not RF or super tanky since you mention CoD and not LC.

Should be superior DPS probably with dual curse but then dead is no DPS. I'm still holding out for the Atziri and uber capable verison....

Here's tree i'm gonna test today with the old RF/LC/Flamesurge gear
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMASbIC4welghDfsCyc34pqQ8BUCPRrF7zq2wuCHsHzlSB_xqKjwcUvb9kTcLvsGIMJRnG0DJMnHNxh4lVLjDZQQi1HD6sWvyaVm7VTNRqP9tr7CRmKV8kNfOq6KPpTUkWdmuDr7saeEH8MfYLH2L3-Crc-QYf56FOlDF8cp8auhxlsFvxLJ-3E9jwtrKpmnsAaWfNV1mTnFy_60oCkGjinhJBVFm8kqjbp42rhiB2qTLMtH2r6DlxFfmeb5FH7qqC08wZfPy7_og-8n-8OJy_jn64-d-Ous0GWBULQ9RXn8Gtzs0V8l5c=

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 20, 2014, 4:49:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info