Conversion trap fixed for 1.2

Great job. Ranged chars have too many ways to escape so nerfing and removing the best ones was a must. Now we only have to remove quiksilver flasks, at least from pvp. Running is for pussies. Real men stand still.
S1 Europe LLD champion :)

hey now I wont feel guilty if I use conversion trap vs Johnny :)
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Whats rly weird now that i think about it is that it specifically says conversion changes for "1v1" and "3v3". What about 2v2? 4v4+? CTF?

Wording is weird no?
IGN: @GreenDude
"
SirEdwards wrote:
Great job. Ranged chars have too many ways to escape so nerfing and removing the best ones was a must. Now we only have to remove quiksilver flasks, at least from pvp. Running is for pussies. Real men stand still.

lol exactly. That sounds like the dominant thinking.
IGN: _Firebitch
Bow movement skill or riot! It's time! Vault or Disengage Rhys!
Last edited by Lordsidro on Aug 19, 2014, 12:56:55 PM
Luckily, the new shadow MacGyver build will have indestructible traps, smoke mines, and acrobatics so running away should actually be a less of a problem. It's a shame that every other ranged build loses conversion trap for disengaging, but there won't be a reason to play any other ranged build so whatever.
Path of shadows :) in LLD atleast
"
SirEdwards wrote:

Bow-users have access to the same defenses as melee except for block. This is partially made up by their range. The problem is how quickly melee can close the distance and nullify the range advantage with whirling blades or flicker strike.

I still think that the changes are good because there is little to no counterplay for melee users against smoke mines and conversion trap. This was clearly evident by some of the drawn-out games and draws in the LLD tournament. Smoke mines is still really fucking strong for mobility and defense (50% reduction in chance to hit is still massiv, especially when you stack it with high EV and enfeeble). Conversion trap still retains a niche use against totems, spirits, etc.

What bow users really need is some mobility skill. It should probably be kinda bad compared to whirling blades (either slower or have a longer cool down.. Maybe based on frenzy charges) so they can't just kite 4 dayz. But anything better than running away with quicksilver flasks would help prevent getting bull-rushed/stunlocked by every melee class.

I think Tommie suggested that molten shell should get knockback on trigger (with nerfed damage). I think that would also help but obviously not for LLD :(
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

"
Bhaisabh wrote:

I think Tommie suggested that molten shell should get knockback on trigger (with nerfed damage). I think that would also help but obviously not for LLD :(

Yeah, I did and I hope it sometimes happens as right now the damage is too insane, can do everywhere from 50% ph my hp at min to 100% of my life pool, and I've got overcapped 78fire res with 9k hp :/
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
andkamen wrote:
hey now I wont feel guilty if I use conversion trap vs Johnny :)

Yeah finally I can counter conv trap my minions without accidentally catching the opponent 50% of the time like vs greendude in the tourney :^)
Last edited by Johnny_Annihilation on Aug 19, 2014, 2:43:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info