[WIP] Main Hand + Ungil's Gauche [HC/Beyond] High Critical Strikes, Block, Spell Block

Doing a similar build but with acro.

So rather than moving over to the west side of the tree I go up into the shadow area for the crit and DW cluster.

This is my planned tree. I crafted a ~80% IPD sceptre at lvl 28 (yellow rustic ash, weaponsmith stone, white item = magic item with IPD), put Ungil's in the off hand and am blowing things up. Once I get Vagan to level 3, I will also craft some flat phys onto it and my damage should go up.

I might have to spec out of some of the crit stuff and go for mana reserve things if I want to run Grace but I'll see how it goes. Block and acro might be enough.

GH is pretty mana intensive though. Are you managing fine without BM? I haven't got Revelry yet but I guess that along with Mind Drinker should work for me.
Last edited by helgi on Aug 26, 2014, 7:56:21 AM
Ah, cool. Originally I wanted to an Acrobatics version but it just took up way too many points to compare to the tree route that goes into the strength area. If you compare the numbers between your build and mine it should be pretty apparent.

The skill is indeed very mana intensive, so basically you need to make up for it with the combination of a good weapon and enough mana leech. I think I may have the best melee sceptre in Beyond right now (at leats it was the best on poe.xyz.is for awhile) and with 2% mana leech on gear it is doing fine.

At the moment I am level 72 and this is my current tree. This is my gear:

Things are going great. I just started taking critical strike nodes so my damage has been skyrocketing. By around level 80 I should have them all and be at around 50% total critical strike chance with my current sceptre. From there I want to start filling out the rest of my defense and life nodes. The character has proven to be super tanky with great damage so I am definitely satisfied. I'll update the original post soon.
same name in-game
Looks good!

I'm going to give Mind Drinker+Revelry a try and see if it's enough to sustain it. People are talking about Revelry support Dual Strike splash builds just fine so it should work.
Got a Stone of Lazhwar from Cruel spider thingy in Sins. Booyah, self found except for the Ungil's I bought for a chaos so far. A couple of questions.

Which base scepter have you been going for? Was wondering if the 20% elemental on some of the scepters might be worth it over the added attack speed or phys damage.

Have you thought about using Hrimsorrow gloves? More cold damage should amount to longer freezes but as I haven't got a multistrike yet, I'm not sure I really need it. I did get the gloves to drop though, so I'm running them for now.

Absolutely loving this build though (or my take on it :))
Last edited by helgi on Aug 28, 2014, 9:12:16 AM
"
helgi wrote:
bla bla

here is the site u can check
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mace

for crit and high dps, i think vaal sceptre is best choice :)
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
It's funny that, with the same tree, you could go crit infernal blow and herald of ash for thematic reasons xD

If one is better then the other I don't really know haha
Bump
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
I'll update the thread soon for those following it. I'm currently playing a different build but this one certainly has a ton of potential. I'll rewrite the first post to help anyone who simply wants a highly optimized Ungil's Gauche offhand build, using a main hand-only or non-dagger skill.
same name in-game
I have been leveling this build with slight variation. My main attack is GH+Multistrike+Ele Prof, works fine in Beyond. Started attaching Faster Attacks but going oom often. If I can get RRRB maybe I will put sth else. MPD or WED?

this is my current tree:
[spoiler]http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABFSAY2yftKk0s6TBUNZI8LT0-Pyc_m0rIVvpZ81uvZ5tuqnKpdPF313fjfr1_K4LkhTKKr5ARkFWSfZf-mG-sqq4-tfK3Pr68wBrE9sau1orYvdwj3Q3kUeXP6hj3MvzF_go=[/spoiler]

I am at a point whether to stay with Ungils or pick a shield.

Going with DW will get me extra 125% crit chance, and 74% block chance. 75points.
tree:

Going shield, I can get 45% block for 76 points, with +22 all resist and tons of defense bonus from shield. depends on the shield, I may not have to take all block nodes. shield also can provide high resists and HP, the problem is finding a good one, and in Beyond, maybe difficult. I play on Garena.
tree:

what do you think? shall I stick with DW or switch to shield?

that aside, I am also tempted to go Sword with another 110% crit chance. unfortunately sword only get 5% base crit, though can be boosted by mod. but have to find another skills.

as for curse I am using frostbite, put on leap slam curse on hit.

can you outline the pro/con of going dw and shield? and between mark and frostbite?

also if I add Herald of Ash (with GH) would it take 15% from 100% physical or after converted 50% of it to Cold?

what about increase AOE? will it help with Prof. and HoI explosion radius?
Last edited by draygourn on Sep 15, 2014, 5:12:09 PM
oh damn, just read that ele prof dont work with shatter. anyway, works great as long as the enemies alive .

btw I went with dw route. might change to shield much much later if I get a really good shield worth re-speccing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info