[1.3.x] COC EK + Arc + Ball Lightning Build

I've played POE since it was released last year, and fall in love with the cool effect of COC builds.

Recently I tried a new gem setup, and the result is pretty cool.

I didn't expect that I'll get a lot of players' mail asking details of the build after I post the video on a gaming forum in Taiwan.

Since the version I post on the forum is Chinese version, so I translated it to English version and shared below :)

The video was recorded in Merciless - The Lunaris Temple LV2 & LV3 (record in v1.2.4)
http://youtu.be/i5NTjbZstEs

Basic Character Info:
LV92 Ranger
Critical Strike Chance: both main/off hand 95%

Main Attack Gem Setup:
Spectral Throw, Cast On Critical Strike, Ethereal Knives, Arc, Ball Lightning, Greater Multiple Projectiles
※Level of Each Gems:
ST: lv19 / q20
COCS: lv20 / q20
EK: lv20 / q20
A: lv19 / q0
BL: lv17 / q0
GMP: lv18 / q20

Facing Piety:
I switch Spectral Throw and Greater Multiple Projectiles with Cyclone and Ethereal Knives:
Cyclone, Cast On Critical Strike, Ethereal Knives, Arc, Ball Lightning, Ethereal Knives
※I put two EK gems into the 6-Link to increase it's cast chance, and increase the speed of killing Piety.
※Level of Each Gems:
C: lv20 / q20
EK: lv20 / q20

Other Gem Setup:
Passive Counter Attack (head):
Cast When Damage Taken, Life Leech, Faster Projectiles, Ethereal Knives
※Cast Ethereal Knives when taken damage, and it can freeze enemy and leech life back along with the Hatred aura
※Level of Each Gems:
CWDT: lv14 / q0
LL: lv20 / q20
FP: lv20 / q0
EK: lv15 / q20

Passive Counter Attack (gloves):
Cast When Damage Taken, Life Leech, Molten Shell, Ethereal Knives
※Cast Ethereal Knives when taken damage, and it can freeze enemy and leech life back along with the Hatred aura. Molten Shell temporary increase armour & absorb damage for a while.
※Level of Each Gems:
CWDT: lv14 / q0
LL: lv20 / q20
MS: lv15 / q20
EK: lv15 / q20

Passive Invincible Armour:
Cast When Damage Taken,Increased Duration, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call
※Cast Enduring Cry when taken damage, and unleash the endurance charges to immortal status with Immortal Call (note that it's only immune to physical damage)
Since the immortal time is quite short, I added a Increased Duration gem to prolong it. This can increase the survive chance in the late map runs.
※Level of Each Gems:
CWDT: lv01 / q0
ID: lv20 / q0
EC: lv05 / q20
IC: lv03 / q0

Aura Enhance(Weapon A):
Reduced Mana, Grace, Hatred
※Grace could increase invasion, and use Iron Reflexes passive to transfer it to armor
※Hatred could add additional ratio of physical damage as cold damage. Since Ethereal Knives is a physical damage spell, this gem can increase a huge damage of it.
※Level of Each Gems:
RM: lv20 / q0
G: lv20 / q0
H: lv20 / q0

Aura Enhance & Curse(Weapon B):
Reduced Mana, Vitality, Assassin's Mark
※Vitality could recover HP through times
(I didn't turn it on to prevent the draining of my mana)
※increase the critical chance and damage of the cursed enemy, it's really useful when killing BOSS ^_^.
※Level of Each Gems:
RM: lv20 / q0
V: lv20 / q0
AM: lv20 / q0

※I replace the Vitality gem with Herald of Ash in v1.3.0
HOA: lv20 / q20

Gears:
(this one is used in v1.2.x, now replaced with the one below in v1.3.x)

Flask:

I choose two high speed recovery life flask to handle the condition that accidentally hit the ele reflect monsters.
Another two flask were set to remove the bleeding effect, since the multiple hit characteristic makes COC build devastating when facing monsters that can induce bleeding effect.
Last one I choose a flask that can remove the curse effect from enemies to make character more safe on the map runs.

Bandit Quest Reward:
Normal: Help Oak => (HP+40)
Cruel: Help Oak => (+18% Physical Damage)
Merciless: Kill All(1 Passive Point)

Passive Build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAAYAXgMeBfkGIwceCC4OSA-rEZYV9ha_GYoZjhqPHaofQSP2JJ0mlSmlKgstgy9vMgE2PUZxSVFKfU2STipRTFM1VUtW-luvXfJh4mJaYnlirGSdZU1noGyMb55wUnBWcLtw1XXLdwd9dYDhgwmHE4d2idOMC4w2jX2Nfo_6kBuVLpcGmhObJpuNm7WcpJ2qoSKiQKOKpzSsR7IZtUi2QbcXuXy74702vqfAnMM6xKLKSs2Yz3rTftkT29TdDeGI4l7jhOOf6mLr9ewY7LDtg-4O73rw1fId8-r0-Pba-wn8xf66

Pro:
1.Spectral Throw has the characteristics of penetration, it can produce very high strike times under dense enemies.
2.Arc and Ball Lightning can effectively shock enemies and increase the damage taken.
(Shock causes the affected target to take 50% more damage)
3.Really cool visual effect, especially playing maps with Fracture property lol.

Con:
1.Be careful with elemental reflection. The reflection can be quite hurt when there's a lot of enemies.
2.It's pretty slow when facing single enemy, therefore I switch the gems before killing Piety.

Thanks for reading, and hope you all like it :)
Last edited by Xiaxao on Feb 18, 2015, 3:56:30 AM
thank you for the build
very cool setup
Best build I've ever seen. Can't wait to give it a try. I might tune it up here and there ;)
Passive tree link is an error message in jibberish to me :p
can you make a passive tree for a lvl 80 character????

no all people can make a lvl 92 character :(
The right passive tree is this one!
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAAYAXgHRAx4GIwceCC4OSA-rEZYUdRX2Fr8Y2xmKGY4ajx9BI_YknST9JpUnqSmlKgstgy9vMHw2PTndOrND50cGSVFNkk4qUUdTNVVLVvpbr13yYeJiWmJ5YqxknWqTbIxvnnBScFZwcnC7cNV3B3f9fXV_xocTidOMC4w2jX2P-pAblS6XBpoTm42btZyknaqhIqJAo4qkwqxmr-u1SLZBuT65fL6nwA_DOsSiykrNmNDQ0k3TftXt2HbZE9vU3Q3jhOSx51Tr9ewY7LDtg-4O73rw1fId8-r0-Pba-wn-ug==
Hi!
I played CI-ST-critdagger. What is the best way to use this build with CI and VP?

*edit: guess not, coz i need dual dagger for high critchance
Last edited by Kib0u on Aug 23, 2014, 2:52:42 AM
"
CraZy_SkuLL wrote:
can you make a passive tree for a lvl 80 character????

no all people can make a lvl 92 character :(

I removed some critical strike points in the lv92 one.

LV80:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAAYAXgHRAx4F-QYjBx4ILg5ID6sRlhX2Fr8Y2xmKGY4ajx9BI_YknSaVJ6kppSoLLYMvbzIBNj053TqzQ-dJUU2STipTNVVLVvpbr13yYeJiWmJ5Yqxqk2yMb55wUnBWcLtw1XcHfXV_xoMJhxOJ04w2jX2P-pAblS6XBpoTmyabjZu1nKSdqqEiokCjiq_rshm1SLZBwA_DOsSiykrPetJN037V7dkT29TdDeOE5LHsGO2D7g7vevDV8-r0-Pba-wn8xf66
"
Kib0u wrote:
Hi!
I played CI-ST-critdagger. What is the best way to use this build with CI and VP?

*edit: guess not, coz i need dual dagger for high critchance

yes, this build requires high critical strike chances to trigger COC.

or maybe using power charge could be a solution @@?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info