(1.3) Budget Life Freezing Pulse Witch (HC)

"
Snownoodle wrote:
hi I am confused, life leech from Blood Drinker keystone works on FP? or did u just grabbed it for the 8% hp?

Just for hp bro. 8% is a lot compared to the other nodes.
"
banes312 wrote:
"
Snownoodle wrote:
hi I am confused, life leech from Blood Drinker keystone works on FP? or did u just grabbed it for the 8% hp?

What he said.

Also are you dead set on life/crit bro? I just think it would work a lot better as CI because as a witch to get enough HP I feel you have to use too many points to get all the life you need + all the crit you need for decent damage, whereas the ES points are like right where you're going anyway so it's a lot more efficient. Also you'd need to run PoI as I said which really takes a dint out of your MoM mana pool as you can see here.
Spoiler
Running 3k Mana and the 3 aura's

http://poe.mikelat.com/#auras=1&name%5B1%5D=Aura+Group+1&cla%5B1%5D=20&gra%5B1%5D=1&poi%5B1%5D=1&bmg%5B1%5D=&rmg%5B1%5D=20&mul%5B1%5D=100&rms=&life=4000&mana=3000

500 spare mana isn't enough for CoD's MoM, the biggest physical hit you could fully absorb of the 40% converted after AA would be around 1200 which isnt a big hit seeing as the average monster in 70+ maps hits for 600-700 according to the wiki. Thus you'd have to spec into some aura nodes which further takes away valuable points.

I just feel going life/crit takes too much away from all areas; life, damage and defences, where if you go CI you can grab all you need easily.

Also your first tree nowhere near enough crit, would be garbage and you also would need like dex on everything to use gems/gear cause you have none :P

2nd tree bit better but I feel the lifes too low, I'd forget the block and just go this
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQB6UC40myLJwFQkGWrrPQ9UyzLR9QMAQHlSDr5IPbaxfB818qVca86oIeoqM6WMBU2wt_xg_EakMI9BzcEZY7fJMnDkgHHrjKtAzjhGNDXfKVLuq6RnE2PXDVQsPw1Q18gwmdqonT34SP-klRV8lvnmKsbIxwUgL-6_Uo-pyk8bOMNmSd6-6Cx4cTS1dVS_IdmuD56Ax9dwfA42HiRZ1BhxB_JpVTUrc-xp4Wv_4KAx7yRdi9H0E64TWSplf-j03jKgvz6sMJuZPbXn5ZJ6k=

IGN: Criticism_ | CriticismSW | CriticismFP
"
The_Lurch wrote:
I started a character just the other day with this in mind.

Currently level 39 here is my tree.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMFQgceB6UI9BEPEZYUsBdUH8cigSepK3gsnEGWSVFJskwtTLNQMFPUVkpqQ2sXbRl_xoIQgh6Ngo48lSCVLp6hnwGio66zvOrAVMHz0PXR5NsL217fit-w8NU=

There are some nodes I will need to spec out of.

I am currently running - Clarity, Herald of Ice, Purity of Elements and AA

Was lucky enough to get this drop that helps with the mana regen -

My gear is pretty bad so I am squishy atm but the freeze really helps with defense.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread for tips.

Thanks OP.

I wouldn't spec into crit while leveling bro, you can't get enough of it and you just get more value out of the elemental nodes, also you didnt grab that nice life cluster just to the left and the mana cluster there too helps with mana for aura's. You should aim to get grace on asap it helps a lot. At the moment i have 30% block and 50% evasion from just grace and gear and I'm having no defence issue leveling up. I'd go the tree I suggested if I were you :)

P.S: Lucky bugger on the Dream Fragments, one less piece you'll have to buy if you switch to CI later on :D
"
Criticism_ wrote:

I wouldn't spec into crit while leveling bro, you can't get enough of it and you just get more value out of the elemental nodes, also you didnt grab that nice life cluster just to the left and the mana cluster there too helps with mana for aura's. You should aim to get grace on asap it helps a lot. At the moment i have 30% block and 50% evasion from just grace and gear and I'm having no defence issue leveling up. I'd go the tree I suggested if I were you :)

P.S: Lucky bugger on the Dream Fragments, one less piece you'll have to buy if you switch to CI later on :D

Thanks for the tips. I actually seem to crit a lot at the moment. My gear is not great but I am improving on it slowly.

Once I get higher level I will be able to respec a bunch of points. I had to grab some stat nodes for gear reqs. I play mostly with a buddy who is running grace so I can leave that out for the moment.

Here is my current gear. 2 link FP working really well, I can only imagine getting more supports on there.

IGN: The_Lurch
Yeah I've got FP in a 4L atm and it kicks ass, got lucky getting an echo from a strongbox so I've got the FP > LL > LMP > Echo combo going atm. Destroys stuff at over 3 casts a second and even with no crit I freeze often enough.

Also if you're still finding yourself a bit squishy run AA to whatever level you can sustain, mines level 9 atm and that coupled with everything else is pretty sweet though my gears got a fair bit more evasion than yours atm :P

Looking forward to the weekend so I can smash out merciless and move onto maps :)
"
Criticism_ wrote:
"
banes312 wrote:
"
Snownoodle wrote:

What he said.

Also are you dead set on life/crit bro? I just think it would work a lot better as CI because as a witch to get enough HP I feel you have to use too many points to get all the life you need + all the crit you need for decent damage, whereas the ES points are like right where you're going anyway so it's a lot more efficient. Also you'd need to run PoI as I said which really takes a dint out of your MoM mana pool as you can see here.
Spoiler
Running 3k Mana and the 3 aura's

http://poe.mikelat.com/#auras=1&name%5B1%5D=Aura+Group+1&cla%5B1%5D=20&gra%5B1%5D=1&poi%5B1%5D=1&bmg%5B1%5D=&rmg%5B1%5D=20&mul%5B1%5D=100&rms=&life=4000&mana=3000

500 spare mana isn't enough for CoD's MoM, the biggest physical hit you could fully absorb of the 40% converted after AA would be around 1200 which isnt a big hit seeing as the average monster in 70+ maps hits for 600-700 according to the wiki. Thus you'd have to spec into some aura nodes which further takes away valuable points.

I just feel going life/crit takes too much away from all areas; life, damage and defences, where if you go CI you can grab all you need easily.

Also your first tree nowhere near enough crit, would be garbage and you also would need like dex on everything to use gems/gear cause you have none :P

2nd tree bit better but I feel the lifes too low, I'd forget the block and just go this
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQB6UC40myLJwFQkGWrrPQ9UyzLR9QMAQHlSDr5IPbaxfB818qVca86oIeoqM6WMBU2wt_xg_EakMI9BzcEZY7fJMnDkgHHrjKtAzjhGNDXfKVLuq6RnE2PXDVQsPw1Q18gwmdqonT34SP-klRV8lvnmKsbIxwUgL-6_Uo-pyk8bOMNmSd6-6Cx4cTS1dVS_IdmuD56Ax9dwfA42HiRZ1BhxB_JpVTUrc-xp4Wv_4KAx7yRdi9H0E64TWSplf-j03jKgvz6sMJuZPbXn5ZJ6k=

I want to play Life because I got a Cloak of Deviance already ready to go. I feel it'd be a waste to leave it?

Edit: I 5L'd it today with all my currency lol. I am left with a measly 3 chaos.

Here are my items so you can check it out
Spoiler

Mostly self found except for the Cloak, belt and shield. I bought it for 2ex. And I 6s and 5L in under 1 ex. Shield was a lucky snag!!! Got it for 2 chaos right when it was posted on xyz for 2 chaos. Belt was rather expensive at 4 chaos. Level 58 at the moment wrecking merciless.
Last edited by banes312 on Aug 28, 2014, 6:02:00 PM
Some pretty nice stuff this early on :) remember you can always resell it later to fund the CI switch :P

You're gonna have to look into how you're going to get all ya auras working as crit/life once you hit maps. Having used MoM before I wouldn't recommend less than 1k or so unreserved mana as that'll protect you against hits of 3k or so, I intend to have about 1.5k unreserved. Otherwise you're really wasting the MoM and would be better off running Lightning Coil. I actually think coil works better for life/crit as you don't have to worry about auras and an unreserved mana pool.

Otherwise if ya gonna stick to CoD find a PoI buddy and keep ya sapphire flask handy :P
Last edited by Criticism_ on Aug 29, 2014, 12:11:03 AM
is it just me or are the CI passive tree's you posted not working?
"
Amon3760 wrote:
is it just me or are the CI passive tree's you posted not working?

Ughhhh works for me bro.
All edit:

So I made 80 soon 81.

Here is my current gear
Spoiler

Passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4DHgQHBUIHHgj0DH0NfA5ID8QQfxGWFr8c3B9BJpUo-iycLR81kjrhO3xBh0GWQsNFnUZxSVFJsUyzTeNQMFNSVUtVxlcrV8ld8l8qYeJjQ2SdakNrF20Zb55wUnDVdwd-WX_GghCCHoLHgwmD24cTidOMNo_6kyeVIJUumuCcpKKjpleus7QMtz64yrzqvYLAVMHzxp7Q9dfP2L3bC9-E34rfsOkC6rrr5Ovu6_XviPDV8h3yRfk3-ej-Cv6P_rM=

LOTS OF CHANGES

I decided to go dual crit dagger, because of my daggers. I have 30% chance to evade now and very little hp 3872. I open to suggestions from my fellow new league freeze pulsating witches. Money was acquired by finding the best bow in the server and sold it for 10 exa.

Last edited by banes312 on Sep 1, 2014, 8:14:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info