How to get more currency for crafting in 1.2?

To be honest you are still considered new to the game. We have farmed long enough to consider master crafting cheap compared to individual crafting.
For Alts normal Merveil or Dominus is probably the fastest and with a level 71 character, all you need is some liferegen and lots of IIR/IIQ..

For Chromatics, pick up every "rainbow"-item and vendor it, also every time you level up/login, check all the vendors from A1N-->A3M.. my record is 15 chromatics ~10 minutes or so from vendors.

e: and farming Merveil/Dominus eats up 100-130 Wisdoms/hour... but you can get them by selling town portals(1=1), or sell transmutes(1=8? ,can't remember)
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Aug 18, 2014, 5:25:04 AM
"
SidleJinks wrote:
"
Anytime you see a 6 link item for sale, buy it and sell it back to the vendor for a handsome profit.

I lol'd. Vendoring 6 links is a pretty good idea!

To err is human, to vendor 6 links, divine.
market value is almost always higher than 1 divine.
IGN TylordRampage
I assume what he meant was 6 sockets, that one is good to vendor and gives 7 juwelers.

Also to do something between Merveil and Dominus/Piety, run City of Sarn. The corrupted area there is lvl62 which means that you can run the chaos-recipe with one unidentified item for each slot (helmet, shoes, gloves, chest, 2 rings, amulet, belt and a 2h-weapon or 1h/shield). You also have a fair chance of getting Midnights there. And since the area is lvl62 you can even drop some cool uniques, although this will likely not happen but in theory Shavronnes or Soultaker can drop there.

All you need is good Cold and Lightning-Resists, since there are Grapplers which discharge their powercharges for Lightning-Damage and Rima does only Cold-Damage. If you have an item with "cannot be frozen" like Dream Fragments or Alphas Howl it would be fairly good here. If not try to get a cheap wanderlust, it isn't as good as the other too but serves the purpose.

It would be even easier doing this as a summoner due to zombies naturally high cold-resists, but should work otherwise.
You just need spend 1 hour :

1. Farm City of Sarn for an hour
2. Get 2-3 midnight per hour (on average)
3. Sell sacrifice sets for 2ex
4. Trade 1ex for 200+ chromes
5. Profit!
"
leopard2lx wrote:
So I am looking at some of the currency costs for crafting gear in 1.2 with the masters and I see no way to afford anything ever.
Even 25 chromatic orbs sounds ridiculous to me since my Witch is level 71 and I don't think I have ever seen that many since ever.
How do I get a substantial amount of currency to craft anything?
If you are going to say trading....then what exactly am I supposed to trade when all the loot that drops is garbage? Can't sell garbage. I've been farming Docks for a while now and nothing ever drops. I tried farming Piety but it's too slow and inefficient because she kills me a couple of times every time because....you guessed it....my gear sucks. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

To give you an idea, from level 1 to level 71 my Witch has seen:
12 chaos orbs
12 Alchemy orbs
1 regal orb
1 gemcutter
3 uniques (and they were all garbage level 12 or 20)

So how exactly can I even get a pathetic amount of currency to craft anything?

Stats:
Arc Witch
2.7k DPS
2400 Life
2400 Mana
250 Mana Regen
75% Resist all (except Chaos)

You need to play more. If 25 chromes feels unattainable for you, you just don't play often. A lot of us have hundreds of chromes just from gathering them. And you don't get a lot of currency from leveling unless you are at the point where it takes tons of maps to level. Need to take time out to actually farm.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Aug 18, 2014, 8:54:40 AM
"
Ludvator wrote:
if you stay in Standard, dont expect to sell anything unless it is extremly good or extremly cheap.

The market is flooded with items there, supply is much greater than demand

sort of. ok stuff is cheap, but you don't need ok stuff for your level 90 build, you need GG stuff.

GG stuff is astronomical.

so you can sell your 3 T1 gear and probably get a lot for it, but your 3 T2 is going to have a hard time finding a buyer.

standard just keeps getting worse and worse.

edit: one day i'll stay on topic. +1 to farming Dominus. you can load up alterations in a hurry running Dom, and maybe even get a worthwhile unique. Join a split run Dom group and you can fill a stash tab about every 10 minutes.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Aug 18, 2014, 2:59:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info