How to get more currency for crafting in 1.2?

So I am looking at some of the currency costs for crafting gear in 1.2 with the masters and I see no way to afford anything ever.
Even 25 chromatic orbs sounds ridiculous to me since my Witch is level 71 and I don't think I have ever seen that many since ever.
How do I get a substantial amount of currency to craft anything?
If you are going to say trading....then what exactly am I supposed to trade when all the loot that drops is garbage? Can't sell garbage. I've been farming Docks for a while now and nothing ever drops. I tried farming Piety but it's too slow and inefficient because she kills me a couple of times every time because....you guessed it....my gear sucks. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

To give you an idea, from level 1 to level 71 my Witch has seen:
12 chaos orbs
12 Alchemy orbs
1 regal orb
1 gemcutter
3 uniques (and they were all garbage level 12 or 20)

So how exactly can I even get a pathetic amount of currency to craft anything?

Stats:
Arc Witch
2.7k DPS
2400 Life
2400 Mana
250 Mana Regen
75% Resist all (except Chaos)
Last edited by leopard2lx on Aug 18, 2014, 2:11:11 AM
Do you have any childs that are capable of operating a mouse and a keybord ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Alterations (8) = Jewelers (4) = Fuse (1) at vendor, so you can make good quantities of those anytime with a bit of increased rarity on your gear/gem. Personally I feel Merveil runs is fastest for this but that may change with the revamped boss fight in 1.2.

I always do the Unid'd Chaos recipe (a full set of rares ilv 60 +) for 2 chaos at vendor. You can id them though for 1 chaos recipe. The bottleneck for this is rings/ammys, so you can vendor the other rares to make the above orbs.

1 of each socket colour 3 linked on any item = 1 chrom at vendor, and they drop like candy.

We tested it extensively
I would recommend to make a new POE-Account and level a character to level 60 and use it as a culler for dominus farming.
Give a man a fish, and you can feed him for a day.
But give a fish a man, and you can feed it for a month.
Have a look at the vendor recipes page in the PoE wiki. I usually swim in chromatics by the end of a challenge league (as long as I don't try such foolish things like 4 off-colours on chests...)

chromatic items for - you guessed it - chromatic orbs
6-socketed items for jewelers
chaos recipe
and so on.

Some are more difficult or tedious to pull of but in all you will be able to make quite some currency watching out for recipe stuff.

Edit: Lol @Lachdanan. Only after the second time reading your post was I getting its meaning. :D (Your suggestion sounds a bit cruel at first but it would seem like a win-win situation for stressed-out young parents who want to advance their char a bit.)
Crit happens.
Last edited by Inarion1986 on Aug 18, 2014, 2:22:16 AM
The following would be a very good resource for you ...

There's a huge difference in how much currency you accumulate when you use these recipes to your best advantage and when you don't.

On that note, whenever you level up, drop by the vendors and look for gear with a linked green, blue, and red socket. Each of those you find and buy (usually for a transmutation orb, not that valuable) will net you a chromatic orb, when you sell it back to the vendor. Anytime you see a 6 link item for sale, buy it and sell it back to the vendor for a handsome profit.

If you see gear on the ground with the prefix "superior" on it, pick it up and save them up to get quality items. Do the same for gear with a link blue, green, and red socket (a chromatic orb for each one you find).

Hopefully this helps you break the vicious cycle in which you feel you're currently stuck.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
@Inarion
Not only that, it offers a reliable option to people that mentally can´t do repetive band-conveyor jobs, like having to pick up every rainbowsocket.
Having to check vendors for 6sockets with 3chars in 2 difficulties in 3 areas to maintain a stable yewellerinflux.
Some recipes are not really beneficial for "sanity".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
1) recipe
2) trading
3) grinding more
4) grinding always more

Levelling from 1 to 77 is nothing, you still have to grind.

You're welcome.
IGN TylordRampage
if you stay in Standard, dont expect to sell anything unless it is extremly good or extremly cheap.

The market is flooded with items there, supply is much greater than demand
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Aug 18, 2014, 4:25:43 AM
"
Anytime you see a 6 link item for sale, buy it and sell it back to the vendor for a handsome profit.

I lol'd. Vendoring 6 links is a pretty good idea!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info