[ 1.2.0 ] GroundSlam Build By Community

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY_ZIjM89_F8_7w4nL-Of8i-krLyfVEmGOxT2a9nBBP_TNI5W2QHn6wknIAmWGJFQRxQgpzBgkYOxd1M7O2n-ZKM26IdqYSEaVYTvdO0FLWBLeu-E2amUkGxHfhRSZU2ZK72BvqduaTIJcmxsRqlueA1Yr9i9NZK18jGepldN4_6P8kX-Cjrhtz7GrlOlDF8cp_0wGuSIj2qlhxlsFvxLJ-3E9jwt975ul_KcNroZLp7FITRgxLQvUeasqnzZcqneweStZ1gZ6cAaWfMOFMtD42o26frSZp4WbySqGjinhJBV

This is what I'm gonna try as first char in beyond. I think not going for amplify in templar area is kinda of shame, but i don't think that i can spare points for that. Only thing I consider removing is Lust for carnage cluster (nice for life leech if got no on eq). Build has sick amount of life, armor and dps. No block is problem, and because of that i decided to go evasion in addition to armor so you got some additional phys mitigation. Going for IR + UW would be waste, since you got so big life pool that u should be quite stun resistant (yeah and die at lvl 90 from massive stun xD) and evasion giving more effictive life in its form than it would as additional armor. You could also grab sovegreinty cluster if you would want more auras.

Auras: Grace + Hatred

Uniques: Marohi, Belly of the Beast, Atziri boots? (You could also get mings heart and go blood rage so you could drop life leech cluster)

Links: Heavy strike, multistrike, increased melee phys dmg, blood magic, faster attacks, added fire ==> in that order of importance

GS, multistrike, inc melee phys, faster attacks, blood magic and concentrated effect if you got enough int for it (assuming that you got inc aoe from marohi). If not enough int last socket is added fire dmg.

Didn't plan too long for this and last time i played GS was in when Nemesis began and i was total noob :). I'm sure build could be optimized but i think it will work well in late maps too.

Updating for 2h, sorry i was busy with my works

This thread gets me incredibly hyped for the new leagues!
Hey guys. I'll just add this version of a newb-friendly groundslammer marauder here, since the original version i made it from got updated and i didn't want this one to go to waste; hopefully it will help someone. I'll just copy the rest of my post from the linked thread here.

i tried to recreate the closest possible build to the original version, but i left out the upper Templar mace node cluster (ending with Baptism of light) in favor of the new mace cluster in the bottom right near Golem's blood, since it also gives attack speed and AoE, which is pretty much a must-have on a groundslammer imho.

I've also added the Mortal conviction node since it got buffed to 60% and running an aura shouldn't be so problematic anymore (i'm using either a haste or vitality aura, depending on wether i run solo or in a group) and 4 melee damage nodes in the Templar starting area becouse they were available to reach the number of points for a level 90 build.

Here is the version for level 90, assuming you took all the bandit rewards like it was mentioned in the linked post:

Tom7i's groundslammer marauder version

I've tried it out at level 84 on lvl 70 maps and it seems to be working ok so far.
Last edited by Tom7i on Aug 21, 2014, 6:40:02 PM
"
Tom7i wrote:
Hey guys. I'll just add this version of a newb-friendly groundslammer marauder here, since the original version i made it from got updated and i didn't want this one to go to waste; hopefully it will help someone. I'll just copy the rest of my post from the linked thread here.

i tried to recreate the closest possible build to the original version, but i left out the upper Templar mace node cluster (ending with Baptism of light) in favor of the new mace cluster in the bottom right near Golem's blood, since it also gives attack speed and AoE, which is pretty much a must-have on a groundslammer imho.

I've also added the Mortal conviction node since it got buffed to 60% and running an aura shouldn't be so problematic anymore (i'm using either a haste or vitality aura, depending on wether i run solo or in a group) and 4 melee damage nodes in the Templar starting area becouse they were available to reach the number of points for a level 90 build.

Here is the version for level 90, assuming you took all the bandit rewards like it was mentioned in the linked post:

Tom7i's groundslammer marauder version

I've tried it out at level 84 on lvl 70 maps and it seems to be working ok so far.

The damage nodes past Enforcer are absolutely not worth it. You have much better options in the marauder tree. Also official passive planner is updated already.
I'm actually levelling a 2H ground slam marauder in the beyond league.

It worked pretty well.
I'm level 62 at the moment progressing through act 2 merciless.

The auras I'm using are herald of ash and depending on the situation hatred/determination or purity of whatever needed ;)

This is my actual skill tree:

My gear:
Spoiler

My target is to reach US/IR at level 65, than get the life nodes at Barbarism and in the end travel to the Templars Amplify Node for the increased Area and Area Damage.

So hopefully this should be my tree at level 83:

German chat: /global 4745
Last edited by Wofferl on Aug 27, 2014, 9:44:45 AM
An small update on my progress:

I'm still pleased with my ground slammer, starting maps and farming piety without problems.

LVL: 72
DPS: GS ~4k, 6k with hatred and herald of ash (can swapped with HS ~11k for single target)
Life: ~4,5k
Life regen: 165
Armour: ~3k
Resists: 75% (fire+cold over capped)
Chaos: -16%

I've changed my plan to enter the templar area using the armor+energy shield nodes and used the shorter way taking the two wep nodes.

passive tree:

I'm not sure, if taking Iron Reflexes is worth it. Maybe I drop it, when I have good armour only gear.

gear:
Spoiler
German chat: /global 4745
Last edited by Wofferl on Aug 27, 2014, 1:27:35 PM
This is what i planned for my 86lvl GS'er, haven't spent points yet because i'm still not quite sure on the tree. Using 5L Mahori as weapon.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQTjn2vZJy8U9u8Ohju8nzSO_9MB56cwFHEUIPjrDjxQR-oYn8sYkfcycqm77ayqfNmRzlnzJ-3AGvxLkFUZ6WaebBanhMtD-tKHGRo4DhQ26ew43sEkquNqOtgWb03YLdKePIx2gW8EsxRNogCpaJ8-AnFUSfIvpKwS4WEhouqE73rvdO0FLWBLqZSQbIdqhNnSTb6nbmnAD0d-FFJlTZkrvYEaVTboZKPYvTWStfKpbngNcmxsRkrIbqpYrzIJTeP-jw==
"

Regarding these builds...why no blood magic? How do you sustain mana without it? Also, mind posting your gear w/ gems?

And a general topic for the thread. Last time I tried groundslam, I found heavy strike with melee splash to be more damage. Am I wrong here?

Thanks to all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info