Armor :9986
fire res : 71%
ice res : 74%
light res : 70%
Chaos res : 60%

My Gear for testing tree
Spoiler

Testing tree

Overall GS build got buffed, accept resist part that need find new gear about that

As far i can see there lot of an option which GS can do, such as:
- 1h + shield pure dps
- 1h + shield critical dps
- 2h pure dps
- 2h critical dps

Home work testing 1h+shield :
- remove BM nodes, us

Let's make better GroundSlammer!
Last edited by leftyZX on Aug 15, 2014, 3:12:43 PM
for 2h Ground Slam

By Admiral__Awesome
"
This is my 1.2 tree for 2h GS marouder (RT, US, IR keys):

With the same gear as i have now it will give me roughly +1k hp, +3k of GS dps with hatered on and +1k armor.

Another idea can be taking Wrecking ball and Steel skin instean of Combat stamina. Comparing with previous tree it'll be +2k dps on GS an like -150 life or so:

This is my tree now (1.1):

And just some thoughts on the new tree:
1) I've found mana leech node (Battle rouse)... Edit: no mana leech nodes there, my mistake.
2) I really like the new Bloody Bludgeon node and that chunk generally. So good for GS mara.
3) Generally it's much less effective now to go for distanced life nodes like Thick skin or Purity of flesh. They are generally not worth it (correct me if i'm wrong)

By Dadler
"
Dadler wrote:
This is what I'm planning to go for in the new league. This build is a little more leaned to tankiness even though I'm wielding a 2h mace.

My goal is to stun most enemies in my path and also have a very tanky character.
Bandits: Help oak every time.

I'm picking the aura nodes on the Sovereignty Wheel so I'll be able to run 2x60% auras and 1x40%. Those auras will be: Hatred,Grace and vitality. If you're doing easy content or just feel like YOLOing it, you can replace grace with haste.
The Purity of flesh Wheel is also good cause i'm planning to get the unique Ming's heart together with some chaos resist on my gear and then run blood rage.
Later game I might pick up champion of the cause and buying an alpha's howl which will allow me to run 3x60% so I can replace my vitality for determination.

My Ground slam will be linked this way:
5L: GS-Blood magic-Melee physical dmg-multistrikes-faster attacks
6L: links above + endurance charge on melee stun

I might change faster attacks for endurance charge on melee stun on my 5L.

With permanent endurance charges i can have immortal call active for a large portion of the time. I can also pick up the three nodes above resolute technique for extra long duration.

As you see, the damage is not sky high. But it's a fun build and you'll be really tanky. Your party will also like you for being able to run some auras. I know i'll run maps with my friends a lot.

With this build there won't really be any map mod that screws you over. and you will not die to reflect since your immortal call will trigger from the reflected phys dmg and then negate it all. if your damage would happen to be that high.

Have a good day folks.

By Separius
"
Separius wrote:

This is what I'm gonna try as first char in beyond. I think not going for amplify in templar area is kinda of shame, but i don't think that i can spare points for that. Only thing I consider removing is Lust for carnage cluster (nice for life leech if got no on eq). Build has sick amount of life, armor and dps. No block is problem, and because of that i decided to go evasion in addition to armor so you got some additional phys mitigation. Going for IR + UW would be waste, since you got so big life pool that u should be quite stun resistant (yeah and die at lvl 90 from massive stun xD) and evasion giving more effictive life in its form than it would as additional armor. You could also grab sovegreinty cluster if you would want more auras.

Auras: Grace + Hatred

Uniques:
Marohi,
Belly of the Beast,
Atziri boots?
(You could also get mings heart and go blood rage so you could drop life leech cluster)

Links: Heavy strike, multistrike, increased melee phys dmg, blood magic, faster attacks, added fire ==> in that order of importance

GS, multistrike, inc melee phys, faster attacks, blood magic and concentrated effect if you got enough int for it (assuming that you got inc aoe from marohi). If not enough int last socket is added fire dmg.

Didn't plan too long for this and last time i played GS was in when Nemesis began and i was total noob :). I'm sure build could be optimized but i think it will work well in late maps too.

Last edited by leftyZX on Aug 19, 2014, 9:59:53 AM
Interested in 2H, since I don't really know what to do.
I'll post my idea for tree later when I got time.

Current items:
Spoiler

WTS
Spoiler
Last edited by TJEmvp on Aug 14, 2014, 3:27:40 PM
Isn't mortal conviction useless. Never heard of anyone using it.
"
kompaniet wrote:
Isn't mortal conviction useless. Never heard of anyone using it.

it's important for me, at least i can run 1 aura boost my dps using hatred
Someone has to be the first =)
"
leftyZX wrote:

I'd probably remove 5 points after the Scion Life wheel (the whole "combat stamina" thing).
Instead grab "Sentinel" (24% armor/evasion, 10% elemental resists) and then head for the 20% damage nodes in Marauder to get to:
Click me

Compared to your tree, that's
- some health regen
- some fire resist
- 5% elemental resists
+ 70% damage
+ shield block, shield defenses (in Marauder)
roughly same armor
-5% life vs + 40 strength

I'd also probably remove the "increased AoE" gem for a Blood Magic gem and use hatred (+determination) on mana to gain about 1000 life, skill points and a ton of armor for a little bit of AoE... ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 15, 2014, 12:12:36 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
leftyZX wrote:

I'd probably remove 5 points after the Scion Life wheel (the whole "combat stamina" thing).
Instead grab "Sentinel" (24% armor/evasion, 10% elemental resists) and then head for the 20% damage nodes in Marauder to get to:
Click me

Compared to your tree, that's
- some health regen
- some fire resist
- 5% elemental resists
+ 70% damage
+ shield block, shield defenses (in Marauder)
roughly same armor
-5% life vs + 40 strength

I'd also probably remove the "increased AoE" gem for a Blood Magic gem and use hatred (+determination) on mana to gain about 1000 life, skill points and a ton of armor for a little bit of AoE... ;)

Here stat what i got using same level and gears

HP : 4964 (-4910)
Regen : 287.9/sec (-221/sec)
GS DPS : 15483.6 (+17505.3) (hatred on)
Block Chance : 46% (+53%)
Armor :9986 (-9710)
fire res : 71% (-42%)
ice res : 74% (-69%)
light res : 70% (-65%)
Chaos res : 60% (=60%)

I've tried using BM gem, and not went well for me
i have to get close into enemy attack range since using concentrated area, and that bad position for me if got surrounded multiple enemies even with shield
.....maybe i gonna give it a try after new patch....need field testing
Last edited by leftyZX on Aug 15, 2014, 1:56:20 PM
nvm
Last edited by Dantedist on Aug 15, 2014, 3:07:34 PM
Wow! Really?
U r 'planning' build for 1.2 to play it on standard? Dude! WOW!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info