[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
FBomb666 wrote:
Thank you.
I know you said you use this with reave, but can work with flicker or double strike. I am toying with the idea of a crit dagger Spectral Throw. Would the tree still work with that setup?

For ST I would highly recommend to take Ballistic Mastery at the ranger start. You can drop Min Drinker if you have mana leech on your gear for the needed 2 points, or spec out of two 5% life nodes since ranged builds are not that dependant on life anyway.

"
MAXIMUMPOTATO wrote:
Sick tree, using a modified version of this with IR when respec drops, any recommended changes for reave?

I will use this tree on my Reave Shadow (see sig.) so there are no changes necessary.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
Serge91 wrote:
Nice tree. I can't understand why didn't you take Acrobatics, you could drop a bit of life initially. Spell dodge is so useful, since you don't have spell block in so many situations (except for unique bosses: you can switch to Saffel or rathpith+stone of lazwhar). Anyway, since you've gone so far to reach the Scion's starting area, I would have taken the reflexes notable: 40% more eva is very good for only 2 passive point, but they are skippable of course coz the pure evasion from the gear should be good if you have good gear.

If you're gonna use evasion gear, I can't fully understand your choice: you can easely do a tank build with high block, eva and dodge. If you would have been armor specced, then I would have understand that the phys reduction from armour could help agains reflection.

Imho you've put too much on life, though it's not a bad choice in the end for tankers.

I don't like acrobatics on melee characters since you have to tank a lot and are very likely to get hit.
The build is already very point intensive, thus there is no option for additional nodes. Also pure EV nodes are very weak in the first place. Also Reflexes is 30% not 40%.
My gear is mostly armor or hybrid armor/EV for convenient socketing.

The reason why I focus on life so much is that it is the only reliable source of defence. (e.g. Block does not protect against Atziri Flameblast, Armor gets pierced by reflect, Dodge is only random chance etc.). I will get ~5.5k life with this build which is a high enough buffer to tank most of the stuff. If Hp should go low you can instantly leech it back or use pots with 80% increased efficiency, putting you immediatly at full health again.

Edit: Also, please refrain from quoting my OP, since it occupies too much space.
Last edited by candoerfer on Aug 18, 2014, 9:01:44 AM
Fixed that problem.

Yeah i see your point. But your gear has to be hybrid. If it does not, then Ondar's would just be a wasted point.
It is true that HP is the most reliable defensive stat, coz it's not random like dodge/eva/block. But youre going to do so many criticals: are you sure you won't have any problem? I think phys reduction from armour will be pretty useless, and playing with hybrid gear won't let you be able to have a good chance to evade. And if you're going to use a melee skill, Ondar's effect won't apply for reflect. This is a great defence.
So you're gonna focus only on block chance, which is good but you can have 75% max: even with 5.5k life you'll oneshot yourself if you will be hit from reflect having an high critical damage. Especially if your damage is physical and not elemental (you would have been 75% damage reduction from resistence).

I think there are so many penalties to play with a melee build honestly, and that's very unfair. I would use a melee skill only against unique bosses, like Double Strike. Hoping that 1.2 will give us a diffrent passive skill tree, and not the same that we've seen on Garena.
I can tank reflect from 40k DPS reave with my current build (5.3k Hp). I am fairly sure that I will be fine. Since I insta leech the only issues are oneshots and my DPS is not high enough to kill myself with a single hit on one mob. Since crits into mob packs are considered multiple instances of dmg my Immortal Call will get triggered by cwdt after the first dmg instance and protect my for a few sec, which is enough to get back to full Hp.

Edit.: Since you also mentioned Ondar's. I think Ondar's is mandatory in ranged builds since it allows you to evade your own reflect dmg. This doesn't apply here because we are melee. The reason I picked it up in this build is that it comes with such a low point investment. Even though my chance to evade is kinda low with hybrid gear (estimate between 15-20%), Ondar's will double this chance vs. projectiles giving me additional 15-20% for just 2 points (!).
Last edited by candoerfer on Aug 18, 2014, 2:37:05 PM
"
candoerfer wrote:
I can tank reflect from 40k DPS reave with my current build (5.3k Hp). I am fairly sure that I will be fine. Since I insta leech the only issues are oneshots and my DPS is not high enough to kill myself with a single hit on one mob. Since crits into mob packs are considered multiple instances of dmg my Immortal Call will get triggered by cwdt after the first dmg instance and protect my for a few sec, which is enough to get back to full Hp.

Edit.: Since you also mentioned Ondar's. I think Ondar's is mandatory in ranged builds since it allows you to evade your own reflect dmg. This doesn't apply here because we are melee. The reason I picked it up in this build is that it comes with such a low point investment. Even though my chance to evade is kinda low with hybrid gear (estimate between 15-20%), Ondar's will double this chance vs. projectiles giving me additional 15-20% for just 2 points (!).

Yeah with reave you probably won't have any problems coz you can use multistrike to reduce your damage per hit and increase the number of hits per second: you will do 40k dps with 8-10 aps, so you do around 4k damage per hit. Reflect won't do anything. Especially using Vaal Pact: I didn't see you'd put that point. That's a good choice, probably if Spectral Throw will be nerfed too much I'll try your setup.

For Ondar's I did understand that, only 2 point for double chance to evade proj are very good even if you don't do ranged builds. Probably with hybrid gear you can even reach 30% chance to evade, so 60% chance to evade proj attacks. Not bad at all!
Anyone use Daresso's Defiance in their build?
"
valient_dude wrote:
Anyone use Daresso's Defiance in their build?

Daresso's has good stats (nice AR/EV, really valuable life leech ), but since this build is a tank build focussing on high Life pool and no Acrobatics/EV/Dodge build this chest cannot reveal its true potential compared to what it can offer you in a different spec.
I'm also using this build for a reave shadow. You should throw up some information on your gem links and what kind of gear we should look out for, also which nodes are important to get first.
Last edited by Insulation on Aug 21, 2014, 12:56:51 PM
I have some difficulties to create it for molten strike. I want to use this build, any recommendations for specific points for molten ?
Hey, I'm also running this build and had some questions about gems. What 4L,5l you plan on using with reave? and auras? I originally planed on going ST crit dagger but ST such low dmg now. Never played reave before so was hopeing you could answers some questions. thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info