ANGRYAFRICAN Cursed Balls Summoner: an introduction

Here is a video showcasing the build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJYfOfZEcw

The concept revolves around using GMP Ball Lightning to apply 3 curses on hit along with EE, often cursing the entire screen with one click. Getting up to 5 curses applied on hit is possible with the right gear.

This build was very strong with weak gear against difficult bosses and mods. I won't be releasing an in-depth build guide so close to the expansion, but will be retheory-crafting the build when we get the new passive tree.

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions that have not been answered.
Last edited by Angryafrican on Aug 9, 2014, 9:48:31 PM
Ball lightning CoH. I really really really REALLY like that idea.

+1
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
I wanna try out this build, nice video!
just watched the video rlly nice idea, ball lightning never crosed my mind to aply curse on hit thou, i used arc with it, and for what i saw you do, gmp ball lightning is clearly supperior ,if you have the extra socket (with unset rings coming with next patch that should be easy). and for other that might not know
quality gives curse efectivness.

also, have you thought on dying breath? (well i wouldn't use it with the gear you got currently) but if you manage some decent gear to make for the shield loss (and increased dmg taken), it should be a rlly nice boost to your build!

but let's w8 for the new tree and see what those look-like-curse-effectivness-nodes will be
Hear this words but once and they will echo in your nightmares forever!
Yeah Dying Breath + 20/20 Curse on Hit could be really powerful with 28% increased curse effectiveness. I was thinking of running Dying Breath on Animate guardian...the trick is to make sure it doesn't die.

Successfully soloed Shrine piety with +30% boss dmg today, didn't lose a zombie. Build continues to go really well.
I actually run a Dying Breath qCoH auramancer myself as well. Ever since Ball lighting came out it has become my favorite character. Ball Lightning is absolutely brilliant for this build.

Currently running Hatred, Purity, Grace and Discipline. And Temporal Chains with Enfeeble. I would normally have Vulnerability as well, but I preferred higher IQ and IRR.

Grace pairs great with Quality Enfeeble, as bonus I added Blind on my Skeleton Totem. This adds to a very reasonable survivability.

My skeletons and zombies use extra Frost dmg (quality gem and Hatred)to chill and freeze on top of T.Chains. And I have two Flame Sentinel Specters. I spend a few points into raising my shock chance to 20%. The stacks don't last long but long enough for the enemy to get owned by my minions. I also use Elemental Equilibrium to lower enemy resistances to further increase minion dmg.

Aside from Dying Breath and Alpha's Howl this build isn't really defined by gear since you'll barely do any dmg yourself. But quality gems really make a great difference.
Post new skill tree building please
"
Post new skill tree building please

see below
Last edited by Gyropelli on Aug 16, 2014, 1:39:41 PM
In his stream he came up with this tree.

108 Points

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGeTOvnoGDy9J-vuKPqCx1NSRZ2a4LiTpwidrhZvGmzjajbpJKqPRpuh99fMvEQEEJdNuayYVcY6WIPbBAdr20yzfRhtGQj0wFRqQ7zqaxeVIIIewfN_xqKjEZZJUfDVlS4HHohApqyQM_qAKpjZCxNs0_sGSWqsHNzyHr-XyT3bC5MntAzviEmx18_5N0ZxHarhiFXWZOcXL_rSgKSP-uwYL2_ZE3C7gwl4LxhqfOVYB6XETm2cMkGHnL4NHzwob57A40tX8bO3Pti9_gryRTrhXyrr5Jit

Although I feel there's room for revision. Here's what I came up with.

110 Points

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAv6zVyu9gm0ZCPR9GMBUa9tqQ7zqTLNrFwQHlSDr5IPbwfNfKlXGgh6iozpY2wt_xqyYHNwRlvfXyT2TJwcezLybob-X74ilxLQMlS5EBI9GeC_yHvk3Tm1GcfDVEJcdFKcIGGrXz5wygwnhiI_6SVFNufrS2Qu4k3zlSbEdquwYZp4XLzbpKpjr7lgHcLvAGmTnJKrjavqAmuAo-tkTkFVV1hZvRZ2YrYLHL2-nhICkGmxTUvno0_saOKasQYcTbIhADR-3PgZJkDOcvv4Kaqw8KNi98kU64Q==

Changes:

>Drop Hired Killer for Athleticism [+1 points spent]
>Drop Scion Start for Witch Start [+1 points spent]

Pros:

+30 STR
+10 INT
+6% HP
+5% Buff Effect
+40% Mana Regen
+12% ES
+14 Flat ES

Cons:
2 extra points spent
-20 LGoK
-10 DEX
-4% Maximum Mana

Last edited by Gyropelli on Aug 16, 2014, 3:34:39 PM
Hey, pretty much finalized my build for the new leagues.

I updated my reddit post as well as a post on these forums with hopes of some new revelation or ground-breaking suggestion.

It's the CI version:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/997627

GMT -7:00 PST
Last edited by nosl1w on Aug 19, 2014, 2:14:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info