Hype is over 9000!

That music is amazing!!!!
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
"
sirgog wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Something that bugs me:

How are we supossed to get the chaos needed for crafting?
It's impossible to farm them until merciless, and the problems with items start at act 3 cruel...

The video is awesome, anyway, =D

You won't need them in Cruel. You might need to trade to get through Cruel, but you won't need to invest in this crafting system.

With prices like these, this crafting system is clearly oriented to level 60-80 characters who can afford to invest that level of currency in fixing their 'almost but not quite good enough' items to then beat some of the real progression hurdles.

Also, it is entirely possible that they are erring on the side of expensive upon release... in the future, if there needs to be more balance, it is better to reduce the prices instead of upping them.

I think too, Chris mentioned that the starting point for the bench-crafting prices is based on the average of RNG-crafting for the same thing. Like, if it averages 1500 fussings to get a 6-link, you can RNG it and hope to save a couple hundred or possibly suffer a total loss... or you can just save and buy with certainty and security. Similar to how some service jobs are priced: How much is worth to pay a professional to do something I am also capable of doing myself?

Also, I recall there was mention of Masters offering better currency exchange rates in bulk. Chaos Orbs may still be drop-only things, but Fusings are set at 4 Jewellers (8 Alts). It would be cool if a Master offered like... a rate exchange of 7 Alts to one Fusing. I mean, I'm just speculating here, but all things considered, they could be compensating for the bench-crafting prices in ways we haven't yet been able to see.
"
Moeeom123 wrote:
So far my problem was fireball's looks is was it looked tiny and powerless in selfcast. Now with that new look it looks even smaller. Cool, you added some FumeFX smoke effect to it but could you increase the fireBall's size by 2-3x?
would be awesome

Please god no.

Screen clutter is something they are trying to improve, not make worse.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
so dual wield 2 handers basically confirmed?
or are those just really big one handers?
Last edited by Sori3n on Aug 7, 2014, 3:45:48 AM
"
sirgog wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Something that bugs me:

It's impossible to farm them until merciless, and the problems with items start at act 3 cruel...

You won't need them in Cruel. You might need to trade to get through Cruel, but you won't need to invest in this crafting system.

With prices like these, this crafting system is clearly oriented to level 60-80 characters who can afford to invest that level of currency in fixing their 'almost but not quite good enough' items to then beat some of the real progression hurdles.

I don't know, this video showed way more reasonable prices for low-level gear.

3 alchs for a mod? I'm down for it if that piece of gear deserves it.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Something that bugs me:

My guess would be that earlier on, the mods for the lower level items that can be crafted, will cost less.

That's my take on it as well. We don't know yet how long it takes to unlock the higher tiers, so the more expensive ones will possibly not even be available before Merciless.
oh c'mon Chris, show us something new. u know, neeew :)
this sucks i hope the 64 life isn't at max level of haku...
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
morbo wrote:
Hey, not sure if this was answered already:

What is the "scope" of these masters when you level them up?

Do they become available everywhere, per account?
Are they levelled up per league, or even per character?

Per account, per league. Master progress from a temp league transfers to the parent league (though I am not sure how this works; Chris didn't specify if reputation was just added on, or if you got the best of the two accumulated bennies). =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Sori3n wrote:
so dual wield 2 handers basically confirmed?
or are those just really big one handers?

Back in CB, Chris confirmed plans for a DW 2H passive. He's said nothing about it, since, and I kinda figgered balancing didn't work out. Mebbe it isn't dead, after all? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info