[1.2][Beyond] Crit Ice Nova Build w/ Glacial Cascade (Work in Progress)

I stopped using the CS+CoH+AM to curse. Really need that 3 or 4L for Cold Snap to freeze stuff properly.

I went for EB but it's almost overkill as I have 2.1k mana at lvl 58 so I haven't been using Vaal Discipline. Will have to play around with it.
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEAelLJxJsgLjBULQ9UGWrrNMs5f0UlOXlT1fbRlqQ8BUCPRQMBEP216smFXGOlhfKnRV2wuCHhSwTC2P-sHFiELyHWSd6_VJUfDVDkgRll3ycFKJ03DV34RCw4w2Av5h4lVLFr8mlSKBnqFWSo48F1RjQ-vuuJNTUkWdmuCCxyj6xp4Qfwx9L2_ZE3C77Bj56OQijmT3prb6KU-Ffc36fIMRLX_GflmfAcu9B2NdxrUE73wy0UVHRtcmPBbzL52f3zwF7SDhc4uM3fNgbYKbc7PsOJBVp4QaOPBr0eSNglPU

This is the final build I decided on for making Ice Nova work in Ramp if anyone was interested in that.
Akumos/Xenoith/Toccata.
doing a frost nova shadow:

could need some help from u guys... just updated my post! help would be welcome!
I went witch. focus on fast casting /// crit and max aoe/ for boxes and get away I use freeze mine.
I feel that for a nova build GC is a waste of time. SO far no problem with single targe. Vaal haste + haste is very nice

"
JohmaSho wrote:
Ugh just Ripped at 59 to a desynch on a rare box with freeze and an exile, wishing I hadn't opened it that said love the build remaking it.

Ouch, sorry about the rip :(

Glad you'll be remaking though. Did you also decide to level with glacial cascade or were you able to make it work with ice nova?[/quote]

I did Ice Nova and GC on the first run leveling with GC on second run is much smoother back up to Merc tonight.
http://www.twitch.tv/johmasho
Also have been rocking ice nova, feels very powerful:) loving lw+coh+assassins mark setup.
anyone pwning with this build in Beyond league?
Having a great time with a slightly modified version of this build on Rampage. My current point allocation at level 83 is this:
"

I decided to make the build more party-oriented, so I made a few deviations there. The aura and mana nodes allow me to run Clarity + Discipline + Herald of Ice on my mana while having enough max mana and regen to spam cast any of my spells indefinitely. The curse nodes were a large point sink, but thus far they've proven invaluable. To not spend too much time cursing, and to gain even more Curse Effect % I use Curse on Hit + Ball Lightning. My current curses are Assassin's Mark + Temporal Chains, but I'm considering dropping TC for Elemental Weakness and seeing how that plays. Conduit seemed like a natural fit for a build that constantly generates tons of Power Charges, keeping my party totally capped out without always relying on the kills from Assassin's Mark. I was having survivability problems with the build even with a cold Doryani's Invitation, since I don't have a Cloak of Defiance nor the points to burn for MoM. Getting Ghost Reaver really helped a ton in that department, since flasks can be used to easily sustain my life while leech keeps a good portion of my ES intact for big hits. I run a Vaal Discipline solo in an Unset Ring, and having that "oh shit" cooldown saves my life when I get in trouble. I've done parties on maps as high as 75 and I provide a large chunk of DPS and solid crowd control.

Great build, I really enjoy playing it. Thanks.
Thank you so much, i have been looking for a Ice Nova build for awhile and after i found your build i started it.
I hit 66 today finally able to use the Divinarius's I saved up for :D

Just wondering what crit chance should i stop at??
atm with 6 power charges I have just under 50% (49.3?)chance to crit thats with (Nova,FC,ML,IAE),
if i ever get a 5L or hoping a 6L what do you think i should do?

also wow GC does so much damage even without links
Last edited by SirKalkanor on Oct 18, 2014, 9:51:20 PM
I'm aghast you didn't hit Mind Barrier for the "max" block/spellblock. It's right there!

This almost mirrored my current build but some things don't make sense. Specifically your gear / link selection

your curses on hit, really?? sick amulet is unhappy.
3link on the cold snap? (added cold/ increased crit strikes) cmonnnn

I don't think crit is the best course of action for Ice Nova.
no spell dmg & only spell crit chance on the shield = not that great.

life leech as a % is not helped by your cold penetration. perhaps life on hit particularly if nova is for packs. (i'm unsure if spell echo makes life on hit essentially double)

i know herald of thunder wasn't out yet at the time you posted, but now, i'd definitely recommend it for ice nova. that + added lightning dmg i seem to shock a lot.
Last edited by AdmBmb on Nov 1, 2014, 2:43:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info