GGG, please optimize the Dominus fight.

My PC isn't very highend, however I can every single zone in this game with very minimal lag. Every zone except for the Dominus fight. I've seen the topic brought up before so it's obvious that other people experience lag other than me.

Other players have come to the conclusion that the main source of lag is the rain that is present in the fight. GGG has stated that they don't want to remove the rain as it takes away from the ambience of the fight.

That is their view and I respect that, however because of the laginess of the fight I cannot play any Hardcore leagues because I will die with 100% certainty unless I get someone else to kill Dominus for me. Alongside that, I also cannot complete Residence and Palace maps due to the lag.

I think that a disable weather option under Video in the options would be beneficial to everyone and from my limited knowledge of coding it doesn't seem too hard to implement. Those who are fine with the weather can simply leave it unchecked, however it would be a godsend to people like myself who are limited in their gameplay by something as trivial as weather.

TL;DR Dominus fight has a lot of lag for me and other players, implementing an option to remove weather would most likely fix this and it would be unobtrusive to other players.
Last edited by velpar on Aug 4, 2014, 8:29:39 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
What is your hardware? Because if you have bad and old hardware it is only your problem.

Also, I'm pretty sure residence dominus doesn't have rain.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Aug 5, 2014, 12:02:11 AM
I agree. The game runs perfect until the imperial gardens, and in the fight with Dominus goes to hell.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Either my machine is too good to lag during the Dominus fight or the instance is optimized.

Don't know which case is true, and I'm running on the highest settings unless I'm in a party.
The devs have stated they don't want options to turn certain graphics completely off, because then players who use those options would never even be aware that those graphics were there. Which makes sense, actually; if you have an old machine, chances are you'd set the graphics options early and you'd go through the game without even once turning those graphics back on so you could see them.

That said, I'm totally in favor of graphics options which makes some of the graphics in the game fuckloads more blurry in order to optimize performance. You'd still know they're there, even if you'd need to turn the options back up to see precisely what they are. :)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 5, 2014, 1:56:27 AM
My PC get as loud as a aircraft when i start to fight dominus II...
Give a man a fish, and you can feed him for a day.
But give a fish a man, and you can feed it for a month.
"

And that is a good indication of what is causing performance issue's, it's definitely the game and not your airflow/GPU heatsink and fans/case/everything else in your PC.
It'd be great if that "bug" where portaling out before the Dominus fight changed the lighting to the Demon's was still in. Unobtrusive, doesn't effect the rest of the game's weather, still looks creepy and kills most that fps eating rain and fog. Why did it ever get axed.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"

And that is a good indication of what is causing performance issue's, it's definitely the game and not your airflow/GPU heatsink and fans/case/everything else in your PC.

Why did you come in this thread? To fanboy around and flame others? God forbid the fight is poorly optimized on GGG's part.

I have between 80 and 120 fps anywhere in the game,Dominus drops me to 20-40.
Last edited by AusterlitZ on Aug 5, 2014, 3:30:25 AM
"
AusterlitZ wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"

Why did you come in this thread? To fanboy around and flame others? God forbid the fight is poorly optimized on GGG's part.

I have between 80 and 120 fps anywhere in the game,Dominus drops me to 20-40.

Yeah, because what I said isn't logical at all.... Please kid, if people have performance issue's they should at least understand how their computer works and what could cause issue's, not just say stuff like "my computer is loud", because there is far too many people that complain about things like this and it ends up being their computer that is the issue. And I'm not saying it's not a problem with the game.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Aug 5, 2014, 3:54:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info