Hack's Dual Cybil's Incinerator Tank ( MoM + AA + High Block/Spell Block + Life Gain)

Re-worked for 1.2 now as a Shadow.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1036951

Last edited by Hackusations on Sep 3, 2014, 2:46:12 PM
Any reason you don't take elemental dominion at witch start? 20% elemental damage looks better than the 3 8% projectile nodes you take, unless the added chaos is that big of a factor.
"
Chittebengo wrote:
Any reason you don't take elemental dominion at witch start? 20% elemental damage looks better than the 3 8% projectile nodes you take, unless the added chaos is that big of a factor.

It might be worth dropping a projectile node to pick up Elemental Domination simply because it has 20int and the bigger the mana pool the better for this build, but to answer your question yes the added chaos is the most important component to incinerate's damage and we want nodes that indiscriminately scale all of incinerate. Added Chaos might only be adding 1/3 of the sheet DPS, but in use due to the lack of chaos resist on mobs and even bosses in PoE it is almost effectively doubling the damage.
Really nice ideas you have there! Might try that after the mini expansion.

Thank you
Added an update regarding using and not using Kaom's Roots for Unwavering.
What about running a Lightning Coil with this? How much do you need that ES from the chest and can you run a Purity of light to make up for the Coil?

Lastly I can't believe you went with Faster Casting instead of Fire Penetration.
Last edited by MartinDeShade on Aug 3, 2014, 3:13:09 AM
"
MartinDeShade wrote:
What about running a Lightning Coil with this? How much do you need that ES from the chest and can you run a Purity of light to make up for the Coil?

Lastly I can't believe you went with Faster Casting instead of Fire Penetration.

My first idea for this dual cybil build was starting Templar for a high strength iron will incinerator using lightning coil, running clarity/PoL/Grace, going into Marauder for another +2 max resists for 83 overall, and getting 22% in reduced mana cost nodes instead of starting Witch and going EB/MoM. There were 2 problems.

The first was that while 20/20 iron will with just 400str added more effective DPS than both fire pen and faster casting, without increasing the mana cost, I was losing about 1/4th of the potential life gain on hit per second I could have been getting with faster casting. That is like ~300/sec or more when shotgunning bosses and a 1000/sec or more when fighting packs. So I realized faster casting was a must and GL trying to get a GBBBB 5L lightning coil.

The second problem was that lightning coil is actually not great for tanking damage. It allows otherwise squishy characters to absorb big physical hits enough so they don't get insta-gibbed and can move away, but with incinerate tanking you have to stand there and take them. What kept happening was occasional mob crits would triple shock stack me and I'd be taking insane damage that not even dual cybil could heal through. Worst I believe the conversion is calculated before Immortal Call's immunity to physical is considered so you could still end up getting shock stacked from physical attacks while IC was up.

As for faster casting vs fire pen as I said above the added healing potential is a must. Faster casting is essentially this build's life leech gem. However, beyond that when it comes to Incinerate the added chaos support is 2nd only to GMP and faster casting scales that component of the damage as well when fire pen doesn't.

Just for fun I switch in a lvl 1 Incinerate just to see how much a zero quality lvl 19 added chaos was really doing and it was better than when Incinerate was lvl 17 using fire pen.
Last edited by Hackusations on Aug 3, 2014, 5:08:13 AM
Have you considered using The Three Dragons Golden Mask and getting the Static Blows cluster?
You might want to think about using Vaal Spark. The normal problem of Vaal spark is the death by reflect problem, but with 16 life for every hit you should be able heal past it. I would use GMP, Chain and Light Penetration. To get the reflect damage down.
Last edited by MartinDeShade on Aug 4, 2014, 11:45:48 PM
"
Zoristir wrote:
Have you considered using The Three Dragons Golden Mask and getting the Static Blows cluster?

It's viable, but probably better for high spell power pure fire incinerators who can actually get shock stacks on high life mobs. Just not a big enough fire hit to shock anything but trash.

"
MartinDeShade wrote:
You might want to think about using Vaal Spark. The normal problem of Vaal spark is the death by reflect problem, but with 16 life for every hit you should be able heal past it. I would use GMP, Chain and Light Penetration. To get the reflect damage down.

Yeah, Vaal Spark would be really good. It is just the lack of sockets that is the problem. Depending on how the new tree is looks it might be worth getting unwavering and dropping kaom's roots. Then I could have a 4L for Vaal Spark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info