Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Passive tree changes, Will we get to see it before expansion?

iirc chris released an offline tree more or less 12 hours before sotv went live

I hope that GGG has learned from their past decisions on this and gives us access to the passive tree via some form or another at least one day ahead of time. Honestly, they need to stop worrying about what people will think if they make some last minute changes...by that time, things are usually done about 95-99% of the way and final tweaks are being made, but most of the foundational work is already in place. At least in terms of the skill tree, and while I am aware that they will work on it until the last minute, that's no longer a good enough excuse to withhold it from us.

Really, most people should be big enough boys and girls to understand this, and GGG could at least add a big disclaimer that says: "WARNING! PASSIVE TREE CHANGES ARE NOT FINAL! REPEAT...PASSIVE CHANGES ARE NOT FINAL AND SOME THINGS MAY CHANGE AT THE LAST MINUTE!"

At least this will give people a chance to get a solid grasp on planning new builds and making most of the choices they will want, and with the warning in place, perhaps err a little on the side of caution if something does change at the last second. And to those who will invariably whine because they cannot read a warning...too bad, so sad, stop being bad and READ THE FUCKING WARNING! ...Ok, the last part was a bit harsh, but I'm sure you get the idea. :P That all said, I do hope that GGG gives us a way to look at the passive tree early.
Hmm. I may have dreamed the event, but I remember ZiggyD revealing the tree to people a couple of days before launch for SotV. I'm pretty sure Chris gave him the 'ok' to show it on his stream and it was posted on reddit and the forums, here, soon after.

A number of people were concerned that we wouldn't see the tree until the game went live. I'm pretty sure they'll do it again.
"
PeachieMark wrote:
Last time they released the tree a couple days early to give people a little time to plan builds. I would really like to have it a week early, since the tree is so complicated, and it can take a while to really understand the new pathing and passives. I'm sure they'll at least give us those two days if not more though.

The problem with expecting the tree days in advance is that GGG often finetune the tree up until the day the expansion releases so even if we got a tree days in advance many things might be out of date by the time the expansion is released.

Honestly, if they can do the same thing they did last expansion and let me fiddle around with the tree a few hours before release, I'll be happy.
They gave us the new passive tree for the offline skill tree simulator about a week before SoTV IIRC.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
I have issues with this tinkering till the day of release. It would be so beneficial to players to give us the changes in advance.

Why are they tinkering up to the final hour? Somewhere in that is the admission that its not finished, its just as finished as they could manage right up to the last minute. I hate that, I hate that the changes are never finished, always rushed, always "this is where we got to and we will pick up again next time where we left off".

Theyre still going to be developing this game up until the point where no ones playing it any more, we will never play a finished game where theyve actually got around to fixing everything. The promise of no character wipes from the start of open beta was just bullshit, they will keep destroying our characters forever and tinkering with shit, redeveloping and changing their mind and redeveloping again and again and again. I feel like they have no intention of ever finishing their game, we are still in open beta, will always be in open beta and everything we work towards with our characters will always be open to being destroyed next time they want to experiment with the game at our expense. We will always come second to their self indulgent tinkering with their toy, the players will never get to experience a finished game where everything that should work and be viable actually works and is viable, it drives me nuts.

Im so sick of playing a game in beta stage of development, Im sick of being a tester, Im sick of a game not only full of flaws but actually accumulating new flaws as it goes along and their experimenting lands hits and misses that may or may not be changed and then changed again at an undisclosed future date while this infinite open beta game lives and dies as a work in progress.

Yeah we fucked leech but thats ok, we can unfuck it again at a later date and maybe we will fuck eldritch battery in doing so and thats ok too because some time in the future we can change it all again, and if you are a player who was using one of these mechanics sry but thats what you get for being a beta tester in a beta game thats still in the experimental stages of development where nothing is set in stone.... Fine, you want that GGG? fine, then put the fucking open beta tags back on your game where they belong and explain to your players that they are testers and not customers.

/retard on a rant, yeah yeah I know, shoot me.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I have issues with this tinkering till the day of release. It would be so beneficial to players to give us the changes in advance.

Why are they tinkering up to the final hour? Somewhere in that is the admission that its not finished, its just as finished as they could manage right up to the last minute. I hate that, I hate that the changes are never finished, always rushed, always "this is where we got to and we will pick up again next time where we left off".

Theyre still going to be developing this game up until the point where no ones playing it any more, we will never play a finished game where theyve actually got around to fixing everything. The promise of no character wipes from the start of open beta was just bullshit, they will keep destroying our characters forever and tinkering with shit, redeveloping and changing their mind and redeveloping again and again and again. I feel like they have no intention of ever finishing their game, we are still in open beta, will always be in open beta and everything we work towards with our characters will always be open to being destroyed next time they want to experiment with the game at our expense. We will always come second to their self indulgent tinkering with their toy, the players will never get to experience a finished game where everything that should work and be viable actually works and is viable, it drives me nuts.

Im so sick of playing a game in beta stage of development, Im sick of being a tester, Im sick of a game not only full of flaws but actually accumulating new flaws as it goes along and their experimenting lands hits and misses that may or may not be changed and then changed again at an undisclosed future date while this infinite open beta game lives and dies as a work in progress.

Yeah we fucked leech but thats ok, we can unfuck it again at a later date and maybe we will fuck eldritch battery in doing so and thats ok too because some time in the future we can change it all again, and if you are a player who was using one of these mechanics sry but thats what you get for being a beta tester in a beta game thats still in the experimental stages of development where nothing is set in stone.... Fine, you want that GGG? fine, then put the fucking open beta tags back on your game where they belong and explain to your players that they are testers and not customers.

/retard on a rant, yeah yeah I know, shoot me.

Dude relax, it's just a game.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
:D I know jah, Im an unsufferable twat, we all know that, but sometimes a thing needs said and it falls on us loudmouth gooftards to throw it out there.
Personally i think it would be beneficial to the community if GGG "fixed" there passive tree like 2 days prior to release and pre-release it to tinker with.

I am sure they could do some other work in the 2 days after this that don't necessarily influence the passive tree anymore.

(given the content release, it appears to me that a lot of stuff is passive tree un-related, so in theory they could shift this to the last 2 days and complete the passive tree upfront)

But i am biased, i love spending hours behind that damned off-line tree calculator :O).

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info