Skill tree redesign for witch/shadow/ranger, PVP changes ?

Well this is good news, finally some changes are coming out and they will probably affect the pvp scene a bit like we have been waiting for a long ass time now.

I'm not going to lie i was already hyped with just this line that they said:

"
We've redesigned large portions of the Passive Skill Tree - mostly focusing on the Witch, Shadow and outer Ranger areas.

We've also made extensive balance improvements to the core game that are supported by these changes.

All players will receive an optional one-off passive tree reset so that they can adjust their characters to these changes.

So the witch area got a huge redesign which might be an indicator that they improved it and more casters will emerge in PVP ? I feel really lonely right now, i can count them on my hand that are really into pvp.

If you look at the picture the tree looks really different in those areas, the crit nodes seems to have been reworked and everything else nearby as well it seems. Definatly some changes will accur for caster builds in pvp. Take a look for exemple at Doom cast node in our current witch side tree right between CI nodes and EB, it looks like it became a 3 cluster node instead of the 60% spell crit one, that's so interesting lol i could tell the same for a lot of other ones. The top nodes have been massively reworked and that looks so much better, i'm actually wondering what the fuck is there now.

For shadows in pvp i can already see a change on the tree picture that they posted, i dont see nightstalker anymore which is right next to doom cast 60% dagger crit 10% es and 16% phyd, it has become a smaller cluster which is rly interesting. The start seemed to have changed a lot as well i dont see assasination nodes anymore ( crit at the begining etc ). Hell even claws seems to have been their nodes reworked which is rly cool.

Unfortunatly we cant see the ranger yet but the infos will be leaked soon anyway, just wanted to share the hype a bit ;)

Really hoping that it will improve the pvp gameplay like we have been waiting for so long !

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
Well this is good news, finally some changes are coming out and they will probably affect the pvp scene a bit like we have been waiting for a long ass time now.

I'm not going to lie i was already hyped with just this line that they said:

"
We've redesigned large portions of the Passive Skill Tree - mostly focusing on the Witch, Shadow and outer Ranger areas.

We've also made extensive balance improvements to the core game that are supported by these changes.

All players will receive an optional one-off passive tree reset so that they can adjust their characters to these changes.

So the witch area got a huge redesign which might be an indicator that they improved it and more casters will emerge in PVP ? I feel really lonely right now, i can count them on my hand that are really into pvp.

If you look at the picture the tree looks really different in those areas, the crit nodes seems to have been reworked and everything else nearby as well it seems. Definatly some changes will accur for caster builds in pvp. Take a look for exemple at Doom cast node in our current witch side tree right between CI nodes and EB, it looks like it became a 3 cluster node instead of the 60% spell crit one, that's so interesting lol i could tell the same for a lot of other ones. The top nodes have been massively reworked and that looks so much better, i'm actually wondering what the fuck is there now.

For shadows in pvp i can already see a change on the tree picture that they posted, i dont see nightstalker anymore which is right next to doom cast 60% dagger crit 10% es and 16% phyd, it has become a smaller cluster which is rly interesting. The start seemed to have changed a lot as well i dont see assasination nodes anymore ( crit at the begining etc ). Hell even claws seems to have been their nodes reworked which is rly cool.

Unfortunatly we cant see the ranger yet but the infos will be leaked soon anyway, just wanted to share the hype a bit ;)

Really hoping that it will improve the pvp gameplay like we have been waiting for so long !

Got 85 and 92 witch I might specc for PvP :D
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Hoping they are going for a node with resistance penetration for spells (like the the trap node high explosives but for spells). It is a commonly requested thing from PvE players as well as elemental casters can have a somewhat hard time with curse resistant elemental resistant mobs. Could be really fun in pvp and making me look less stupid for not using EK as a spell caster :P

And we also have the curse rework comming up that could also be big. I at least hope so as they are in a bad spot atm being both OP on their own and hard countered to UPness by warding flasks. Would be nice if they could change that and make curses a valid thing to build with in PvP by nerfing both the total immunity granted by warding and also massivly nerfing curses themselfs (or making players not be fully affected by curses just like bosses are).

Anyway this is a damn exiting patch to wait for as a caster!
Last edited by Grildrak on Jul 31, 2014, 1:31:19 PM
"
Grildrak wrote:
Hoping they are going for a node with resistance penetration for spells (like the the trap node high explosives but for spells). It is a commonly requested thing from PvE players as well as elemental casters can have a somewhat hard time with curse resistant elemental resistant mobs. Could be really fun in pvp and making me look less stupid for not using EK as a spell caster :P

And we also have the curse rework comming up that could also be big. I at least hope so as they are in a bad spot atm being both OP on their own and hard countered to UPness by warding flasks. Would be nice if they could change that and make curses a valid thing to build with in PvP by nerfing both the total immunity granted by warding and also massivly nerfing curses themselfs (or making players not be fully affected by curses just like bosses are).

Anyway this is a damn exiting patch to wait for as a caster!

Yep this is damn interesting, i'd also like having spell resist pen nodes.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
"
Grildrak wrote:
Hoping they are going for a node with resistance penetration for spells.

Good thinking. That would make ele spells much more viable compared to EK. Although molten would be even more deadly in that case.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
Grildrak wrote:
Hoping they are going for a node with resistance penetration for spells.

Good thinking. That would make ele spells much more viable compared to EK. Although molten would be even more deadly in that case.

Ya but Molten Shell is the problem there, not ele pen.
IGN: @GreenDude
I think that the new bench crafting might bring quite big changes just as the vaal orbs did.

Before vaal orbs no one was able to use +1 tabulas and all the other nifty corrupted stats that are now considered vital for making certain builds.

The hype is real

Also Im really curious how the new changes to the witch tree will affect my lld build. I wasnt able to see that many life nodes close by.
Chris said that they might have buffed life per level to compensate, but I hope that also means that life nodes in other areas were also decreased in quantity.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Aug 1, 2014, 7:25:46 AM
I can't wait to see the new skill tree!I've got a witch, shadow, Ranger, duelist and marauder all at decent levels ready to respect into PvP builds once I've had a chance to see which class will work best with the PvP build I have in mind.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
I can't wait to see the new skill tree!I've got a witch, shadow, Ranger, duelist and marauder all at decent levels ready to respect into PvP builds once I've had a chance to see which class will work best with the PvP build I have in mind.

same her all except duellist rdy to rumble..

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
anyone noticed the 10% physical return block node on shadow side? Are there more new additions to nodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info