Economic Principles in the Context of “Path of Exile”

"
HasuKishi wrote:
This thread is too fancifully spoken for my feeble mind :P. I'll let you economics people discuss this through, and when you all come to a general consensus, I would be happy to read a dumbed-down version of it.

Agreed. It'd be even better for me if there were pictures to go along with it. :)
In simple terms: It is ok if the system is rigged, because most people have an inflated belief in their own outcomes... or many people react to this as: "heck, yeah, I'm gonna get filthy rich!"

One three letter word: "Fun"

This is from the perspective of the beginning of the 4 (3) month leagues. Where the economy hasn't run off the rails yet, but it's gonna, and you might just strike it filthy rich.

Yes, for standard, and even the parent hardcore league, this doesn't really cut it... which is why I recommend the challenge leagues... because indeed a reset is one solution to an economy running off the rails. But what cuts it for standard might not cut it for a shorter duration hardcore league.

But god, I love our first world problems...

(Let's take up donations to help feed that baby in Lion Eye's Watch.)
one question:

"
rigged
???
Broccolini
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
I have two questions. The first one is slightly rude, sorry :

1) Do you really expect every person that posts here to read everything? Some people may have insightful things to add, even with only skimming throuhg everything. There are loads of heavy posts, and the discussion will become harder to read as the number of pages increases. Honestly, I didn't read everything (you can throw your rocks at me now).

2) What would happen to the economy if the rarities of Eternals and Mirrors were switched, and mirrored items made mirrorable? My basis on the question is the belief that, with more easily accessible mirrors, top items would be accessible to more players, thus giving players the chance to close in the gap with the rich ones. Plus, the reduction in eternal drop rates would make it harder to get to the best gear, thus incentivising some players to become crafters, and others to become traders, without having either inaccessible to more recent players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info