So the Xpac is followers?

"
Charan wrote:

Hey, I have an idea. There's this other game that has mercenaries/followers. Have you tried it?

which one? .....
mercs would have been sweet
I dont see any any key!
"
Warmey wrote:
"
Charan wrote:

Hey, I have an idea. There's this other game that has mercenaries/followers. Have you tried it?

which one? .....

I was thinking Diviniablosiegelightagegate 3...We call it D3 for short.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
k1rage wrote:

I'll give you a serious answer, because unlike some, you haven't been posting negative shit all over the place for days now.

Mercenaries would conflict with the basic premise of Wraeclast as a savage land in which survival is all about serving yourself, not others. Also, they would have been a complete bitch to balance. Finally, compared to Masters (npcs who grant you 'power' in return for your assistance, which you may provide repeated times), Mercenaries just wouldn't do enough to further the game content.

Oh, and they're a big fuck you to people who want to solo, because many of us see mercenaries as contrary to that. Guild Wars 1 had mercenaries and they were shit. Infamously useless. It was only when they introduced Heroes that things became decent, and heroes were a whole other level of micromanagement. You just couldn't do that in an ARPG. Mercenaries here would be a shitstorm of questionable AI and accusations of unoriginal content.

Mercenaries would not have drawn me back. Masters do.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 17, 2014, 9:00:16 PM
Mercs would sweet for solo players
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

See above. That's all the answer I've got for you. Should GGG ever disagree and introduce mercenaries, I hope they do so in a way that makes sense. Masters definitely make sense to me -- geniuses of survival who've watched to see if the Exile is worthy of their favour, revealing themselves only upon deciding it is worth their time.
"
Charan wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

See above. That's all the answer I've got for you. Should GGG ever disagree and introduce mercenaries, I hope they do so in a way that makes sense. Masters definitely make sense to me -- geniuses of survival who've watched to see if the Exile is worthy of their favour, revealing themselves only upon deciding it is worth their time.

Stop making so much sense lol
I dont see any any key!
but dominus has mercs
got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
"
Charan wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

I'll give you a serious answer, because unlike some, you haven't been posting negative shit all over the place for days now.

Mercenaries would conflict with the basic premise of Wraeclast as a savage land in which survival is all about serving yourself, not others. Also, they would have been a complete bitch to balance. Finally, compared to Masters (npcs who grant you 'power' in return for your assistance, which you may provide repeated times), Mercenaries just wouldn't do enough to further the game content.

Oh, and they're a big fuck you to people who want to solo, because many of us see mercenaries as contrary to that. Guild Wars 1 had mercenaries and they were shit. Infamously useless. It was only when they introduced Heroes that things became decent, and heroes were a whole other level of micromanagement. You just couldn't do that in an ARPG. Mercenaries here would be a shitstorm of questionable AI and accusations of unoriginal content.

Ohhh the horror stories I could tell using Mercs in Guild Wars.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
"
Charan wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

Ohhh the horror stories I could tell using Mercs in Guild Wars.

well guild wars was a completely different kind of game but I do recognize that adding mercs (at least good mercs) would force GGG to re-balance the whole game.

Im still pro merc, i think D2 brain washed me
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info