Went AFK last night...

Also check the capacitors on your mobo. If they are rounded on top then shieeeeet.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
I removed the card a couple times yeah. But not I never bothered trying to take the mobo battery out, I'll give that a try.

It is a HIS, as opposed to the Sapphire. It is under warranty still I believe, yeah.

I checked my mobo and card capacitors and nothing has split or become rounded up at the top.
So as far as the capacitors go, they look ok.

I'll try removing the battery. I also am going to "RMA" this one I guess.

My issue is that I want to play lol. I may just buy a new one. I'll still rma this one though.

Someone on Tom's Hardware mentioned that a large TV would cause stress on the card? I thought it was resolution, rather than size but I don't know. It's a 42" (107 cm about) HD TV, 1080p. I have a monitor now though, I just didn't have one before and I hooked my computer right to my TV. I also only have an i5 750 but as far as I know that wouldn't cause an issue for the card in terms of hardware.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jul 30, 2014, 9:31:00 AM
How's your power box? I had two fail me already and the symptoms were similar - no activity at all.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

I suspect his power supply is not the issue given that everything else is still doing fine. But the energy supply line for your graphic card might be out of order. You can check it with any Hardware Monitor out there and research what the expected numbers for each line on your power supply are.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 30, 2014, 10:15:55 AM
(First off thanks for the responses so far)

I have a Corsair 750 PSU, which despite the huge amount of wires and size (it isn't one of those ones designed to minimize the space required), is supposedly a nice PSU. It is also only a year old (I got the card, PSU, and hard drive all at the same time, right before my PoE join date which is about a year ago). But yeah everything runs, all the fans and stuff, and with the other card it ran fine when I tested it. Which is what makes me think it is likely just the card.

So do you mean the line to the card from the PSU (Nightmare)? Yeah I can check that, once I can get the OS to boot up. I have short blue wires that go into the card, and they connect to the PSU line. They are blue so they look cool lol. But I do have a spare set, maybe those aren't good. Im hoping it isn't the PSU as well.

Since the extra card worked, I'm hoping it is just the card since at least I know then. It sucks, but at least I know how to rectify that. Although the card I used had a water block, so it didn't have a fan to power up. Maybe that's why it powered up, if it is actually the PSU.
Im hoping not though.
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Did you reset your BIOS already? I forgot to tell you to save or write down the current settings in case you have no idea what all the settings in it are about. Sorry if I caused any trouble with my suggestion.
Fukk I somehow missed the part where he said that rest of the rig works lol.

I blame the monitor. Can you tell if the os uploads after start? I can by the sounds of the drive etc. but maybe your is quicker.

I didn't reset the BIOS already, but my brother set it up to start and I'm pretty sure it's just stock stuff mostly. He will know though.

I decided to get a card locally and I threw it in, boom done. Works fine again. Now my only issue is whether or not something caused the card to die in a year on my end. Perhaps the big screen? No idea. I have a monitor now but no speakers yet.

But yeah I got an R9 270x, since it is a slightly better version of my old 7870 at a cheaper price. I never had an issue with my old card (other than it dying lol), so I decided to grab that since they aren't super expensive. I suppose I will send the old one back since I already got a new one. It is running at like 40-45 C right now.

But thanks for all the help and suggestions. Im a novice with building PCs.

I ended up checking temperature differences between the monitor and TV and didn't notice anything significant. It was on average like two degrees different (but that could be just randomness, I didn't run it long to really be thorough I just checked). I also have to check my power as suggested with a Hw monitor still.
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jul 30, 2014, 4:03:53 PM
Parts die. My netcard went in the first year.

Remember not every piece is built perfectly and bad ones get through. That said, if it happens again, there's a larger problem.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Parts die. My netcard went in the first year.

Remember not every piece is built perfectly and bad ones get through. That said, if it happens again, there's a larger problem.

Yeah generally that is how I'm feeling about it, just a luck kind of thing. I happened to get one that died pretty quick. Plus I am on that PC a lot too, that computer works its ass off. Hopefully that's all it was. And it isn't like a I have a water cooling system or anything.

And whatever I can do to help the situation I guess I should keep in mind. The TV, etc.
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jul 30, 2014, 4:15:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info