Went AFK last night...

And came back to a black screen. PC isn't running. It runs, but no video. Not sure what the issue is, I looked in my mobo manual and I've concluded that I'm just an idiot with PCs and probably should just get a ps4 or something. I was at 87 in the one month and just rolled like 8 76+ maps, then boom.

Not being able to play PoE sucks big time. Guess I'll have to play the old consoles. FML.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
your video card probably overheated
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jul 29, 2014, 7:25:34 AM
Unplug the power from your pc for a few seconds, should help. Happens to me from time to time, it's either overheating or you could have had a power surge.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
getting POST beeps?

sounds a bit like overheating.

leave it for a few hours and try again.
Yeah I I tried letting it sit, nothing. It is weird though, m PC never runs hot (CPU or GPU or anything). I have a four year old mobo and CPU, my card though is a year old 7870. The fans in the card and everything else still run. Sounds normal.

If it doesn't go back on I'm just going to upgrade my mobo and CPU. If I have to, the card. But I really hope it isn't the new card. As far as beeps I can't listen to them. I don't have any way to, I don't think. I do have phase leds lit up, and the meaning is CPU loading. So I dunno.
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jul 29, 2014, 3:56:52 PM
Could be your harddrive ?
Like RIP byebye.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
I got a card from my brother to try and it turns out it was the card. One year old, the newest thing on the computer other than the RAM and PSU. That sucks.

I have a few bucks to spend on one. I would probably go to $300 USD. I'm thinking of getting an Nvidia since PoE apparently runs better with them.
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jul 29, 2014, 4:07:10 PM
"
BoltThrower87 wrote:
I got a card from my brother to try and it turns out it was the card. One year old, the newest thing on the computer other than the RAM and PSU. That sucks.

I have a few bucks to spend on one. I would probably go to $300 USD. I'm thinking of getting an Nvidia since PoE apparently runs better with them.

Did you try to put back your old card again?

I had this issue with many of my past old machines. It's some strange bug which can make an appearance, especially if you happen to have an onboard GPU aswell. I always got around it in either having a second card I could replace it with temporarily like you did or alter between the onboard graphics and the original one.

Try to reset your BIOS in removing the battery for some seconds aswell. Normally you can easily finger it out with your nails.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 29, 2014, 4:42:56 PM
If you have a sapphire 7870, it was a black serie (no racist pun intended). Literally half of them were defective. I had one, it broke on day 1.
Been replaced with a R9 270X, much better.
"
BoltThrower87 wrote:

isnt that still under warranty then?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info