[Video Guides]Beginners Compendium to PoE - Watch These To Get Started With The Game [Updated 03/10]

"
Shade444 wrote:
Nice of you that you are helping new players :)

I appreciate you saying that Shade, thank you! Let me know if there is anything I can help you with :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hi,

I'm looking to return to PoE. I played mainly HC during beta. I'm looking for suggestions for a build for 1.2. It basically needs:

*Can be played in HC
*Needs to be relatively cheap. I don't have tons of time to play for best in slot gear.
*Would prefer ranged over melee

I was thinking maybe an EK or a dual totem build but I have no idea where to start or even if they are cheap. The forums here are basically flooded with a ton of builds and it makes it hard to figure out which are legit and which are going to fail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"
Dman85 wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking to return to PoE. I played mainly HC during beta. I'm looking for suggestions for a build for 1.2. It basically needs:

*Can be played in HC
*Needs to be relatively cheap. I don't have tons of time to play for best in slot gear.
*Would prefer ranged over melee

I was thinking maybe an EK or a dual totem build but I have no idea where to start or even if they are cheap. The forums here are basically flooded with a ton of builds and it makes it hard to figure out which are legit and which are going to fail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Dman!

EK is going to be pretty strong in this patch, especially if starting out as a shadow. If you want to play an EK character, then definitely go for it. If you construct a skill-tree post it here and I will be happy to give you some input :)

Tomorrow when the patch goes live I am going to update my beginners fireball carpet bomber witch. This build is great for new players as it doesn't require any expensive gear, but it still manages to do well in high level maps, that could be an option as well! :)

The link to the build can be found here:

Forum thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/977866

Video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQaDkkTWHMQ

Within the following week of release I will further add 2 additional beginner friendly but very powerful builds as well. One of them is a 2-handed sword doublestrike and vaal cyclone ranger and the other one is a magic finder searing bond templar :)
New video added to the OP:

Path of Exile: Beginner Tips - How To Buy Items For Your Character: The Auction House Of PoE

Kind regards
LNB

Path of Exile: Beginner Tips - Using The Chaos/Regal Orb Recipe To Get Wealthy!

Kind regards
LNB

11. Path of Exile: 11 Tips, Tricks & Mechanics/Features You Might Not Know Of!

Kind regards
LNB
New guide added to the OP:

12. Path Of Exile: The Fastest Way To Efficiently Progress Through Act 2!

Kind regards
LNB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info