Interest List for a SC HLD Tournament (20 signed up so far)

If you have a problem with RMTers in the game, I believe this is a matter that should be reported to GGG.

I am in no position to refuse a tournament entry because it is suspected someone RMTs. Sadly I have no power to verify this kind of information so it rests on the shoulders of GGG to find and ban these users.

I still think we can hold a successful and fun event for the HLD community. If witch hunting suspected RMTers leads to disrespectful comments, harassment or a low participation rate, then we will simply not host HLD events. However I am confident that this will not happen.

I am very excited to host this and learn more about HLD. I have not touched on that side of pvp so it will be entertaining for me to watch.

Don't forget to remind your friends who have signed up on this interest list, to message me on poearena. This interest list is NOT the sign up sheet. Your name on this list does not in anyway put you in the event this weekend.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Sep 2, 2014, 4:24:26 AM
"
GreenDude wrote:
If you have a problem with RMTers in the game, I believe this is a matter that should be reported to GGG.

I am in no position to refuse a tournament entry because it is suspected someone RMTs. Sadly I have no power to verify this kind of information so it rests on the shoulders of GGG to find and ban these users.

I still think we can hold a successful and fun event for the HLD community. If witch hunting suspected RMTers leads to disrespectful comments, harassment or a low participation rate, then we will simply not host HLD events. However I am confident that this will not happen.

I am very excited to host this and learn more about HLD. I have not touched on that side of pvp so it will be entertaining for me to watch.

Don't forget to remind your friends who have signed up on this interest list, to message me on poearena. This interest list is NOT the sign up sheet. Your name on this list does not in anyway put you in the event this weekend.

To be honest, I don't see a problem with RMTers, almost everyone that's OKish in HLD has at least 300 ex worth of gear on their main char. I really don't care how anyone got their ex, if they busted years to do so, had a few lucky drops, marketed or bought for money. The bottom line is everyone pretty much has equal tier of gear, so RMTers are not at any sort of advantage. I am also surprised Slay is the one tho drop out since he had the highest chance of winning the damn thing. But I think decorating his hideout is a priority atm (pun intended). Slay <3.

GDude, I don't think anyone expects you to filtrate participants in your HLD tourney based on unconfirmed/unproved rumors.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
"
missuse wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:

To be honest, I don't see a problem with RMTers, almost everyone that's OKish in HLD has at least 300 ex worth of gear on their main char. I really don't care how anyone got their ex, if they busted years to do so, had a few lucky drops, marketed or bought for money. The bottom line is everyone pretty much has equal tier of gear, so RMTers are not at any sort of advantage. I am also surprised Slay is the one tho drop out since he had the highest chance of winning the damn thing. But I think decorating his hideout is a priority atm (pun intended). Slay <3.

GDude, I don't think anyone expects you to filtrate participants in your HLD tourney based on unconfirmed/unproved rumors.

I don't know about highest chance to win. But EA definitely works really really well in these bad 1vs1 arenas. Except the coast-like one. That's the closest thing we have to decent pvp landscape. I'd sign up to all of these tournaments if we had a good level.

Its still frustrating to vs heavily rmt'd characters. Gear isn't equal and its kind of an insult if you lose to one. Most have 0 idea how to PvP. But after they copy and paste their character together watching other ppl. Wind up with all t1 mirrored gear, some become a threat.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
[

I don't know about highest chance to win. But EA definitely works really really well in these bad 1vs1 arenas. Except the coast-like one. That's the closest thing we have to decent pvp landscape. I'd sign up to all of these tournaments if we had a good level.

Its still frustrating to vs heavily rmt'd characters. Gear isn't equal and its kind of an insult if you lose to one. Most have 0 idea how to PvP. But after they copy and paste their character together watching other ppl. Wind up with all t1 mirrored gear, some become a threat.

Agree, although most rmters just as you said have no idea what to do and just set their items on their chars and specc everything with damage, and being the n1 glasscannon
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
"
MullaXul wrote:
[

Agree, although most rmters just as you said have no idea what to do and just set their items on their chars and specc everything with damage, and being the n1 glasscannon

@Tommie: so sign up to the tourney :)!
Last edited by GreenDude on Sep 2, 2014, 4:35:51 PM
Less QQ more pew pew!

It's a tournement for fun there's no prizes so everyone who likes to HLD should enter so that we can have events like this in the future otherwise we're stuck waiting for GGG to implement their PvP tournaments which may never happen.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
May be posted somewhere but I can't find it. What realm, what date and time? Do we get to agree on stage prior to playing? Id settle for some of the lesser shitty ones just to have fun.

Nevermind, I saw it in the link within the other thread. 6pm eastern Saturday is perfect. I expected this to be some European timezone mess.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Sep 2, 2014, 8:28:59 PM
"
Less QQ more pew pew!

It's a tournement for fun there's no prizes so everyone who likes to HLD should enter so that we can have events like this in the future otherwise we're stuck waiting for GGG to implement their PvP tournaments which may never happen.

Exactly. If you are seriously not playing because someone is playing who you suspect RMTs, then your missing out because it is for fun anyway. And in the end your actions do not help grow pvp in anyway.

If an event like this one was successful, i'd gladly set up more including some teams or guild vs guild duels or ctf tourneys.
I'm still learning to PvP and working out the kinks in my build. But I'd def be interested for a tourney further down the road.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
"
MullaXul wrote:
[

@Tommie: so sign up to the tourney :)!

What's the point though as patch fucked my build, but v either way I might participate
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info