Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

This Game Sucks...

...me right back in.
Haven't played since around January, mainly because I played so much I had an inflamed tendon in my right hand. So, much to my chagrin, I had to stop. So I missed everything that has happened since I stopped. I couldn't even read the forums without wanting to play, so I had to go cold turkey on everything PoE because I didn't want my hand to fall off or explode or whatever would have happened if I didn't lay off playing.
Over the weekend I decided to fire up the game and see what's been going on in Poe land and if I could even play. Good news on both fronts. I was able to play both days this weekend for a few hours a day (I haven't tried to push it with marathon sessions yet) and the game is still as phenomenal as I remember, if not better.
I've only gotten to Act 2, but I liked running into the corrupted areas from the expansion that I missed, as well as seeing some of the art changes of some of the areas. Not matter how subtle it was, I noticed. I played to game so much for so long NOT to notice. I was also grinning like an idiot when I used ground slam and saw the new animation. So cool. And the corrupted gems are fun.
Speaking of fun, I'm really excited to be playing again. Not only because this is the greatest game I have ever played, but because everything feels new again. I don't know the best builds or the gems that are crap. Or the overpowered uniques or even how many more there are to find. I don't know the most optimal builds or if the game is still Path of Life Nodes or whatever the hot button issue is these days. (It's probably de-sync, though. It always is).
And I'm not going to find out. I miss that sense of discovery and experimentation in this game. I want to fail on my own again. I want to go down paths I want to take, not the ones with the well lit neon arrows with everyone lining up to get to the end of as fast as possible. It's going to be frustrating, but it's also going to be fun.
Feels good, man. Feels real good.

TL;DR- Some scrub from beta is back, wants the world to know. GGG is best at being best.
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
So that's where the name came from.

Spoiler
I did the tendon thing too once, but with my left. Must have been a good 5 years ago and it's still giving me objections on the occation. Then again, I let it go much, much further that I should have before I listened to it's complaints so I've only got myself to blame.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
Welcome back. I hope you have as much fun (or more) as I'm having here. I used to game so much I had to keep a tube of sports cream handy to relieve the pain. ;-)
Welcome back,
also excited for the new leagues, but most likely work is going in the way again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
And the Fear returns.

Good to see you back, Jim. :)
A gold pebble in an ocean of drek, but always a welcome pebble.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Thanks, guys. It's nice to be back :)
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
Nice post. Would read it again. But why did you post it in OT? Nobody reads this stuff. =^[.]~=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Nice post. Would read it again. But why did you post it in OT? Nobody reads this stuff. =^[.]~=

You mean no one that matters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info