why do we play ?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
PoE is less susceptible to power creep than D3 due to skill tree and 1000s of builds before you tire out and want something new. PoE needs new content not new items.

i am not against new items actually unless they arent too powerfull to make old items worthless..

To the players who think new races gonna solve Power Creep problem, lots of Path of Exile players just want to have one account and one character lvl up to 100.. Not everyone has times to play all upcoming races, also most of players dont want to start fresh accounts to lvl up if they already have a high level character 80+ 90+..
wow thats weird my reply got deleted by the submit button
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Last edited by bredin on Jul 27, 2014, 11:32:10 PM
It's the jorney not the destination.

thare are always something in PoE you want , so you grind for them ... seems simple to me. when they are no longer good with new content and you want the new shiny thing that the fourm is saying is totaly OP and game breaking you Grind for it ....

As far as power creep is conserned , it's in all games nothing new hear. Only thing i have to even say about it at all is that dew to the way passives / skills / gear works together in Poe will probley always be very cheap ways to get very strong characters from scratch , so PoE has a bit of natural power creep resistance ;)
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
xemoon wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
PoE is less susceptible to power creep than D3 due to skill tree and 1000s of builds before you tire out and want something new. PoE needs new content not new items.

i am not against new items actually unless they arent too powerfull to make old items worthless..

To the players who think new races gonna solve Power Creep problem, lots of Path of Exile players just want to have one account and one character lvl up to 100.. Not everyone has times to play all upcoming races, also most of players dont want to start fresh accounts to lvl up if they already have a high level character 80+ 90+..

These players are playing the wrong game. If that is truly what they want they will likely never be happy with POE. We get 24 free characters per account for a reason.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
SirSid wrote:
It's the jorney not the destination.

+1
For fun!
"
For fun!

everyone plays for fun :)
Yes, I would. I play in order to play the current "meta-game". In ladders, everything is up to date and everyone starts fresh. It is like playing a slightly different game every time a new challenge league comes out. I don't play in the permanent leagues aside from when the game is in between challenge leagues.

I actually gave away my own Kaom's Heart (not legacy, as I bought it in Nemesis where they didn't exist anymore). And even though it wasn't legacy, it took me a lot of time and effort to get it. The entire league, pretty much. But once the leagues end, it is like finishing the game for me, in a sense.

So I don't really care. All of the major changes take place between challenge leagues (there are some changes sometimes to skills and various things, but I don't remember anything super major happening mid-league before).
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
The game is fun and I don't give a shit about my items. I am not going to ever be attached to them or my characters. I'll always start fresh in the temporary leagues once they get going.
If you are the kind of person that is dead set on latching onto a single character and grinding them to lvl. 100 and staying there on standard, always using the same character. You are probably in the wrong game. You are going to be disappointed all the time as the game shifts and evolves and what used to be godlike, is no longer.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info