Tournament name for upcoming team tourney

Hey guys. Over on poearena.com I asked for suggestions for the name of a tournament. If you ever watched like a smash bros tourney then you know they name them and it's mean't to help differentiate the tourneys and their match rules rather than just name it "Smash Tourney" like all the others.

Anyway, we got a list going and here is the strawpoll. Note you may check multiple off. The tourney will be most likely a 2v2 or 3v3 (it's undecided)
http://strawpoll.me/2188084/

Thanks for voting!
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jul 26, 2014, 5:35:51 PM
i vote 3v3 instead of 2v2, feels like 2v2 wont require much teamwork and a 1v1 build will still dominate. 3v3 is where a team build will truly shine and actually require teamwork. I also feel like we shouldnt put names to the team tourny, its kinda confusing/just meh to me. i vote just leave it as 2v2/3v3 team tournament.
"
john_nova wrote:
I also feel like we shouldnt put names to the team tourny, its kinda confusing/just meh to me.

You should know that the tournament will still have clear cut rules immediatly under the logo as a subtitle if you will. It's just so that if theres another tourney, theres no confusion.

For example there was recently a tourney ran by Katmbp. Its not just called 1v1 tourney its called Vicious Cattle 1v1 PVP so you can quickly identify which tournament you were talking about.

There will be many types of tourneys in the future so. A quick name as a prefix to the settings is quite useful.
sounds good. do we get to have team names also?
Fuck and im not home for this.. Please stream and record
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
john_nova wrote:

Yes because we don't want to say "team john_nova , tommy and greendude verus ...etc" lol.

So we'll probably announce the players in each team but once that's done we'll stick to the team names.

"

Well the 1v1 tourney is happening august 16th. The teams tourney is happening 1-2 months after the start of the new leagues so. I'm sure you won't miss it :P

And all vods will be put on youtube afterwards.
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
john_nova wrote:

Yes because we don't want to say "team john_nova , tommy and greendude verus ...etc" lol.

So we'll probably announce the players in each team but once that's done we'll stick to the team names.

"

Well the 1v1 tourney is happening august 16th. The teams tourney is happening 1-2 months after the start of the new leagues so. I'm sure you won't miss it :P

And all vods will be put on youtube afterwards.

Oh that sound great, but I forgot to ask, is it once again just lld?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
can you pls organize something hld related? im really getting tired of this. if i go in queue i get only lvl 30's that wanna see what pvp is. if i go in sarn arena i always find the same 3 person. really i cant believe that the incompetence of managing this game from ggg ruined it at the point that if one person log and want to do pvp he cant find an opponent.
i never seen this in any other game, even if i install now ultima online that is from like 1996 i will find an opponent as soon as i log in.
and ofc in the upcoming patch there will still be nothing pvp related, but who cares, lets script 1 boss and add 15 mtx so ppl will give more money, thats what they want.
and pls dont tell me that ggg is working on it, because if you say that after 2 years thats obviously a troll. i will 100% quit if the upcoming patch doesnt contain something pvp related.
even a fucking pvp guild ladder with scores can be enaugh to encourage ppl to pvp
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
Ok so on the HLD topic:

Truth is that after organizing the SC LLD, I was surprised to see the very low turnout at the start and even more surprised by the participating rate during. These kind of events are new so people are skeptical. Are they serious? Is it just a few pros wanting to beat down on newbies? Is pvp even balanced?

These questions or similar ones can make people unsure whether they wanna sign up and participate.

Before we get the masses in, we have to finally have that tourney (on august 16th). By that point I expect we will get much more sign ups and interest.

Anyway so why I am saying this is because; if I had a tough time getting LLD together, imagine the super human effort required to get something going for HLD in either leagues. And, LLD is much more balanced, i don't think there is any debate there. Therefore watching LLD may actually push you to make your own LLDer to join. Whereas I am afraid HLD may push people away.

The only feasible way to do HLD is by guild vs guild rivalry. Teams play helps nullify balancing because there is more room for human error and team work. As far as I am concerned, there is only two HLD guilds in HC and one of them is potentially not playing actively? and may not have enough for a 5 man team? I never got full details on them.

That's the extend of what I can offer FOR NOW. As the site grows, there may be more interest and more signups for HLD and maybe even more patches to help HLD, who knows. If you want to push this "weekly or bi-weekly rivalry showdowns" then get me the name or info of the other guild and check to see if they are even active/reachable. I'd do it myself but right now I am busy with the upcoming tourney. So if you'd like to speed up the process, you may ask them and PM me the details.

As for pvp patches, please be aware that Chris directly told me to not expect any content for pvp until AFTER 1.2.0. After that happens though; I can promise there will be some minor changes once in awhile. I don't want to promise more than that because I am no on the dev team, but I did speak with them and I guarantee you they've been working on some stuff behind the scene and will focus on it more after the big patch.
On HLD:
There's just not enough people that HLD. I think I know most HLDers and I'm having a hard time counting over ten people that takes it seriously. That's one of the reasons why I'm taking a break and focusing on LLD

On the low turnout on SC LLD tourney:
The LLD tourney started before the ambush league ended. I think the number of SC LLDErs doubled after it ended! And just the other day there was some 6v6 going on, although I missed it :(
That's one of the reasons why I want the current tourney to end as soon as possible. in the next tourney there will be a huge number of participants from the SC LLD community, I guarantee it :)
Last edited by Oats_PT on Jul 27, 2014, 4:00:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info