To Take The Lamb To A Bloody Slaughter Or Not?

2014 year of the roasted goat.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

"
Hardlicker wrote:

I pray that doesn't happen
"
FusionReactor wrote:
Without giving too much info, I’d like to be very parabolic with this post, if that’s ok with you guys.

Let’s say there is this lamb which can bring about a great change. This change could be a worldwide one, too. This change could be a great thing for humanity. However, in order to bring about this change, the lamb must make a difficult sacrifice. If the lamb chooses not to make that sacrifice, the lamb, itself, will be offered up for sacrifice, bringing about that change, anyway. Either way the change comes.

The designated one to sacrifice this lamb sees the stubborn way of the lamb, yet has pity on the lamb enough to not want to make the sacrifice. Yet, at the same time, they know that the lamb must be slaughtered, if they don’t make that sacrifice, in order to bring about this much needed change.

Your thoughts?

You are saying that change is inevitable, and I agree. Why should the lamb sacrifice himself for what will eventually happen anyways, would the lamb merely hasten the change?

I think the more profound question is: would the lamb care about the change he was striving for if it meant he would not live to see this change? It sounds selfish, but all actions are, even those that seem selfless, such as sacrificing oneself in the belief they are bettering the world.
"
Mephasm wrote:
"
FusionReactor wrote:
Without giving too much info, I’d like to be very parabolic with this post, if that’s ok with you guys.

Let’s say there is this lamb which can bring about a great change. This change could be a worldwide one, too. This change could be a great thing for humanity. However, in order to bring about this change, the lamb must make a difficult sacrifice. If the lamb chooses not to make that sacrifice, the lamb, itself, will be offered up for sacrifice, bringing about that change, anyway. Either way the change comes.

The designated one to sacrifice this lamb sees the stubborn way of the lamb, yet has pity on the lamb enough to not want to make the sacrifice. Yet, at the same time, they know that the lamb must be slaughtered, if they don’t make that sacrifice, in order to bring about this much needed change.

Your thoughts?

You are saying that change is inevitable, and I agree. Why should the lamb sacrifice himself for what will eventually happen anyways, would the lamb merely hasten the change?

I think the more profound question is: would the lamb care about the change he was striving for if it meant he would not live to see this change? It sounds selfish, but all actions are, even those that seem selfless, such as sacrificing oneself in the belief they are bettering the world.

The lamb doesn't have to sacrifice himself. He just needs to sacrifice according to Abel.

For some reason I'm reminded of the ending of The Cabin in the Woods.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Hardlicker wrote:

there's no Fire Goat sign in Chinese Horoscope! What zodiac are you using?
http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gibson2.jpg

Mel Gibson is your daddy... and, you don't really want to know what he does.
Goats don't do fire.

Spoiler
We do [deleted]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info