The Game Engine

So does anyone know if this game is based on an already constructed game engine or made from scratch by the GGG team. Also for anyone whos played the game, what physics does this game have? Like ragdoll, items rolling around etc
Thanks
Last bumped on May 30, 2016, 6:24:26 AM
They created their own engine. There isn't a physics engine yet, so no ragdolling. It's been said they're working on that.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
I hope if they do intend on adding a physics play of corpses and items wont be extremely noticeable.. really dislike it when things keep rolling down hill even if it is just a slight inclination.
If they do I'm sure it'll be only ragdoll physics for impact calculations.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
There is no physics engine in the game and there are no plans to include one in the near future.
Forum Sheriff
So.... no ragdoll physics? Thats kind of depressing :(
But oh well, gameplay is more important than graphics/physics
kind of impressing figuring they're a small indie company that started from scratch with 3 people if you ask me :P
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
There isn't a physics engine yet, so no ragdolling. It's been said they're working on that.

Could you link me that quote, please?
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
dust7 wrote:
Could you link me that quote, please?
I'm probably misrepresenting the quote by implying they're working on it currently: beta section. Bad choice of words on my part. I should have said they're considering it, not working on it.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
no

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info