Soul Mantle's penalty is too much.

You got one lv20 curse when your totem is dead. It have no limit on how many curses you can have at the same time. Which means that you can end up with 5 or more curses easily.

IMO, the penalty is a bit too much. Judging that it is only lv14 spell totem...

I think the Soul Mantle need a bit of changes.

Change 1
Reduce the lv of curse, judging that it is lv14 spell totem. I think lv14-16 curse is acceptable.

Change 2
If lv of curse is not changing, please level up the spell totem a bit? lv16-18 spell totem and getting lv20 curse is reasonable I believe.

Change 3
If above 2 are all declined, can the curse change to % of chance to have curse on you. (% = 30 - 50%)

IMHO, I would like to see change 2 & 3 in the near future...Although i dont think GGG will do any change on the Soul Mantle...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If they change to any of your suggestions, Legacy Soul Mantle prices will skyrocket.
Because
"who the f**k want's to play like a little pussy?!"
- Robbaz, King of Sweden
Last edited by Kussler88 on Jul 24, 2014, 11:27:09 AM
"
Kussler88 wrote:
If they change to any of your suggestions, Legacy Soul Mantle prices will skyrocket.
Because "who the f**k want's to play like a little pussy?!" :D
I have to say, soul mantle is not just placed&run item. Due o curse, it increased the difficulty a lot.

Reason for suggesting the changes is because of with the current stats, you cannot use it for endgame.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
Flasks are the solution :D
"
darkmatch wrote:

This. Its a adapt to the game not the game to you kind of thing with that unique.
"
darkmatch wrote:

I love it when something in a game has a drawback that isn't a drawback.

Soul Mantle? You need anti-curse flasks anyways. No reason not to have them on any character.

Eye of Chayula? The drawback is only for builds that won't need it anyways. What life build needs stun avoidance from an amulet?

Bringer of Rain? Who needs a chest piece when you have max block, acrobatics, and mom?
I'll admit, I've played plenty of dual totem recently, and never been willing to even consider playing with soul mantle.

But you should realize, that if soul mantle was too good, then it would popularize Triple totems, which would actually again threaten Self Casting... as moving to a 3rd totem from dual totem is a big 50% damage buff...

So, if you want to change Soul Mantle, and say just give a free 3rd totem, you'd need to either further nerf totem damage, or put a damage reduction on this item itself...

I like those suggesting flasks. I've always considered if the curse reflect shield could be considered... But don't you see what they are doing? They are keeping it from being a must have no-brainer type item.

Putting some Reduced Curse Effect on self nodes on the tree could also be interesting for this, but also for others.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Jul 24, 2014, 5:07:28 PM
"
I'll admit, I've played plenty of dual totem recently, and never been willing to even consider playing with soul mantle.

But you should realize, that if soul mantle was too good, then it would popularize Triple totems, which would actually again threaten Self Casting... as moving to a 3rd totem from dual totem is a big 50% damage buff...

So, if you want to change Soul Mantle, and say just give a free 3rd totem, you'd need to either further nerf totem damage, or put a damage reduction on this item itself...

I like those suggesting flasks. I've always considered if the curse reflect shield could be considered... But don't you see what they are doing? They are keeping it from being a must have no-brainer type item.

Putting some Reduced Curse Effect on self nodes on the tree could also be interesting for this, but also for others.

There's more at play than I think you are considering.

Totems and Ancestral Bond prevent you from leeching at all. This way you are completely defenseless in actual fighting. This is a huge advantage that self-casting has over totems.

Reflect is the counter to self-casting being able to leech, but this is quickly countered by high resistances, block, dodge, and so on.

This is a no-brainer item. If you have Ancestral Bond, there is little reason not to take it. Unless you need CoD for MoM, a Tabula, or some other nice unique chest, this is a must-have item.

One flask totally negates the drawback and it only requires one flask to give you a third totem.
And if you use a lightning warp totem you can utilize movement flasks with no curse.
You gain speed increase for 4s, are curse free and immune AND your lightning warp totems use your speed and go crazy. :-D
I have to disagree with soul mantle being too punishing. I'm too lazy to pop a warding flask every time I could and I compensate with playing a tad more tactically and I'm fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info