Diminishing Returns After 80

I've heard many complaints about the diminishing returns after hitting level 80, by then you have your core tree planned out, all your gear equipped, and unless you are trying to get more gear etc, there is no point in attempting to level further.

My idea is that once you hit 80, every level after that gives you say 2 passive points instead of one, this way you could plan around distant passives instead of finishing up with a 90 point tree.
Last edited by Draconyn on Jul 23, 2014, 12:12:05 AM
"
Draconyn wrote:
My idea is that once you hit 80, every level after that gives you say 2

I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you fin
This abuse of the phrase "diminishing returns" needs to stop.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
Eh...I'm 82 right now and it doesn't really seem worth it to keep levelling. It takes forever and if you die it can take away hours of work.
"
Draconyn wrote:
...after hitting level 80, by then you have your core tree planned out, all your gear equipped, and unless you are trying to get more gear etc, there is no point in attempting to level further.

Working as intended.
OP you're doing it wrong. When you hit 80 you should go buy some firework and enjoy the pay to win.
"
Route1 wrote:
Eh...I'm 82 right now and it doesn't really seem worth it to keep levelling. It takes forever and if you die it can take away hours of work.

Play something that's fun.

Leveling in PoE is just about right. You can keep doing it if you want but your char should be pretty much "ready" at 80 or so. I don't know where this idea of "needing to be max leveled" stems from. I used to play those games where you could level to 999 (or something similar) and no one even expected ever to reach it. Level just showed how much you've played and thus was a good indicator for powerful characters.
80?

The achievement "Diminishing returns" is level 90.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
as long as you are doing high enough maps leveling to 85 even 90 is not that bad.

A 74-5 map gives you about 8-10% exp at 85 if I remember. Doing 78 maps at 90 is about 5-8% exp as well I think, so its not that bad as long as you have the map base.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Wait till you hit 94 or 95. Shit gets fun then.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 23, 2014, 3:38:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info