Death and Taxes, missed the pass at reward balance?

Seriously, what the hell happened here?

I thought I might have just been unlucky the first time, but no, this is it.

The map itself is a novel idea, props to the designer.
The execution isn't bad, I was a bit scared to run it to be honest. When I eventually did, I found out there was probably zero chance of dying anyway, but the map was kinda fun, once.

First run I got no maps, a Last Resort lvl 0 unique and of course no (well unnoticeable) XP.
Not even many rares, 2 portals, maybe.

Second run again no maps, a Blackheart lvl 0 unique and of course, again, no XP.
Again 2 portals to get the rares out.

So, what happened, lol?

This is the highest level unique map and I think is without a doubt, by far, the least rewarding, like BY FAR.

Don't you think this needs tuned a bit (lot), maybe even up the damage to 'justify' it?

This kind of simple map would get longevity if there was something to look forward to, as it is, after doing it once, it's just, why bother?

I'm left with the exact feeling after running Acton's the first time.
That was novel and fun, once. Acton's got the rewards looked at, as did Olmec's, Vaults has the vessels now, Poorjoy's is just outright awesome, Coward's can be fun and rewarding, the Pirate Island is an orb pinata and fun, Maelstrom is a bit meh, but D&T, it's on another level of bad.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 22, 2014, 8:24:05 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You got one unique in each map. So I guess you can chalk it up to RNG. You can get the exact same luck doing cowards trial which has the notorious guaranteed unique.

You can get Mjolner or crown of thorns... from all high level areas lol.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
You got one unique in each map. So I guess you can chalk it up to RNG. You can get the exact same luck doing cowards trial which has the notorious guaranteed unique.

So it's like a normal necropolis, but less rewarding in XP, maps, uniques and even rares.
And once done the first time, entertainment value, too.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 22, 2014, 8:56:57 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

So it's like a normal necropolis, but less rewarding in XP, maps, uniques and even rares.
And once done the first time, entertainment value, too.

Working as intended, obviously. :P

Hope GGG can take a look into this unique map rewards for the sake of those few even able to play it. It's not like we are talking here a common map, I agree.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 22, 2014, 9:28:48 AM
Something in this game is unrewarding? Are you sure? I still can't believe it... oh wait
You got a unique each time...just happened to be low level, could have easily been something else.

When I ran this map, it was raining rares so I don't know how you got so few of them.
"
Emil_kof wrote:
You got a unique each time...just happened to be low level, could have easily been something else.

When I ran this map, it was raining rares so I don't know how you got so few of them.

Comparable to a rare necropolis?

I don't know about you, but it's quite common for me to get 1, or 2 trash uniques from a map.
It's not too uncommon to get 3 or 4.

Would you say the map dropped more rares than a rare map? Or was it just that they dropped in 4 piles?

Remember Olmec's and Acton's were buffed to 'bring them in line with other unique maps'. I'd put them both ahead of D&T before they were buffed.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 22, 2014, 11:13:30 AM
It's more about the potential the map brings. You don't have to run unique maps. I love facerolling through Cowards Trial with the thought in mind of getting a Song of the Sirens.
"
terrex wrote:
It's more about the potential the map brings. You don't have to run unique maps. I love facerolling through Cowards Trial with the thought in mind of getting a Song of the Sirens.

Uhhm, OK.

What 'potential' do you see in D&T?

:/

Are people honestly saying this map doesn't fall way short in reward?

If so I'll just ask the thread to be closed, I thought it would be something the community would see absolutely unanimously and get behind the feedback, that's how clear it is to me. /shrug.

"
You don't have to run unique maps.

No, but you could want to run it. I'm probably gonna chisel recipe them from now on or wait until 3 and vendor them up for a rare 76.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 22, 2014, 11:52:55 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

Uhhm, OK.

What 'potential' do you see in D&T?

:/

Are people honestly saying this map doesn't fall way short in reward?

If so I'll just ask the thread to be closed, I thought it would be something the community would see absolutely unanimously and get behind the feedback, that's how clear it is to me. /shrug.

I'm not sure how people don't see it, D'n'T is absolutely awful imo.

Rewards aside I was bored out of my mind 15 seconds into the first one I did, and by the 3rd one I ran I resolved just to always sell this thing in the future.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info