Mjolner

Does anyone think mjolner will be getting a nerf soon?

i got a mjolner, but i got low roll on it (30% for lightning dmg, forget what other rolls were)

if its getting a nerf, I will divine it.

but if its not getting a nerf, i will leave it as is for now.
I'v been running mjolner with CI 5 link

I'm clearing maps faster than my mirror phys wand with 93% all res + immune to chaos and using pure unique gear to run this build that anyone can get (doryani, vertex, rainbowstride, +100 str gloves with dream frag and +100 stat ammy etc...

I just find it funny that a build you can get all gear for fast and easy is the best map clearing / can farm atziri. Wanders have to get phys +crit on all gear 100s of exalts and can't compete with mjolner.

I use to think that it didn't need a nerf but I wouldn't worry about the 30% lightning roll the thing that will get a nerf is the 50% to cast on hit. Be ready to see it get toned down to 20%

If nothing gets changed I would be surprised, and it should only drop from 78 maps and become more rare.
"
Thugs wrote:

I'm clearing maps faster than my mirror phys wand with 93% all res + immune to chaos and using pure unique gear to run this build that anyone can get (doryani, vertex, rainbowstride, +100 str gloves with dream frag and +100 stat ammy etc...

I just find it funny that a build you can get all gear for fast and easy is the best map clearing / can farm atziri. Wanders have to get phys +crit on all gear 100s of exalts and can't compete with mjolner.

I use to think that it didn't need a nerf but I wouldn't worry about the 30% lightning roll the thing that will get a nerf is the 50% to cast on hit. Be ready to see it get toned down to 20%

If nothing gets changed I would be surprised, and it should only drop from 78 maps and become more rare.

but if this becomes legacy, and i try to divine it then, it'll become non legacy.

so what i want to do is get a perfect roll before it becomes nerfed. so i get a perfect legacy (or near perfect) mjolner
"
IMKR wrote:
"
Thugs wrote:

but if this becomes legacy, and i try to divine it then, it'll become non legacy.

so what i want to do is get a perfect roll before it becomes nerfed. so i get a perfect legacy (or near perfect) mjolner

Yeah then try to get 40% lightning roll, it may be worth trading your mjolner + some ex for a 40% roll. Trying to get 40% with a divine can go bad. I have a 80% phys / 40% lightning roll. I wouldn't bother with physical damage this weapon will never be used for its phys damage and the only number people will ever look at is the lightning damage.
Just divine it.. It's a 120 exalt item and you're stressed about using a few divines. Go for it brah.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
Thugs wrote:

How do you get 93% all res? Oo
Last edited by Krayken on Jul 21, 2014, 9:09:43 PM
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Thugs wrote:

How do you get 93% all res? Oo

(gems in boots) also run purity of ice in vertex mask with discipline/empower/reduce mana

GGG has stated they were reworking Mjölner.
So it will more than likely get nerfed.
Source:

"
Rory_Rackham wrote:
This change wasn't intended to get in in this patch, sadly, but was intended for the next unique item re-factor. Sadly it slipped in when some Mjölner balance adjustments were being made, so made it into the patch without us being aware! We'll take steps to make sure these kind of accidental unique adjustments don't happen again.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Jul 21, 2014, 9:56:29 PM
I'm not sure the proc chance would be what they nerd. With Romiras I get a power charge per hit. If it proc'd half as often, I'd probably discharge twice a hard...more time to build charges. I think it needs reduced lightning damage for slotted gems only.
"
Nemmerle wrote:
I'm not sure the proc chance would be what they nerd. With Romiras I get a power charge per hit. If it proc'd half as often, I'd probably discharge twice a hard...more time to build charges. I think it needs reduced lightning damage for slotted gems only.

"50% chance to cast socketed lightning skills on hit"

will probably changed to:

"50% chance to cast socketed lightning skills on attack"

Or GGG could change the +200int / +300str requirements to higher numbers, like +300 / +400, to make it more difficult to equip. At the moment, Mjolner doesn't really take all that much stat investment for classes like Marauders.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Jul 21, 2014, 10:31:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info