[WebApp] Full Attack & Spell DPS Calculator (v1.2b2)

Well, it took a lot of work, but we did it. Now the old excel book is a full web app with a good user guide.

>>> Remember to Ctrl + F5 after each use if you see a new calculator version avaiable <<<

WebApp links
- Attack DPS Calculator
- Spell DPS Calculator

User Guide links
- English User Guide
- Manual en Español

Changelog

Updated to v1.2b2:
1.2b2: Fixed a bug about Area damage calculation and reduced overall error margin to less than 1%.
1.2b: Version name/number updated to match better with PoE version. A lot of formulas has been revised and updated too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.9.1: Fixed a bug about Blood Rage buff calculations on Attack DPS.
0.9: Now you can save and load your calculations.
0.8: Added % More Unaermed Physical Dmg cell for Facebreaker. Fixed a bug in the % Increased Lightning Dmg formula from Gear tab in both Attack and Spell DPS calculators.
0.7: Added support for Damage Conversion related skills.
0.6: All excel contents migrated to a new WebApp.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5: Added an extra sheet to calculate Spell DPS too.
0.4.1: Fixed a bug about Less attack damage for Lightning and Chaos damage.
0.4: Fixed some bugs about Less damage calculations, some Chaos damage missing formulas and overcapped critical chance.
0.3: Fixed some errors about less attack and physical damage calculations
0.2.1: Google Docs links added.
0.2: Fixed an error about net lightning damage calculation. Cells added for Added Cold Damage, Added Lightning Damage and Added Chaos Damage support gems.
0.1: First release.

This tool is a web app, easy to fill and understand if we compare it with some older versions we found time ago. With this calculator you can easily type your weapon, spells and gear stats, bonuses from skill tree, gems, bandits, auras and buffs.

The tool will calculate your character's final Attack or Spell DPS.

"Well but... we can find the DPS ingame, both in our character sheet and the tooltips! Why this infernal tool?"
There are two main goals for this tool:

First: we are pretty sure almost all players have spent a good amount of Regrets tweaking builds. "Maybe if I change those nodes... maybe if I take this way instead of this other". With this tool you can test over the book all those changes with no Regrets or Refund Points outlay.

Second: maybe you can consider 5 or 10 Regrets too cheaply. Why spend your time fighting with Excel when you can test it ingame, right? But, what about the gear? You see a pretty ring or amulet, a very expensive one, and you're not sure if that item will improve you current gear. Will you spend a lot of exalteds to see your new ring only raises 10 DPS your older ring? Sounds familiar to you?
Same way as with Regrets, you can just insert the gear stats and you'll know if it fits your needs!

That's it, you have a huge Tabula Rasa to test your gems, your build or even to create a build from scratch and check if you get the values you was expecting. Sounds nice?

User Guide links
- English User Guide
- Manual en Español

Thanks all!
- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
Last edited by Chuca79 on Aug 23, 2014, 7:40:15 AM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2017, 10:46:52 AM
I do not see the need to calculate your dps with your gear, at first estimate you already know that it's around one trillion per sec.

( just kidding )
IGN TylordRampage
aww yiss
Great Job Doc! +1
"
Malone wrote:
I do not see the need to calculate your dps with your gear, at first estimate you already know that it's around one trillion per sec.

( just kidding )

Even kidding, you got it, Malone.

Do you know how many regrets I spent to tune up just a bit this char and many others?

No, enough of regrets. Promised.
Simply GREAT. Thanks a lot.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
Last edited by robotamen on Jul 21, 2014, 1:57:40 PM
As everytime, Great Job (I could not imagine how hardest was run all maths recipes as yu done).

All my apologizes with yu.

Next step will be take the .xls doc & do a nice app on VB that could read from game´s libraries & enclosing all items if GGG is able to help, ;))

Ty a lot Again. Yur Hard Job Will Do My Way, A Bit Easiest Now...
hey there!

great job on the calculator.
found a bug in calculating net lightning damage (B5/C5 is declared as B6/C6 [fire]).

2Qs.:

- I can just simply multiply the damage times two for dual strike, if I use same two weapons right?
- Whats with Added Element Damage? Where do i put these? (e.g.: added lightning/added chaos)

thx in advance!
Well done. I will soon calculate my own DPS. Thanks again.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
ZoGGGyyyy wrote:
hey there!

great job on the calculator.
found a bug in calculating net lightning damage (B5/C5 is declared as B6/C6 [fire]).

2Qs.:

- I can just simply multiply the damage times two for dual strike, if I use same two weapons right?
- Whats with Added Element Damage? Where do i put these? (e.g.: added lightning/added chaos)

thx in advance!

Thx a lot for your comment, ZoGGGyyyy.

The net Lightning damage now takes the right values. We also added the three min-max cells for Added Cold, Lightning and Chaos damage support gems.

We didn't test the tool yet with dual wielding skills or hybrid skills (like Glacial Hammer, Infernal Blow...). But as you wrote, yes, I think that's the way to calculate it with Dual Strike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info