My Dead Horse

I was doing really well on chromes, then after several deaths early in the night I was down in the dumps frustrated... saw some guy need chromes, so I helped him out with a couple stacks. Moments later I met the guy that wanted to help me out with gear, so now I'm lacking the chromes necessary because of my previously mentioned good deed. All is well though, I pick up all the 3 link rgb's I see for a chrome. It won't take long. I didn't get to try out the new gear / setup too much as it was much too late by that time, but what I did get to try seemed much more durable. Even if I was taking damage, the life leech made it manageable. My damage on the other hand does seem a little low. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that I should be killing things in 2-3 hits. Oh. That is most definitely not how things go down in my case. Although I was at docks at some point, found some atk speed shrine.. it made me LOL maniacally as I ran into a group of rares with that corrupting blood nastiness. Life didn't even drop I was attacking so fast. Was entertaining.

On a side note:
I don't know if the change from Phase Acrobatics to Iron Reflexes was a good move. It may be too soon to tell though. With Grace aura, I believe I sit around 46% mitigation.
Last edited by Pariias on Jul 24, 2014, 11:06:03 AM
That was me and it's just a rough guide. If it's taking four or five hits we should try to improve your damage as we'll. That will also benefit the life leech,

Are your weapons 20 quality?
I will have them 20% tonight, I had just used my stones on my weapons before I got the two unique swords so I have to get a few more. They aren't the highest weapon dmg, but they are fast for sure.
Weapon quality leverages you dps quite a bit. Don't forget to stash small superior weapons and use the vendor recipe if you are short on whetstones.

We can probably improve your dps some more through your passive tree although I have not looked closely at it.

If your survivability is good enough with the LL gem, try running your wrath aura - that should help a lot. And don't forget to curse - adds a lot to your dps.
So had an even worse night last night. Every time a spell was cast I was immediately destroyed. After losing nearly an entire level of xp, I finally realized all the sweet weapons/gear I had obtained from the random stranger that wanted to help me... had completely replaced the little resists I had. I now have less than 10% each resist and its Hell.

Back to the drawing board.
Put your old gear on. You absolutely need capped resists by mid-merciless. If you're short on them, replace hatred with Purity of the Elements.
If you were in standard it would be easier for me to help. Do you have a character in standard legue?
I do not. You've already helped a ton man. The whole reason I haven't just rerolled is that this struggle will help me figure things out. Once I have a grasp of the game mechanics it will all work out. Despite how unsuccessful I've been at continued leveling, I have however collected a decent amount of currency and stash tab full of maps. This character will either eventually work out, or I'll learn enough to make one that will be able to take advantage of his spoils.

I guess technically, I'll be in Standard League relatively soon regardless :)
True, that. All roads lead to standard or hardcore in the end.

You can make decent temporary jewelry by crafting with Trans orbs. Get some white two stone rings off the ground in the highest level areas you can farm and alt/Aug/trans them until you get a lot of resists. Works on belts too...leather is good for the life.

Sooner or later you have to farm bosses. Depending on ease The Warden or Merrevail can be good and jewelry drops can result in upgrades.
Hey thanks for the farming tips! Really really appreciate it. Very positive feedback from the community, love it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info