The Great Artziri Currency sink- my story-

im gaming on a less than amazing laptop, but i make the best of it. after suffering from huge lag when running apex, especially against the trio dudes- ive had to make a few changes to my tactics in order to successfully down artizi.

now after these changes-- mainly swapping out my aegis aurora for saffels when battling artziri, this has helped immensely, and now i can pretty much face tank the whole fight
(i do still die) i would say im downing her about 80% of the time.

over the last couple of days i have run artizi i would say about 15 times- downed her about 12 out of that.

well i hear u say " kurt thats frickin amazing, your one hell of gangsta mofo to be face tanking the toughest boss in the game" yes its true im a an old school G. but wait there has to be some kind of gripe hear, there is, where the hell are the uber fragments???. i have dropped 1 in all 12 of the times i have killer her this weekend. 1 fragment in 12 successful kills is a frickin kick in the balls... and dont get me started on the flasks.

aside from this i have also dropped a couple of the belts.
to be honest i seem to be getting better drops from the bosses leading up to artizi, and even then they're not amazing.

so im spending every bit of currency i can lay my hands on to buy apex sets, if im not trading to earn currency to buy these sets, im running around city of sarn till my eyes bleed hoping for midnight drops. i love fighting artizi, its fun and exhilarating, but getting to her is nothing short of soul destroying.

im fed up. ive spent so much currency, sold nice unique's i was either saving to give to my friends who have started playing or to keep for potential future builds. and now im bk at square one..no currency no good unique's to sell for currency.

the reason im farming the apex- is because A- i want some mortal hopes to sell so i can afford a legacy soul taker, or B- maybe even attempt uber artizi myself (lol)

but how the hell am i supposed to even reach uber artzi when sets cost 30+ ex and fragments rarely if ever drop.

i don't know what i want this post to resolve, but its here and its the utter soul crushing whine fest of a deflated grind-a-holic.

Incase any of u are interested-- here's my build

heres the passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwEswgIFz4X4RoyGjgb-h0UI00l3yftKMUpTzGeMgkzljWSNuk37DrYOuE8LUA2Q2NEckd-SshMNU3YT31QVFFgU99VxljbWPVZ81n-XzllTWaeZ5tsRm5pbqpu2HB9cU1ybHKpd-N4DXzZgFaBb4QMhMSE2YjxjHaPRpBVkx2ZK5rPm4OdxJ48oLSiAKQZplenCKeEqW6sqqyvrj60-bXytzG3Pr2Bvoq-p8APwBrEFcT2xq7KkM9l0NDSTdrd3ePesONq44LkUecL7DjwH_JF87760vuq_go=
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
so im spending every bit of currency i can lay my hands on to buy apex sets...

Working as intended.
Mortal hope is 1/40 or so. At least that seems to be the popular opinion.

I don't know about prices in standard but towards the end of ambush me and my friend were farming sarn for midnights to run apex. My friend ran 140ish apexes that gave 5 mortal hopes. I got a hope in 55 runs or so.

I don't recommend you buy midnight sets if you think 12 apex runs is a lot. You can go on long dry streaks before ever getting a hope. The sceptre is also extremely rare if you think you can profit off that. My friend got more hopes than sceptres and I've never looted one.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 20, 2014, 9:49:59 PM
hey kasub thanks for the reply dude. yeah i get what your saying, but before this weekend i have done a fair number of artizi runs, albeit not as successfully as im doing them now but ive racked up a fair few apex clears. ive had 2 uber fragments drop, the first i gave to a guildy because he'd helped me out with +1 curse lazwar. so i'd say 2 fragments in around 20 artzi kills, and neither of them was a hope. i just feel that the uber fragments should drop a little more frequently, i kinda agree with the hope being rare but it would be nice just to see them drop a bit more. and- i would like it if the artizi fight was a little more accessible,, man i bet theres some people in the player base who have yet to open up the apex.
Uber atziri is extremely gated due to her difficulty. There is no point for hopes to be common when barely anyone can complete uber atziri. It also means her uniques remain relatively rare when people who can do her aren't constantly running the abyss.

As for normal atziri I don't consider her that gated. She is also difficult for a big portion of the playerbase so requires some effort to reach. I got 4 midnights while doing the 1 month league simply by leveling in sarn city/docks from 61->70.

Again I don't know if standard is different but all other uber fragments were worthless in ambush. The typical uber runners already have every other fragment usually since they run normal atziri regularly. Only hope is the really rare one. This might be different in standard, I don't know.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 20, 2014, 10:16:27 PM
agreed man-- artizi isnt too badly gated-- but it does feel that she was designed (especially uber) for the top tier of players to become even more insanely wealthy. i think im mainly talking about standard here. i know many hc, and temp league players regard standard as scrubland, but i think we can all admit theres is a large amount of people who enjoy playing in this league. but im pretty sure that the people who are sitting on huge stacks of ex's are the ones loving this gated system as they can just buy up all the parts needed to eventually become more godly while the rest of us scrubs keep blindly fuelling the economy :)

but i will face uber one day and i cant wait to get one shotted like a boss :)
"
but it does feel that she was designed (especially uber) for the top tier of players to become even more insanely wealthy. i think im mainly talking about standard here. i know many hc, and temp league players regard standard as scrubland

well, i'm sure some of them use the standard wealth to simply cheat. judging by the amount of activity on various third party websites, people are getting away with trading currency from perm leagues to temp leagues.

this bypasses the idea of wealth accumulating in standard. it can be used as leverage to gain an even quicker advantage next season.

it's a bannable offense. hopefully most of the people participating are being regularly banned. judging by the amount of visible activity, though, i'm not sure they are.

"
but i will face uber one day and i cant wait to get one shotted like a boss :)

by a blue snake

maybe not 1-shot, but more like you get punctured and move half of a millimeter and take 48824759357 damage.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 20, 2014, 10:32:11 PM
Learn to spell my name before asking for drops

regards, Atziri
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
kasub wrote:
Mortal hope is 1/40 or so. At least that seems to be the popular opinion.

I don't know about prices in standard but towards the end of ambush me and my friend were farming sarn for midnights to run apex. My friend ran 140ish apexes that gave 5 mortal hopes. I got a hope in 55 runs or so.

I don't recommend you buy midnight sets if you think 12 apex runs is a lot. You can go on long dry streaks before ever getting a hope. The sceptre is also extremely rare if you think you can profit off that. My friend got more hopes than sceptres and I've never looted one.

The 1/40 is about right imo - my self-found Hope count in Ambush was 21 in just under 1100 regular Atziri kills. Almost all of them were service kills - I had a queue so long waiting for regular service i could have gone 24/7 and not run out of midnights to run. My service was popular because I always let the person come with me for the entire run and could still full clear in sub 5 mins. (So they get gem exp and all drops and can see the atziri drop firsthand - best random drop I saw a guy get was an almost perfect Andvarius that he was utterly shocked that I didn't snipe lol.) I also farmed them out to Chunda who found a decent number of Hopes as well, not sure if he kept a final count. (Those 21 are ofc only a small part of the 151 Uber touchdowns, but every reduced cost helps. )

@kurt - I don't really recommend paying for midnight sets this late. Unless you get lucky on Hope drops you don't pull much out of Apex anymore other than gem exp. Not sure how viable a service would be for you to run (maybe not if you're still failing 20% of the time, dunno) but if you can cultivate some people on flist to farm midnights for you you can get some quantity done. Be rdy for some sad panda variance - longest run I had without a Hope was about 110ish runs, tho obv my numbers worked out almost bang on in the long run.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
lol, a successful scam story from jake.

successfully farming hopes from midnights that he convinced random strangers to give him for free, stupidly cutting into their own profits.

you can't really count hopes found in such a fashion as "self found"

"service found" would be a better description.

all my hopes were found from midnights i bought/traded for. that's how men do it.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 21, 2014, 10:57:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info