CoC Discharge Build

Greetings, i have looked all over to no avail anyways i am looking for a guide for a CoC Discharge build that is not super expensive and does not require snapshotting.
Reason is i am not rich in poe and do not wish to have a useless build come snapshot fix but love the look of the discharge build.
Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by dosh42 on Jul 20, 2014, 9:27:37 AM
Gameplay discussion or gameplay help that way please ---->
"
Lightshard wrote:

I know you can't be that stupid.
"
dosh42 wrote:
"
Lightshard wrote:

And what about you?
Did you read "googled" results?

Ther are no "cheap AND powerful" CoC Discharge builds.
Most popular build require necklace which cost about 16-20 EX in standard league
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
dosh42 wrote:
"
Lightshard wrote:

And what about you?
Did you read "googled" results?

Ther are no "cheap AND powerful" CoC Discharge builds.
Most popular build require necklace which cost about 16-20 EX in standard league

voll's devotion? no need for that

I am currently building (building = testing) around one and its damn fun - lvl 66 though, so no high lvl!!

there are different ways to build around it.

My build (no voll's protector & the blood dance shoes - brrr, hate that build):

dont read if you want to go range!

Spoiler
first and most needed item is a pair of:

1c each, maybe less - people dont know its use ^^

I started a shadow and with its passives I am @59% block chance :-)

secondly, I went for evasion & dodge and got me:
(which I broke yesterday on trying to 6S :-() that item costs around 10c

the most expensive part maybe is
- got mine for 5c because it was corrupted ;-)
as I broke my armor yesterday, I am back @CoC arc & ethereal knives - will later use CoC, cyclone, ethereal knives & chain for ele reflect mobs (easy 4green link)

evasion: 56% (going for Ondar's guile)
dodge chance: 46%
spell dodge: 30%
block chance: 59%
crit. chance: 61.1%
phys. abs. 22%

hp currently quite weak - lil above 2.5k (quite okay for lvl66 & softcore)

my build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcFtQ5IES8RlhVQFr8dFB8CJpUtHy9vMHE2xTpCS3hMs1VLVcZZ813yYeJirGZPZp5tGW17cFJwVnC7cNV-WX_GgUmCHofbiEKMNo9GkBuSfZP8mG-ZmpoTnaOdqqKjpwiuz7I4tDi1SLb3wBrAUcHzxqLN6s9l0NDUI9VP1p3YJNkT2wvb1N2o3nfe9uOE5Rnlz-d06NbrY-uO8-r60vv1_Kv_kw==
haven't done whole act 3 yet.

If I would - and I will - do the build again, I wont rush the way to templar's 1handed crit notes and go straight to dodge/ondar's guilde and towards ranger side.
dropping Elditch Battery soon and going for mana on kill (soul siphon)and the +60% spell crit chance next to it.. however, a lot to test out till the new league stards and that is/way my goal.

so I wont spec so defensive hp wise (not even vaal pact, as I plan on kill reflect mobs with ele discharge or ethereal knives), but I will definatly try out:

"avatar of fire" and spec all 3 power charge notes and get myself the +burning damage notes; I will see how that works, anyways, lvling up is easy at the moment if you look out for reflect.

overall, that build is kinda cheap - going to start that again in new league (build getting sronger and stronger each lvl) and its not snappshoting -> doing very fast 1-3 charge nukes.

most expensive item - just for the case I need it
- 1ex at least

my liked skills:
must have 4L: Cyclone, CoC, ethereal knives & chain for ele relfect
discharge 4L: Cyclone, CoC, power charge on crit, discharge (very good atm)
5L: 4L + life leech or molten shell (going to try that out) or enduring cry
6L: 5L + ele profilation (wont happen in that 1month race)

bandits: skill point, skill point & skillpoint

would have been easier for maybe: cyclone, CoC, enduring cry, discharge - however ^^

edit: forgot "cast when damage taken" -> going CwDT with enduring cry (lvl 5)

later you can chance weapon for better crit dagger with spell damage or even with bino's

there is also the option to go CI with bloodrage, however, ES armor is "more
Last edited by gloobonious on Jul 22, 2014, 3:57:20 AM
"
gloobonious wrote:
voll's devotion? no need for that

Most popular.
See those words? Read it again.
I didn't say the only possible build
See the difference? -_-
"
gloobonious wrote:

dont read if you want to go range!

Maybe "if you don't want to rage"? =)
And why should i rage?
I've tried to make cheap and good CoCdischarger on my own. And it's not that good after all nerfs made

Yes, you can try to make your discharger, but it will be very weak (which we can already see from yours build)

86% incr.HP from the tree? Good luck at A3M and on Merc Dominus (show us, please, the video of your glorious Dominus killing)
Evasion-based&Acrobatics character with (omg the number) 35% eva from the tree? Good luck on maps \^_^
5% reduce mana reseerve, yeah, that will definitely help with auras...

And how many power charges (or\and another charges) do you have (and produce with skills untill disnarge happens) to discharge and what are the DPS? I really, really want to see those funny numbers

In conclusion: yes, you can try to make your own cheap CoC Discharger, but it won't be anywhere close to good character (not to mention "really good").
you definitely have an aversion against quotes, dont you?!

lvl 66 softcore, trying out stuff in new race month
lvln and doing piety, dont care about dominus

it's raNge not rage, not everyone starts with a windripper.

i am totally missing your input what you tried out. nothing constructive.

and you see nothing from my build - holy shit.
that was for leveling purpose, not a "if i am lvl 80 i will have that spec" build.

going for more eva/hp to be able to switch weapon (which give +40% block).

who the hell cares about 5% reduces mana?! the +buff counts for mana reg - which you need to compensate with EB & discipline, which will drop in two lvls after ondar's guile is done and two new crit daggers with +spell dmg and mana reg are equiped!

and why does the number of charges count for dps?! its the frequency if discharges and furthermore you wont get one-shotted.

what did you try out?
quill rain barrage, spectral throw (there is a thread about it), dual dagger with voll's protector, CI with blood rage,...

in the end, the final discharger wont be cheap, but you start off blank (cheap) in a new league (good knives are expensive, so is juwelery)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABbUOSBGWFr8mlS0fMHE6Qkt4TLNVS2HiYqxtGW17cFJwVnDVf8aCHofbiEKMNpAbk_yaE52jnaqio67PtDi1SMBRwfPGos3q1CPVT9ad29TdqN533vbjhOUZ53To1uuO8-r79fyr_5PyHZeVUlM9X1Aw216NvyLqUUequKp_jX0wfH8r1oqbtcM6ykoZhqxH6yxFllFMmyYyAbIZz3pjQ3fXdEFW-vzFZ6CHdkp93Q1br9Du96NieRX2AAaPpiepKk0_J0rIfVvigCCc
Last edited by gloobonious on Jul 22, 2014, 12:43:24 PM
"
gloobonious wrote:
you definitely have an aversion against quotes, dont you?!

Why do you think so?
"
gloobonious wrote:
it's raNge not rage, not everyone starts with a windripper.

My misunderstanding (about context)
You should write "dont read if you want to do\make rangeD (character\discharger)"
It will make more sense and will be easier to understand.
"
gloobonious wrote:
i am totally missing your input what you tried out. nothing constructive.

Indeed... Nothing constructive. Like all i wrote was "LOL, not gonna work!!11" and didn't post numbers and explanations of "why" and "how"
Don't try to use your failed psychology on me, it just disgusts more rather than attracts to keep discussion
"
gloobonious wrote:
and you see nothing from my build - holy shit.

Read previous sentence about psychology.
"
gloobonious wrote:
that was for leveling purpose, not a "if i am lvl 80 i will have that spec" build.

So write about it in the first place and beforehead. Not after you've been criticized and feel offended.
"
gloobonious wrote:
who the hell cares about 5% reduces mana?!

[sarcasm]Well, i don't know...
Maybe those who want to get benefits from more # of protective auras?
"
gloobonious wrote:
and why does the number of charges count for dps?!

And it doesn't? Funny, but gem says
"
Deals x–y Lightning Damage per Power Charge
Deals x–y Fire Damage per Endurance Charge
Deals x–y Cold Damage per Frenzy Charge

doesn't it?
"
gloobonious wrote:
what did you try out?

Guess again =)
"
in the end, the final discharger wont be cheap

And how does it contradict with my words about "there are no cheap AND good discharger builds"? ^_^
You just prove my words

In conclusion. You can make CoC discharger (again, i've never said you can't), but it can't be a conflux of cheap, power, survivability. Only two of that.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Jul 22, 2014, 12:46:09 PM
HarukaTeno you are raging against a new(?) player in the help section and someone who is just trying to help...

You likely aren't wrong about your original point, but the help section is the last place you should be "fed up with the shit" as you appear to be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info