So hows it going without snapshoting?

"
xfiendmate wrote:
like some combinations just chew my zombies to zero...shocking ground 90 extra cold damage plus those thorns hedgehog creatures that deal damage on death...
even on low end maps

Then summon zombies again. Thats the point of a summoner. Right now people expect to be able to summon zombies and spectres once and never having to resummon them.
"
like some combinations just chew my zombies to zero...shocking ground 90 extra cold damage plus those thorns hedgehog creatures that deal damage on death...

You know you can resummon those zombies right? I haven't snapshotted and haven't faced any issues yet. Are you using a +2 helmet, outside of fighting AoE bosses, they shouldn't be dying all that often in maps.
I have a lv85 full tanky summoner selffound gear lifetanking witch I've been playing and rerolling through all the full wipes since I got into closed beta back in 2011.
She doesn't use instability. She makes them survive and tank.

She has never used snapshotting and has always been able to do maps.

It's definitely hard to get stronger, but it's doable.

Imho, this is what the game should've been about in the first place. You shouldn't be able to just rush through with super tanky massive dps chars.

I agree that summoners would love to have a bit of a buff, but it's doable without it even though you might have to grind content that doesn't give a lot of xp.

Edit: naturally.. she doesn't do a lot of damage for her level, but this is exactly what I've been looking forward to once snapshotting goes away. Why not have a character on your party that provides strong buffs and tanky minions? Everyone just going for max dps has been kinda boring.
The dumb is strong in this one
Last edited by gesichtspalme on Jul 20, 2014, 10:01:41 PM
"
gesichtspalme wrote:
I have a lv85 full tanky summoner selffound gear lifetanking witch I've been playing and rerolling through all the full wipes since I got into closed beta back in 2011.

Imho, this is what the game should've been about in the first place. You shouldn't be able to just rush through with super tanky massive dps chars.

I agree that summoners would love to have a bit of a buff, but it's doable without it even though you might have to grind content that doesn't give a lot of xp.

Edit: naturally.. she doesn't do a lot of damage for her level, but this is exactly what I've been looking forward to once snapshotting goes away. Why not have a character on your party that provides strong buffs and tanky minions? Everyone just going for max dps has been kinda boring.

Maxing out dps is all people care about, thats why they whine about snap shotting being removed and about the mine trap thing no longer working.
Here's what I don't understand (if they remove snapshotting completely): according to this vid,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaBsJT85c4Q

snapshotting is bad because:
- It is OP; we can have buffed minions, a lot of auras, and be very tanky at the same time. This I can agree with.

- It is time consuming; we spend our time setting up ourselves rather than playing the game. This I've been wondering for some time. The example in the video is very extreme. He uses regret orbs to refund all the "reduced reserved" points. The reality is, most people don't do that.

Here's what I've been doing: simply use alpha's howl to make the reservation a bit less so I can have more mana. It takes no time at all to setup. It is in NO way op or broken, and removing it would be uncalled for. Couldn't they remove snapshotting auras via the passive tree only? KEEP the alpha's howl functioning the same.

He also said towards the end that players will still be able to build awesome minions, have plenty of auras, or stack heaps of curses, but just not all at the same time. So again I say, I agree that if you refund passive tree "reduced reservation", the auras you have should be adjusted accordingly. However, I strongly disagree doing the same thing with Alpha's Howl. Removing Alpha's Howl functionality would simply be an uncalled nerf.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
That is a stupid argument, the inherent problem is the same. You are receiving bonuses that you should not be receiving.

Edit: That means if you want the effect of Alpha's Howl, wear it.
Last edited by Starxsword on Jul 21, 2014, 5:28:06 PM
"
"
gesichtspalme wrote:

Maxing out dps is all people care about, thats why they whine about snap shotting being removed and about the mine trap thing no longer working.

[Removed by Support]
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Jul 21, 2014, 7:10:24 PM
"
"
xfiendmate wrote:
even on low end maps

Then summon zombies again. Thats the point of a summoner. Right now people expect to be able to summon zombies and spectres once and never having to resummon them.

What do you expect when 6L zombies = almost 400 mana cost, and your mana is used for auras. Seriously? Why should zombies cost so much. This is the main problem. Think before you speak.
I love pie.
"
Starxsword wrote:
That is a stupid argument, the inherent problem is the same. You are receiving bonuses that you should not be receiving.

Edit: That means if you want the effect of Alpha's Howl, wear it.

It is a valid argument b/c of what GGG's intent and purpose for removing snapshotting. Whether you like it or not, snapshotting IS a part of the game.

I'm just saying GGG, be careful of what you're removing/nerfing. If it's not broken, don't change it.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
This discussion always makes me want to wear all of my jewellery. I don't have the perfect ring to suit it all. So I could use that ruby, and then take it off and use the iron and then the one with mana-regen,...
We only can use 2 rings at a time.
We should also use only one hat at a time. There's no logic in keeping the stats.

"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
What do you expect when 6L zombies = almost 400 mana cost, and your mana is used for auras. Seriously? Why should zombies cost so much. This is the main problem. Think before you speak.

Same as with every other build. You have to balance Mana/Life and costs. Eldritch Battery is probably not the smartest solution, but you can always skip an aura or support gem.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info