Could Dragons be apart of Path of Exile's future expansions?

"
Spysong192 wrote:
Always thought the bones are from a whale or some sea living creature like that

Spoiler

Nope. Dolphin is too OP

Act 4 boss Donald firmed!

Last edited by camapngu133 on Jul 21, 2014, 6:37:16 AM
Thank you for the kind words everyone! I've updated the original post to reflect all of your feedback and insight. It might have nearly doubled in length now!

The bold text is what's newly added (not counting the added flavor text).

It's late now (4:20am) so I'm going to head to bed. I'm sure I've made some errors somewhere, and misreferenced something, but I'll fix that later on. Feel free to leave your feedback, thoughts or predictions.
I learned quite a bit more re-editing the original post and I hope you enjoy the read!
Very interesting ideas in my opinion, i would be very glad if dragons of some kínd where implemented into the game, maybe Kalandra act 4 boss? Cause dragons in European culture were known for collecting the loot into their cave and sleeping on it. Possibly the Mirror of Kalandra was some special artifact and someone/something stole it so Kalandra wants revenge?
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014
Completely overrated enemies which brand EVERY FUCKING RPG today.

As if dragons / wyverns are some kind of placeholders because the devs were too lazy to think of something else.

So, please no!
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Last edited by Diablo1reborn on Jul 21, 2014, 9:17:08 AM
Hi

DRAGONS ARE BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGG, OVERDONE.

The OP article is great though I enjoyed the read, but anything but dragon bosses please.

Hydras are borderline; I wouldn't be too adverse to a hydra boss. How about some splinter-like creatures that can increase each other with mods when in a mob like splinters would do in MTG;)

They don't have to look like them at all but the monster mechanics of it would be quite interesting to fight in a game, they of course would only affect each other, other monsters wouldn't get any bonuses.

Best dragon ever!:

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Only give me dragons if they can talk and give you riddles
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
only give me dragons if they can be cute in a bloody way.

i mean... no i don't know what i mean...

maybe one of the legendary people "invented" a horrifying creature that just "happens" to be murderous in its affection.

i should sleep...
As someone with a dragon avatar, I approve of this idea!

"
Spysong192 wrote:

Yes, dragons that are intelligent enough to interact with are much more interesting than the ones that just fly around and burn things. Bonus points if some of them are friendly/allies instead of all being enemies.
"
Meridin wrote:
As someone with a dragon avatar, I approve of this idea!

"
Spysong192 wrote:

Yes, dragons that are intelligent enough to interact with are much more interesting than the ones that just fly around and burn things. Bonus points if some of them are friendly/allies instead of all being enemies.

Someone mentioned to me before that because Path of Exile takes a more gritty, realistic approach, that fantasy dragons probably wouldn't exist. He also mentioned that they could implement them to be something of a mutated form of lizards, maybe infused with elemental properties as well. I mean Piety experimented on many creatures turning them into horrible abominations.
So it's plausible in that sense that there could be a heightened intelligence in experimental lizards.

Also I love your display picture! Very fitting.
And what about http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wurm%27s_Molt

They say a lifetime of wisdom is carried
in every skin the great beasts shed.

Could that belt be made from a skin of a Wyvern? Wyverns have skin and not scales (like dragons)... could be from it?

I'm just throwing stuff here because i would like to see some badass thaumaturgy-made-blood-dragon-with gems or what not. OR some mad man comes and make one with the experiments involving thaumaturgy or i don't know :) just throwing stuff out there

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info