Cheap, Tanky, DPSy: Summon Raging Spirit [not updated for 1.3+]

The best SRS guide on GGG forum by MatrixFactor! This guide is freaking awesome! All details! comparison between rare, lighting coil and cloak.

Videos ranging level 68 map to 78 maps! End game passive trees and partial trees! In depth gearing especially the staff gear. Gems link and Gem Quality Priorities.

CRAZY DETAILS ON SRS Defensive & Offensive Stats!

and guide on difficult maps!

THIS IS THE BEST GUIDE ON SRS ON FORUM. Thank you matrixfactor.

I have follow the rest of the SRS guide, but its too complicated and keep updating. Making it so confuse and keep changing! The thread starter don't even know whats he's doing. LOL!

Keep up the good work matrixfactor! I hope you can do an update on the upcoming patch 1.2. Especially the passive trees!
"
Zippolighter wrote:
I have follow the rest of the SRS guide, but its too complicated and keep updating. Making it so confuse and keep changing! The thread starter don't even know whats he's doing. LOL!

Gee, thanks :/
Updating a lot and coming up with new variations =/= don't know what he's doing.

But hey, I do agree, Matrix's guide is fantastic ! It's getting better by the minute, lots of stuff in there, good job.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Aug 3, 2014, 8:36:56 AM
"
Gloves: Leap Slam - Faster Attcks | CwDT L1 - Enduring cry L5.

Just wondering why cwdt is at lvl 1 and enduring cry is at lvl 5? Must be a reason! pls advice. thank u so much.
"
Zippolighter wrote:
The best SRS guide on GGG forum by MatrixFactor! This guide is freaking awesome! All details! comparison between rare, lighting coil and cloak.

Videos ranging level 68 map to 78 maps! End game passive trees and partial trees! In depth gearing especially the staff gear. Gems link and Gem Quality Priorities.

CRAZY DETAILS ON SRS Defensive & Offensive Stats!

and guide on difficult maps!

THIS IS THE BEST GUIDE ON SRS ON FORUM. Thank you matrixfactor.

Keep up the good work matrixfactor! I hope you can do an update on the upcoming patch 1.2. Especially the passive trees!

Lol thanks. I have to give credit to Peppermint Butler though. I tried SRS in 1.1.0 and couldn't get it to work. It's his idea to use a staff that gave me hope. After that I just looked at what he did and tried to refine it into what I thought was the best balance of defense/offense. In general I suggest you try to design builds on your own and look at guides for suggestions about pathing in tree, tricks, etc.

About CWDT: L1 can cast skills requiring up to L31 and L5 enduring cry requires L31. We use L1 CWDT so the enduring cry procs as often as possible.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
im currently using a wand + cold with cast speed. and a shield. It is possbile to be more tanky?
"
Zippolighter wrote:
im currently using a wand + cold with cast speed. and a shield. It is possbile to be more tanky?

Well the only thing I would suggest is a scepter with +cold cast speed and attack speed so you can leap slam out of bad situations.

Since you're using wand and can't leap slam, I would replace cwdt-ec|Leap slam-faster attacks with cwdt L1 - ec L 5 - immortal call L3 - increased duration 20/20 or as high as possible.

Also saffell's shield is usually better than a rare for mitigating elemental damage. You should have enough physical mitigation already with grace and the endurance charges. Adding immortal call you will definitely have enough.

Thank you so much! :)
Update: Added outrageous claim to do 2.7M single target DPS since I thought it was catchy. It's possible but the gear certainly isn't cheap, and I don't have it to demonstrate. :)

Last edited by MatrixFactor on Aug 4, 2014, 1:33:12 PM
thats a lot of damage, what kind of gear do you need?
"
viper4533 wrote:
thats a lot of damage, what kind of gear do you need?

The most expensive pieces are L4 Empower, +3 fire 20% cast 6L staff, and L21 summon raging spirit. The rest is under 10ex combined.

With the gear that I have (+2 fire 15% cast staff, L20 spirit) more realistic peak DPS is 400-500k AoE and 700k single target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info