Race Ideas, Improvments, and Suggestions

Sins 3 strat - go up left, hope you get the lucky 3 tileset run layout to Fidelitas. amirite

In all honesty, why the hell have they not added 2 handed weapons to the vendor at level 1?

Acceleration shrines should exist only after cruel, imo.

Something I'd really like to see is the return of longer solo races, with a race league only buff to XP gained in cruel to encourage progression past Normal. It is very possible to kill Dominus in 2:15 or less with just about any class (perhaps scion is weak now) but it would add a lot more challenge than your standard "farm docks."

Perhaps they shouldn't be a regular thing, because 3 hours is a long time to race and takes away from time that could have been used for other races, but adding incentive to progress could drastically change the meta and make racing much more interesting.

Also, I really like the idea of 2-4 player party races.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Nah what you gonna get is: "We reduced to droprate of Doedre's Damnring so we have a 600 Point junk reward"

Time on Dominus heavily depends if corrupted Zones stop spawning.

If the devs would reward points for completing quests similar to DC more people would progress.

Clarissa Quest done 1 Point.
Sewer Quests done 1 Point
Obtained Inferal talc 1 Point.
etc.

And if you want to see races into cruel the devs have to start moving raceleague characters into the next race. 2x 90 min over 2 days will have a larger participation than 1 x 180 min race.

The last 3h races I checked the ladder and they barely had any participants, so you will have to deal with 90min and less.

But if you want to see those kills earlier in 90 min the game needs a level 1 version of act 2 and 3.

"
Hilbert wrote:
And if you want to see races into cruel the devs have to start moving raceleague characters into the next race. 2x 90 min over 2 days will have a larger participation than 1 x 180 min race.

"
Hilbert wrote:
But if you want to see those kills earlier in 90 min the game needs a level 1 version of act 2 and 3.

This. Two simple ideas which could mix things up in a great way. Imo GGG just needs to be a little extra creative with races to keep it interesting. Endless ledge is a good example.

They don't need to spend months working on totally new race content. Just take stuff that's already in the game and shake it up a bit. Go even more crazy with race mods. Exiles Everywhere, people loved it, and probably took them 10 minutes to create that server scenario.
I think some CZ need to be balanced more in some areas, it's quite easy to get badly off track in lower submerged from my experience if there is a CZ.

Also, acceleration shrines (or all shrines) should be removed from races unless they are fixed seed races, it is just too strong due to random RNG and for maphackers.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Sep 1, 2014, 3:59:28 AM
Or how about they get stomped from racing. Vaal gems are pointless for racing because charges don't carry over to other areas.
Fragments are even more pointless.

If they dropped a Vaalorb instead that might be okay but those sidetracking backtracking dungeons just suck.
Hi all,

Most of the suggestions here lower the overall strategy and tactics required to race, also known as becoming noob friendly.

RNG is part of this game and when you get good drops you must take advantage. If you get bad drops and your build relies on good drops, then you don't deserve a good place. If your strategy does not rely on great drops but is consistent, then you deserve consistent results that aren't top tier.

What y'all are proposing is to make all strategies non-reliant on drops. This makes the game BORING and still retains the issue of better drops = better chance to win.

The solution to balance is NEVER to change base game mechanics. This is Path of Exile and changing permanent game mechanics like strong boxes, corrupted area, shrines etc, just because it's a race are all absolutely poor game design choices. The game should closely resemble the real game without changing the underlying mechanics at all. This may take more work and creative solutions, but crappy ideas like "remove acceleration shrines" are well below an acceptable solution.

I think if we remember a few important concepts then we can end up with better ideas:
- Good RNG is exciting and should result in higher chance of success.
- Making a game noob friendly hurts the long-term success of the game
- Balancing a game should never involve specifically editing certain mechanics.

Thank you.

"
rpuryba wrote:
Hi all,

RNG is part of this game and when you get good drops you must take advantage. If you get bad drops and your build relies on good drops, then you don't deserve a good place.

ANY build you could dream up relies on good drops. The above statement is quite possibly the most ridiculous statement I have read on these forums in the past 2 or so years.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 23, 2014, 11:30:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info