Will Mine > Totem work in 1.2?

I really hope you balance the minions with that in mind or they are gonna be completely useless. I'm also wondering how you will remake the spectre gem since we can't snapshot anymore ie. not being able to have different kinds of spectres with you due to the waste amount of gems that would require if we can't snapshot them.

I have faith in you guys though I hope you wont let us down I'm really looking forward to be able to competitively being a non snapshotting summoner :)
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
"
_Eddi_ wrote:
Now i'm confused. Thinking about the cloud created by poison arrow. I vaguely remember reading that this cloud is affected by "increased projectile damage". But the cloud is not actually a projectile. Is my memory wrong, or is this about to be changed as well?

Think of it like this: Trap/Mine Damage increase the Damage of Traps and Mines and by Spells directly casted by the Trap/Mine (for the supports)(it casts a Fireball and the Fireball deals more damage)

Projectile Damage increases the Damage of Projectiles and by 'Spells' direcly cast by the Projectile (the Projectile 'casts' the Poison Cloud and the Poison Cloud deals more damage).

I don't think Projectiles are really casting anything that's why I have the term in '.....', it's just for better understanding.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong Mark. :D
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Jul 21, 2014, 2:48:23 AM
"
Angryweasel wrote:
I really hope you balance the minions with that in mind or they are gonna be completely useless. I'm also wondering how you will remake the spectre gem since we can't snapshot anymore ie. not being able to have different kinds of spectres with you due to the waste amount of gems that would require if we can't snapshot them.

I have faith in you guys though I hope you wont let us down I'm really looking forward to be able to competitively being a non snapshotting summoner :)

just replace Remote Mine by Melee Physical Damage
just place your spectre in a 4L and your zombie in a 6L ( or the contrary but I find it less effective ), it's perfectly fine and many summoners already do it.

protip : you don't need to snapshot to be competitive, just find the right setup and right gear. As soon as you don't snapshot Zombie, you accept that some of them may die against hard hitter bosses and you don't give a shit about it because you can instantly resummon them because of desecrate. This is very powerfull and very competitive already.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 21, 2014, 5:35:03 AM
So does this mean searing bond traps wont work anymore?
"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."
Currently Playing: Contagion/Essence Drain IGN: JddoggAscended

What about e.g. mine+trap+fireball, will fireball get damage bonus from both trap and mine?
"
Angryweasel wrote:

'useless'? WUT?

not comparable with LL ST COE - probably

cheap to build, easy to MF, safe and still relatively efficient? - sure

i never snapshoted on my summoner and enjoyed all benefits of this build.

people get to the cheap-and-broken stuff too quickly

GGG: next time nerf/fix stuff like snapshot BEFORE people arrange their reality around them
"
So does this mean searing bond traps wont work anymore?

It means just that, I strongly suspected that interaction will get cut too, and I agree with the decision.

Removal of such cheap exploits always makes me smile.

And no need to rebalance minjuns, a lot of players used them without snapshotting and they're fine like this.
However I'd like to ask for more control over them, like stance adjustment per minion type via some menu 'agressive - defensive'. We had that in Sacred 2 and Titan Quest, you could set minion default stance (in sacred globally, in TQ per minion type) and even order them directly to move or attack via ctrl-click. And it was useful, you could give your wolves and skeletons greater freedom as they were tougher and expendable but you could keep costly, frail and powerful minions like lich or nymph closer to you.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 17, 2014, 5:48:49 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
TiamatRoar wrote:
Will this be the case for minions summoned by a mine/trap, too? Like zombies or spectres linked to a remote mine support and raised via mine detonation, for example.
Yes. The minions are using a melee attack (or ranged attack or spell in the case of spectres) which is not being used by a mine or trap, and is thus not mine/trap damage.

This is similar to and now consistent with the fact that Raise Zombie is a spell, but the Zombies deal attack damage, and are not affected by increased spell damage, because the attack they use is not a spell.

does this also mean that spell echo wont work anymore to increase shooting speed of tentacle miscreations?
Last edited by zzang on Aug 17, 2014, 7:32:01 AM
we have to think of it this way:

the new trap gem says "20% increased trap damage"
now the skeleton is summoned and has the mod "20% increased trap damage"
This will be effective whenever the skeleton trows a trap ...
Never.
works the same as if you stack spell dmg from passives and never cast a spell.

In contrast: the totem will say "50% less damage"
so the summoned entity has the mod "50% less damage"
this is the case every time the entity does damage.

to the specific OP question:
the mine will cast a trap with "20% increased mine damage"
the trap does trap damage -> the mine modifier will not apply to this damage

Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Last edited by Fhedaykin on Aug 17, 2014, 7:43:01 AM
"
zzang wrote:
does this also mean that spell echo wont work anymore to increase shooting speed of tentacle miscreations?

If their shooting is affected by cast speed it will work, no reason not to. However, I think it's actually a ranged attack, so faster attacks is the gem of choice, or if we ever get multishot. Use echo for voidbearers.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info