Playing as a slow hitting melee

Don't bother motivating why you think that, it's not like this is a forum..
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 16, 2014, 2:00:48 PM
"
BobLobLaww wrote:
+1 to OP
+2
My first char was templar. Tried to use GH first but soon understood that it is a masochism, went to frost nova and it was so much better.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Bump for exposure!

Would like to see GGG's thoughts on this.
Is point #4 from the OP really how things work? I'm not so sure about that.

I don't really know what GGG can do. I took the addition of melee splash with its huge splash radius as an admission that pure single target melee just isn't the way to go in this game. Adding a new skill like molten strike just confirms it for me. It is a fast paced game with a wide variety of monsters with different behaviors. Some monsters are just going to suck to fight and desync will always make a bad situation worse.

Solutions like buffing range could be quite problematic because monsters use the same mechanics as players for the most part. Seemingly small changes could have massive game-wide effects.

Personally I love playing melee but I always pair accuracy/crit with speed, slower attacks with melee splash and resolute technique.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
I get from the responses that despite 2-handed melee beeing a rather unpopular charcter choice the wish for changes to the better are there...

Lets try to contribute suggestions regarding:
a) technical issues reworking/smoothening
b) ballance (as I am concerned this mainly concerns defenses)

"
Is point #4 from the OP really how things work? I'm not so sure about that.

I dont know if it works this way but it sure feels like it does. maybe we will get some clarification...

thanks for the support on the topic everyone

regards
You can hold Shift to attack from your current position...
I would love to see a gem that severely reduces, or is it lessens (?), attack speed in favor of a LARGE increase in dmg. Would be a fun change of pace.
"
You can hold Shift to attack from your current position...

This has been adressed in this thread several times. I clarified why this is not the solution to my initial problems. Thanks for bumping the thread though!

"
I would love to see a gem that severely reduces, or is it lessens (?), attack speed in favor of a LARGE increase in dmg. Would be a fun change of pace.

I would love that as well! But as the game is designed right now you wouldnt have much fun. REmember slow attacking means more chances for monsters to interrupt you with ferezes and stuns between attacks, leser mobility and the aforementioned desync issues which are more present to the player when playing slow.

I got my 2h-Glacial Hamemr Templar to 61 yesterday. With his staff he is sitting at about 7.5k DPS. I picked up an Echo Shrine which gave me Multistrike, the result: jumped to 17k promptly and the desync issues seemed to have been disapeared. That is exactly what I described eralier: MS is a workaround for these issues as it autoaims the next nearest target.
I really wanted to make it work without using MS, at least ONE char without reliance on multistrike but I guess Im rolling my 6-link belly to be all red noe to integrate MS. Otherwise he wont be able to get into 70 maps I think.

Get more feedback on this please, express how you feel when playing slow. DO you have workarounds you use? Do you have ideas hwo to improve the playstyle game-side? Or are you just ok with hte way 2h-slow style works out atm?

regards
Been wanting to express this for awhile, thanks to op for putting it into words.
"
derriesen wrote:

Get more feedback on this please, express how you feel when playing slow. DO you have workarounds you use? Do you have ideas hwo to improve the playstyle game-side? Or are you just ok with hte way 2h-slow style works out atm?

regards

Sure, no problem!

I feel pretty bored when playing slow. Pro workaround: Think about something else, listen to nice music, something like that.

You can improve your attacks speed with Haste, with Frenzy charges, with Multistrike, with Passives.

I'm good, just not playing for other reasons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info